Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Doesn't mean IBM wouldn't send lawyers after you anyway.

I agree on the bizarre "I am smug and know everything ahead of time", but I really like the show despite that. There were some pretty decent references (that I can't recall now) that at least showed they have real technology people on the show, instead of the normal "The IP is coming from inside the house!" crap we see in so many other shows.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Cameron's design is basically note for note out of Some Kind of Wonderful.

I got a lot of Sean Young out of her character, too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

:shrug: I like this show. But then I wasn't expecting it to be Mad Men or Breaking Bad.

Also, Cameron has been showing genuine feelings for Joe for a while. If they were just gently caress buddies, she wouldn't have been so emotional when they ended it that one time, and it wouldn't have been a huge deal to go to Joe's apartment and get her tapes back.

And the episode before this one, there was a huge emotional rift because she was upset at his rejection (which she also equated with his rejection of her magical OS).

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I had a game that did exactly that on my Commodore 64. Eliza? Probably exists on the internet somewhere.

E: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

Apparently it existed back in 1966.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

The Slingshot "team" got the specs from the fax Gordon sent to Donna, which is how they were so far ahead.

But I have to agree, Cameron flipping out is kind of dumb. "Hey Cameron, don't worry about it, once we have some capital we'll introduce the Giant II with your OS. We already know what we need for it!"

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Donna is going to use her Speak and Spell experience and make the Giant talk

I honestly thought she had already done it after looking at the broken Symphonix speaker. I was expecting it this episode.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Jose Pointero posted:

Technical accuracy ranting: Those modem handshake tones were of the 36.6/56k era.

Oh. Thank God I wasn't the only person to go all :spergin: about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Gail Wynand posted:

We're moving into the modem and BBS era, that should be fun.

Oh L.O.R.D.

• Locked thread