Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait wait you guys are saying this is becoming watchable? I loved the concept but for now it was fairly insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thing is, I'm really into the MacGuffin and the first episodes annoyed me to no end. I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I hated the first few in spite of the computer talk, not because of.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cameron's the worst Manic Pixie Girl, and she can do Computer Wizardry.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm somehow bothered whenever they try to sell the thing as basically Apple in 2014 plus Apple in 1994, rather than Compaq or Columbia Data Products in 1982. Look, even though it's the 1980s, we have our own Siri, and we want our first computer to actually be a laptop, and it will weigh less than a fridge, and have color and everything! I vaguely remember computers from the late 80s, and they really didn't feel like what Cameron keeps promising.

And her operating system looks like Bob.

Maybe I should not expect this to be a documentary.

But really, the spirit they're presenting feels a lot more like the alternatives to the IBM PC - Commodore, Apple, Acorn - than like the vision behind the IBM compatibles.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Colonial Air Force posted:

I had a game that did exactly that on my Commodore 64. Eliza? Probably exists on the internet somewhere.

E: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

Apparently it existed back in 1966.
If a user interface reminds you of a program intended to emulate talking to an insane person, it is probably not a good user interface.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Worst of all, the premise was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

It would have been better as a 4-5 episodes mini-series.
It would have been better as a 9-season series that was actually good.

• Locked thread