Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
I've always found Italian exploitation cinema to be a lot of fun. Essentially their whole exploitation culture is based around generating whole series of movies that are remakes and remixes of a few originals. The Zombi films are a clear example of course.

The popularity of westerns led to the spaghetti westerns, The French Connection and Dirty Harry led to a whole decade of Eurocrime. Popular sci-fi led to classics like Alien 2 and Starcrash. Ozploitation classic Patrick led to Patrick Lives Again.

But they weren't beyond ripping off their own work. For some reason cannibal movies became very popular there and what do you do then? You combine them with zombie movies and end up with Zombi Holocaust. What surprised me the most about all of this is that even a piece of crap like this played for months in cinemas here in The Netherlands. Cheap cinemas, granted, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread