Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I watched the entire season of this show and wanted to like it, but it spent so much time on the characters' personal lives and building up contrived conflicts that it quickly became not just a chore to watch at points, but unbelievable. I get that the show is supposed to be a drama, but so much soap opera level stuff began happening at the middle point that I almost stopped watching entirely. The last 2 episodes had much better writing.

From what I've read, it seems that this show hasn't been renewed for another season yet, and ratings aren't good enough to expect another season. Despite what I did like about this show (all of the primary actors are great in their roles), I wouldn't care too much if it doesn't get renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

It's unfortunate I have to rip on the main female character here, since I'm not one of those "lol girls can't computer" people, but Cameron was an utterly unbelievable character pretty much right from the start, and she only got worse as the show progressed. By the finale she's gone full Lisbeth Salandar, into the realm of "is there anything this character can't do?" A lot of very improbable stuff happens in this show with the other characters, but none of them become as utterly eye-rolling as Cameron. Kudos to the actress who portrayed her, because she did really drat well considering the awful material they gave her.

The episode where Joe's gay lover showed up also felt pretty tacky, as if the writers remembered the show is set in the 80s and thought "Let's put in a gay character who has HIV/AIDS! That would be so topical!"

It's pretty unfortunate this series didn't have better writers because it's a great concept that got saddled with mediocre plotting.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

There's no way it's coming back, not with those numbers posted above.

• Locked thread