Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Went through all of the season (well, series now I guess). What is so disappointing is that there was so much loving potential with this show. Ah well. I guess it doesn't help that one of the primary characters is one less sympathetic or likable than a serial killer.

edit: I still can't get past Lee Pace's eyebrows.

I agree with this, as well as other comments in this thread.

The set design was great, the early 80s look, especially Donna and Gordon's house. So reminded me of friend's houses in the 80s.

Cameron the character (not the actress) shat me up the wall. Yes she was young and new to the industry, but doesn't mean she has to throw the baby out with the bath water each time someone goes against her ideas.

The character of Joe was something I think the writers could not work out what they wanted to do with. One minute he'd be stern and be a good guide for where the Giant was going to, the next episode he'd be indecisive and unable to decide who he wanted to back, either Gordon or Cameron.

I missed the Boz in the last couple of episodes.

One thing that annoyed me was the continual cliche of failure to fuel the show. Wiping the disks, the design of the Giant's casing, the Giant not starting up for most of Comdex and the ex-TI bloke making his own mock up. Just got on my nerves.

Also I think Cameron's OS idea sucked. Sure it might have been good for home use, but it would've been laughed out of businesses and governments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread