Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

gret posted:

So what was the importance of Gordon finding that switchblade?

I thought it was just there to further Gordon's suspicions that she's dangerous/unreliable/a mistake.

As for the show so far, I liked the pilot a lot more than the second episode, but I still liked the second episode. So far, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

jmu posted:

I'm not sure I quite understand the point of reverse engineering the BIOS and then having Howe write her own. Is the idea that Gordon will pass her tips or help her do stuff the way IBM did even though they're legally not allowed to speak to each other?

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I thought the idea behind this process was to reverse engineer it to note the functionality. But then you write your own code with the same functionality so you can't get in trouble legally.

Joe expects her to steal the code, but that's how it would be done legally. I think.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Usually pilots of shows are kind of weak and then things pick up from there. I experienced the opposite with H&CF. I loved the pilot, but each episode after was worse than the previous one.

I'm not done with it yet though. It has promise.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

^^ that's my understanding. The binder is the source code, I believe.

Edit: or some portion of the reverse engineering that they aren't allowed to use.

TheAngryDrunk fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 18, 2014

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

I actually thought that episode was a little better than 2 or 3. But still not very good.

The scene with Cameron and the spray paint was awful.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

The show seems to work better when the drama involves "outside forces vs. the team" compared to "the team vs. the team."

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

You sure about that? They said they had two months worth of cash to get the thing built before the company went under. That was like episode 1 or 2. Or am I forgetting something?

That was before the layoffs.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

You're thinking of Cameron. Donna is Gordon's wife.

Cameron looks 12.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

This thread is busier after the show finished.

That's not a good sign.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

I'm glad to see its back.

It might help that I instinctively compare H&CF to the other new show I'm watching: Tyrant.

HC&F isn't a great show (yet?), but I find it much better than Tyrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Kelfeftaf posted:

I wonder why it was renewed? Ratings were horrific and the critics kind of hated it. Anyway, I'm glad.

Joe talked them into it.

• Locked thread