Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
My Mii's dumb smile made this priceless to experience. Also, having the love triangle controversy play out when you're showing this game off to friends is a treat. We were all being idiots and yelling at the screen. Good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hank Hill came in and stole Tommy Wiseau's love away from him.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, the Judge from Ace Attorney told me he was having trouble with sleeping recently. Because of this, I decided to conduct a dream study. The results were...illuminating, to say the least.

This picture displays a miniature Dr. Gregory House, which displays his fear of death.

This image displays his knowledge that he is the only thing that sends people to jail or lets them free.

This one shows how much he likes cake.

No idea.

And this one shows that his favorite color is pink.

In conclusion, I have no idea what this accomplished.

MissKitteh
Mar 11, 2010
I've made a lot of miis over the last few days. My look-alike has a range of friendships with them (from best buds to not getting along). Will that eventually change, and become better friends again? Or am I always destined to be "not getting along" with some of them?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

MissKitteh posted:

I've made a lot of miis over the last few days. My look-alike has a range of friendships with them (from best buds to not getting along). Will that eventually change, and become better friends again? Or am I always destined to be "not getting along" with some of them?

It's essentially random. While you can probably nudge them to the right direction occasionally when they ask you for advice, ("How do you rate me and MissKitteh?") usually you have little control over how they live their friendships.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I can't stop making dudes for this, here's the Earthbound kids if someone wants them (ignore the outfits, they look dumb!). Also, for some reason I had to change Jeff's last name; "Andonuts" was blocked, but "Andonut" wasn't? :iiam:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Someone Awful! posted:

I can't stop making dudes for this, here's the Earthbound kids if someone wants them (ignore the outfits, they look dumb!). Also, for some reason I had to change Jeff's last name; "Andonuts" was blocked, but "Andonut" wasn't? :iiam:

I bet its the "nuts" part. Because nintendo's taking heavy precautions to make sure people can't make the voice synthesizer say anything potentially naughty! :downs:

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I'm not trying to pimp my own poo poo for any personal gain, but I made a little Tumblr to house some of my Tomodachi Life photos. After I upload and comment on the photos, I share it on my Facebook News Feed so all of my friends can see the wacky things they are doing in the game. They seem to enjoy it more than I think they'd care to admit.

If you all are interested in taking a peek at this creation, be my guest.

tomodachi.zfleeman.com

Be sure to click on the pictures for captions. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the {Photoset} tag when making Tumblr themes.

I also saved all of my Mii Maker faces to an SD card, uploaded them to my server, and made a random number script to pull up six random Mii faces on the page load. I like doing that stuff when making websites for some reason. It's cool to hit F5 over and over again.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

These are fantastic. They make me want to actually take the time to go through that game. I swear I've started it seven different times, but haven't dedicated the appropriate amount of time to finish.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I just had my first encounter with an explorer from StreetPass. He walked around, gave me some special item (food), sent a photo of himself and Richard Stallman at the beach back home and then spent a night sleeping in the camp site. Then he hitched a ride to a different Island I encountered on StreetPass the following day. What a novel idea.

You can even check what islands he's visited during his voyage at the jetty.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I bought this game merely as a way to use my army of miis. Seeing my sister's reaction of her mii in a hamster suit made it worth it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ugh I'm at a hair dye deficit because I didn't know bathing removed it. My Etrian Odyssey medic needs orange hair and my Diabolix (EO boss) needs purple hair. But no one is giving me any!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Here are some of my Etrian Odyssey Miis. I took some liberties with the names because PCs have no names and characters only have a first name if they have anything at all. A bunch of the nicknames are from what people on Pixiv call them and the Dark Hunter is a shoutout to the ongoing (?) LP of the first game.

NPCs:

PCs:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Way to be psychic, buddy!

He clearly Groundhog Day'd the poo poo out of this one.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I got this game this weekend. It's really weird. Adding a variety of Miis from QR codes has not improved matters. But at least I got to see Scottie Pippen and Hina from Danganronpa find a cheeseburger on the beach and get married. That's not a thing that happens in a lot of games.

