Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

dotchan posted:

First, a crosspost from the Star Wars thread: a [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?
Off the top of my head, here's a short list where I recursively translate the Chinese titles back into English the best I can):
Chrono Trigger -> Wheel of Time
Final Fantasy -> Space Warriors
Gone With the Wind -> Wartime Lovers
Hellsing -> Stranger on a Hellish Night
Metal Gear -> Legendary Commando Spy
Rurouni Kenshin -> Itinerant Godly Sword
Slayers -> Screwed-Up Magician

My friend had ordered the entire Giant Robo series on horribly bootlegged VHS from some kind of zine back in the day and she got back a series of tapes titled GAINT ROBOT that had mind bending subtitles. It's still my favorite take on the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread