Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beer pal

scientists know how to make a replicator like in star trek, but they dont wanna do it because they think people will call them nerds about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun

hosed up if true

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
mawwwm bill nye wont sharrre with meee

beer pal

the guy who knows how to cure cancer is waiting for his pain in the rear end father in law to die first before he publishes

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
"c'mon charles darwin quit hogging ur research"
"no"
"c'moooooonnnnnn lemme see evolutionnnnn"
"no it's mine"

dogcrash truther
The psychologist who cured depression is just waiting for you to get really sad so he can jack up the price

dogcrash truther
Psychiatrist: I made myself permanently happy, and that's enough for me

poverty goat

it turns out the secret to true happiness is to discover the secret of true happiness and keep it to yourself

beer pal

reporter: the science duo of sterns and lomach have just announced that theyve found a cure for aids that they can deploy as a mist from an airplane. wow thats just great. im here with..
lomach: it's lomach and sterns
reporter: uh sorry?
lomach: i did most of the work
reporter: yes, well can you speak about how you managed to..
lomach: sterns pretty much just got me coffee, it was all me
reporter: ..how you managed to..
lomach: if i dont get knighted for this im gonna be so pissed

beer pal

dogcrash truther posted:

Psychiatrist: I made myself permanently happy, and that's enough for me

City of Glompton

WetNightmare posted:

"c'mon charles darwin quit hogging ur research"
"no"
"c'moooooonnnnnn lemme see evolutionnnnn"
"no it's mine"

hahahahahah :)

i am he

*scientist stands up at a press conference with a lot of reporters sitting ready to take notes*

scientist: ahem yes, well, im pleased to announce that we have found the cure for cancer. all you have to do is co-

*hot girl reporter walks in wearing sexy high heels and a hot push up bra*
*scientist wipes sweat from brow, tugs at shirt collar*

scientist: uhh yes uh as i was saying um.. actually could you, uh, excuse me for uh just a second

*scientist runs and pukes in the bathroom and totally forgets the cure*

beer pal

they say the sea level is rising, but really they just wanna snatch up all the beach front property on the cheap

dogcrash truther

beer pal posted:

reporter: the science duo of sterns and lomach have just announced that theyve found a cure for aids that they can deploy as a mist from an airplane. wow thats just great. im here with..
lomach: it's lomach and sterns
reporter: uh sorry?
lomach: i did most of the work
reporter: yes, well can you speak about how you managed to..
lomach: sterns pretty much just got me coffee, it was all me
reporter: ..how you managed to..
lomach: if i dont get knighted for this im gonna be so pissed

cuntman.net

i bet scientists invented cancer in the first place

i am he

little kid runs up to cool scientist

wow cna i have your autograph i loved it when you figured out that math problem

outta the way kid im on my way to get an award i dont have time for you

*shoves hand in kids face and pushes him to the ground*

:(

oh sorry kid here let me help you up

*reaches his hand down but just when kid is about to grab it scientist pulls it away and runs it through his hair*

haha see ya later sucker

*gets in his toyota camry and zooms off*

dogcrash truther
pussy scientist: I ate all the pussy. My bad.

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

pussy scientist: I ate all the pussy. Too bad.

Reset Button

scientist: milgram i thought we weren't going to let subjects actually actually shock people, just pretend like they were
milgram: where's your sense of adventure *reaches over and turns shock lvl to max*
[over the screams in agony] milgram: god i'm so glad the irb doesn't exist yet

cuntman.net

Reset Button posted:

scientist: milgram i thought we weren't going to let subjects actually actually shock people, just pretend like they were
milgram: where's your sense of adventure *reaches over and turns shock lvl to max*
[over the screams in agony] milgram: god i'm so glad the irb doesn't exist yet

Reset Button

newton: how abt we figure out why deez nuts always fall in ur gay rear end face

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
dr frankenstein took a vacation around the world to get away from his kid that is pretty selfish

bog pixie

how does light go through space if theres nothing there?? a question burning in the hearts of mankind ofr centuries. well as a really good and respected scientist id like to tell you that i got high on opium last night, and i was like, what if there IS something there? and there is and its called the Luminiferous aether, you fuckers

I Dunno

phd student: aww yeah i totally finished my secret cured aids paper. now time to put my name-
*realizes prof he works under gets his name as first on paper*
f-gently caress!
*plots to kill prof so he wont steal his glory*
*spends years thinkingof foolproof way to kill prof and get away with it*
*dies in freak lab accident*
*paper never published*

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
"I've finally done it. A safe, one way portal into the anime world. Goodbye, body, I will not your disgusting 3Dness in the Chosen Land *presses button of hydraulic press that flattens him utterly*"

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Rick is pretty selfish so this stereotype holds weight imo

verily carefree

im no scientist

TiMBuS

LOL WUT?

I have called this press conference to let everyone know that we have performed extensive testing and analysis, and concluded objectively that science has not gone too far. I will not be taking any questions.
*crosses arms and skitters away on shoe-skates made from live, generically engineered rats*

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

TiMBuS posted:

I have called this press conference to let everyone know that we have performed extensive testing and analysis, and concluded objectively that science has not gone too far. I will not be taking any questions.
*crosses arms and skitters away on shoe-skates made from live, generically engineered rats*

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
ken ham: can i have some science
bill nye: lol no

the unabonger
i mean look at those dudes who came up with the atom bomb. all they did was show japan how it worked, then boom. none for the rest of us.

beer pal

TiMBuS posted:

lol

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I have discovered
something amazing

it is a new discovery
of utmost abasement

I have invented
a new menthol breath mint

it kills on contact
with human excrement.

Reset Button

[scientist is in a bar, nursing a beer. he looks five minutes from sobbing hysterically.]
bartender: what's wrong?
scientist: i found the cure for cancer.
bartender: jesus, that's great! but uh, i don't understand what the problem is here...
scientist: it's loving great for people with cancer but they made me fourth author on the paper!
[scientist then downs beer and sobs]

Reset Button

honestly just pretend i posted every whine about authorship on papers itt

Reset Button

I Dunno posted:

phd student: aww yeah i totally finished my secret cured aids paper. now time to put my name-
*realizes prof he works under gets his name as first on paper*
f-gently caress!
*plots to kill prof so he wont steal his glory*
*spends years thinkingof foolproof way to kill prof and get away with it*
*dies in freak lab accident*
*paper never published*

im claiming first author on this post

Ace of Baes
how do we know science is even real in order to understand all the science you have to go to science school so then you just spent a bunch of money on science and the only way to make money is to pretend to be science but really theyre just playing unreal tournament 2004 and stealing our tax dollars fuckin nerds

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
* discovers cure for malaria *

aw poo poo only poor people catch this

* crumples up paper and burns it *

oh well

ron color
SCIENTIST: I have invented a new yellow food dye
SCIENTIST: it's called Yellow 45
ASSISTANT: But it's made of the same chemicals as other yellow dyes
ASSISTANT: isn't it the same thing?
SCIENTIST: uh NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TiMBuS

LOL WUT?

Can we truuely better others lives without first trying to better our own? Ive invented everything i thout i wanted, but still there is a void in me. I smash my empty whiskey glass on the ground and a real life replica of Rosie from the Jetsons in a bikini comes out of a sliding wall to clean it up.
"your poo poo. youre filth. you never loved me mom" i hiss at it thru clenched teeth and punch its cold steel chassis. the LED eyes flicker as its neural network processes my input, before deciding to silently teeter back to the crawlspace.

• Locked thread