I got the E-Shop version, how do I find the demo codes? or is that not a thing anymore since the demo is public?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Go to Settings -> Account Activity in the eShop and then view the receipt for this game and it should be there.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Champeenship posted:

Go to Settings -> Account Activity in the eShop and then view the receipt for this game and it should be there.

I found the receipt, but there are no codes. Probably since I bought after the demo went public. Oh well, no real use to them anymore anyhow. Does the apartment building eventually upgrade past 24 people? I mean, I probably won't go much over the 15 I currently have, but some of the previews I saw had huge herds of Miis running around.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I found the receipt, but there are no codes. Probably since I bought after the demo went public. Oh well, no real use to them anymore anyhow. Does the apartment building eventually upgrade past 24 people? I mean, I probably won't go much over the 15 I currently have, but some of the previews I saw had huge herds of Miis running around.

Yeah it automatically upgrades as you add more miis

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
This game is a good game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just had something happen in this game that I need to share.

I stumbled upon Princess Peach having a dream. I thought I'd see her being dipped in chocolate again or something. I WAS WRONG!

First, she gets a visit from my cat-ninja Mii as a fairy...

Meat and potato stew gives you super powers?

Anime transformation sequence, go!

Coming this Saturday to your local station!

Complete with life lessons for the kids! Thank you, Bolt Peach, I will try to remember that.

And then I got her outfit.

Yep. That sure was a thing that just happened!

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

My sister and Batman had a baby... yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been enjoying this game over the past few days. Put myself, the Yakumos from Touhou, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina, and the four main characters from Hunter X Hunter in this to start out with, and things have been... Interesting. Ran tried to set my Mii up with Yukari but it didn't result in a relationship, then my Mii asked Ran out but she turned him down. Mario also asked Ran out, and likewise got turned down.

Topic of Mario, he's been especially entertaining. After calling Luigi to the tower roof in disguise and telling his little brother that "the fate of the world rests in your hands, and also in your feet" (which I thought was amazingly perfect) on their first day on the island, he's practically become the villain of my game. He's always saying weird and/or vaguely menacing things, and the deep voice I gave him doesn't help. Giving him a punching bag didn't help either, as I frequently check on him only to find him beating the ever-loving poo poo out of that thing. He also hasn't even met Peach, or any of the other characters from his series, yet.

Meanwhile, while Mario's off being weird, Luigi does ballet (and sports) and pretty much immediately became friends with Daisy (also very sporty), who subsequently got into a relationship with him and, earlier today, asked him to marry her. She moves fast, apparently. Peach meanwhile seems to mostly be befriending the children, while Rosalina until like today or yesterday didn't have any friends at all, and it was the other person who made the move to befriend her anyway. Not sure why, since she has the same personality as my Mii and Ran (Thinker), who are the fourth and second-most popular islanders respectively. The Brainiac character also ended up not having any friends until today, likewise because the other person decided to come see him rather than the reverse. I was half-expecting him to just never meet another islander.

Meanwhile two of the three children I put on the island (Chen and Gon) tend to be the ones doing the news most often for some reason, and Chen in particular is the most popular islander. Everyone loves Chen. I wonder if this is a personality thing or just a coincidence, since they got two of the most extroverted personalities (Trendsetter for Chen and Leader for Gon).

I need to put more characters in this. Thinking of throwing some Final Fantasy characters in, and maybe Lee and Clementine, among others. Also probably Rob Zombie. I've also been taking pictures and am going to try to find a way to get them off my card, so I can share things like Mario declaring that he's, "Good at sports. All sports. Even the dumb ones." (Which is true, I suppose.)

Amarie posted:

My sister and Batman had a baby... yeah...

Batman + Sister = Bug. Sure, makes as much sense as anything else in this game.

• Locked thread