Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
The ads are saying "only two episodes left this season" as opposed to, "only two episodes left." Grammatically that implies another season is coming, but maybe it is just wishful thinking on someone's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Good catch on "Adventure" being the thing that converted Bosworth. I think it's a fair point, but also think they needed to show the conversion a bit more before dropping the bomb that he is willing to go to jail for the device.

Mad Men is big on making plot leaps that are initially jarring, but that make sense once you figure them out. They usually do this with a pretty deft hand, which I think translates to not making you wait too long before figuring out what happened. It's a fine line between a stylistic device that adds to your enjoyment of the show and appreciation of its mode of storytelling, and one that makes you baffled and annoyed.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Re Macintosh -- Earlier in the episode someone made a comment about "Did you see windows?" I am pretty sure windows came several years after Macintosh took the world... well colleges, anyway... by storm. (And if we're going to get nitpicky, I'm pretty sure that GUI and using a mouse were actually from the LISA, while Macintosh put those same things in a cute, relatively affordable little package). But then again since both Apple and Microsoft were ripping off Xerox, maybe Windows was already underway when the Mac came out. Either way, I spent my time scratching my head at timing issues instead of fully appreciating the Macintosh reveal.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The guy kept boasting that they were going to beat the Giant to stores by at least a month so that still doesn't make any sense.

A sales guy making promises... you can take that to the bank!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I am not that surprised... in this day of binge watching/on demand shows like this can be looked at as a longer-term investment.

• Locked thread