Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I kinda wanna write an effortpost on Shogun Assassin but basically all I know is that it mashes together the first three Lone Wolf and Cub movies and it's also dope as hell, so I have a fair bit of research to do.

e: Also, most of the Shaw Bros dubs I've seen are fairly accurate, just not very well-acted. Ditto Master of the Flying Guillotine, though that one's just straight up fun (hell, I'd say it's more enjoyable in English than in Cantonese).

e2: Proof of Shogun Assassin's dope-ness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s7pNmhnBTw

peep that loving awesome 80s synth score

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I like the English dub of Princess Mononoke a little better than the subtitled version, if that counts. The dub script was written by Neil Gaiman and it's fantastic.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Island Nation posted:

I'm not surprised, any modification from the original work would've been multiplying by zero regardless of who did it.

I offered to take a friend (a big Miyazaki fan) to see The Wind Rises when it played near me and was told that unless it was subbed not to bother.

So "big Miyazaki fans" are what the obnoxious weeaboos from the early 2000s turned into. Hooray.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The only Ghibli movie I can think of where they haven't screened both versions is loving Ponyo, though, and even then I probably just didn't notice. Also, I interpreted that as the poster offering to pay for the obnoxious weeb's ticket, which is probably a lot of why that sounds silly to me.

• Locked thread