Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

savinhill posted:

That makes them being able to make such a close copy of the Giant in a fraction of the time it took for the original to be made even more implausible. Like you said earlier, the reveal of the Slingshot was a good surprise plot twist at first, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever though once the initial surprise wears off and I think about it even a little bit.

They didn't have a working product yet. They just had pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

JohnSherman posted:

"Guys, have you seen that brochure for the Zaltair? We're finished, time to pack it up and go home."

Did you miss the printer scene? It was exactly that.

Besides, they didn't pack it up and go home. Did you even watch the episode?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It seemed really disjointed that they skipped so much, and really cheesy that they had Joe literally walking off into the sunset.

But who am I kidding? I'm still going to watch if it comes back because I'm a sucker for stories about that era. Fire in the Valley and On The Edge: The Rise and Fall of Commodore are some awesome books for people that are interested in the beginning of personal computing. I grew up with a Commodore VIC-20 and even through this show's flaws like the tacked on 80's bullshit like the cabbage patch plot and the completely unrealistic Cameron character this show evokes a lot of nostalgia for the excitement of computing in that era.

I liked seeing the VIC-20 box in the garage in this episode. They do a much better job of making things look like the 80s on this show than on The Americans.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ApathyGifted posted:

They were specifically making a computer for home use anyway.

No they weren't. They were talking about using a computer on an airplane. Which implies business use. And They kept talking about lotus 123, a spreadsheet application.

Besides even for home use that conversational OS interaction would have been horrible.

• Locked thread