Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I thought it was fantastic, can't wait to see more. But that is a terrible OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The show is pretty awesome, as a fellow nerd I really loved it.

Hopefully someone will make a real thread about the show because I'm sure there are lots of people that aren't posting because this is a poo poo thread and they're waiting for a real thread to be posted.

EDIT: As for the aping other shows workplace dramas, everything I've seen has been comparing it to Mad Men. I'm OK with this actually, since Mad Men used it's ideas and a totally new era opens up so many new ideas. That doesn't even include all of the drama that happened in real life at the time which alone is a show by itself.

ballistics statistics fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 4, 2014

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Was the guy who got hit by the electric pole the same guy who sold Gordon the brick or just some random person?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

I don't understand how TI got the design for the Giant. Was there an actual explanation or just that scene in tonight's episode where they don't know what the gently caress and her boss just mysteriously figured it out?

EDIT: also the Mac reveal was fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next episode where Joe freaks the gently caress out about it, knowing that Mac's were only a small percent of the market but he imagines they'll take over the whole industry (in 83).

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

pentyne posted:

Haha, that preview looks like Donna is setting up the entire evaluation to make it seem like her direct boss/lover took advantage of her, stole secret documents while working for TI, and then suddenly quit to try and launch his own PC company.

Just seems like she's telling the truth about what happened. When you condense all the facts down to 20 seconds, it does sound pretty ridiculous. Really it just seems like she's in the process of quitting and trying to just get fired for incompetence so that they don't nail her with a non-compete agreement. Unless I'm remembering the scene from the last episode, I thought she was interested in moving over to Cardiff. It also seems like the TI story is wrapping up or even over now that the affair story is done and the boss resigned.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Tonight's the season finale, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

The shave takes half the character out of Gordon. I haven't decided if I like the blowup with Joe just yet. We were warned at the start of the season that he'd have a meltdown, but I don't buy it happening the way that it did. He can't be going back to Cardiff after torching the truck and walking away either. Maybe next season everyone ends up at Mutiny and the season is focused on getting the modem and software up?

• Locked thread