Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

My uncle was one of the first Compaq employees. From what I've heard about it all from him it seems the show is heavily based on them. Dunno why they chose Dallas over Houston though. Joe the bald dude is pretty much Rod Canion.

e I also have an aunt who was all in the texas punk scene in the 80s so I guess this is A Show About My Parent's Siblings

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't know where this show could go, and I have a lot of doubts. However, holy poo poo they are doing an amazing job of recreating the look of that era.

The mall was just loving perfect.

definitely reminds me of growing up in early 90s Houston, even if it's a decade earlier.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Never thought I'd hear the Dicks on television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwSqERSSh0

An unknown hardcore punk band from Austin.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

These last two episodes have been really good. Too bad they already tanked their ratings with the first four.

drunkill posted:

Looked like a blind person, either that or electrocuted people have grey eyes.

Only two more episodes right? I don't know how the season (show?) will end like this.

Four more episodes of the season. I don't know anything about what determines whether shows get canceled or renwed but the episode before last got half a million viewers which seems pretty bleak.

That Hurricane was Alicia, which did indeed wallop Houston. Heard some stories from my dad trying to drive around downtown with glass covering the roads from all the skyscraper windows being blown out.

Also lol at Yo-Yo the goon being friendzoned.

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 7, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

As a Texan I'm pretty surprised he's actually not from here or at least from somewhere in the South, his accent is pretty spot on.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

unlimited shrimp posted:

If they get a second season then I am cautiously optimistic that the next season will be 100x better.

It really has hit its stride. Hopefully they give it one more chance.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I'm sad how this turned out. It was like a perfect storm of stuff I should have been interested in, and the two episodes before the finale showed some promise. Writers came up with a cool premise, just couldn't follow through. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gail Wynand posted:

Hey the intro sequence and soundtrack were really good

Also the sets and outfits and general look were absolutely perfect and fit 80s Texas amazingly well.

• Locked thread