Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
As far as I can tell, it's just a way to make them happy and level them up (which has them give you stuff and lets you give them phrases and interiors and stuff). I don't think they get pissed off and leave or anything but I'm not sure.

Also for anyone who has Giant Bomb subscriber, they are playing this right now on UPF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How 'deep' does it get? Like I can tell it has a thing where everyone has a little icon saying they want something, and there seems to be a pretty basic system of hunger and favorite foods that doesn't seem to have much impact beyond making them unhappy if they're hungry. Is it one of those things where if I say, go a month or so obsessed with replaying a Pokemon game the only worry I'll have is missing spotpass treats or the like, or is it more Tomagachi style where I need to check in every so often or things go bad?

More-so Pokemon. This is a game well spent by playing a few minutes per day instead of binging through it for hours at a time. There are absolutely zero penalties for not playing it for a long period of time, save for spot pass goodies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HelloWinter posted:

More-so Pokemon. This is a game well spent by playing a few minutes per day instead of binging through it for hours at a time. There are absolutely zero penalties for not playing it for a long period of time, save for spot pass goodies.

Alright, that's worth 30 bucks, I'm in.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh man, watching these rap battles at the fountain is giving me Monkey Island sword-fighting flashbacks. :allears:

(That last one was bad enough to get him booed off the stage.)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Hello, have some Something Awful themed pals.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Someone Awful! posted:

Oh man, watching these rap battles at the fountain is giving me Monkey Island sword-fighting flashbacks. :allears:

I just watched Chie from Persona and Walt from Breaking Bad have a rap battle. GOTY.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
I took a code this morning, and now I'm giving back!

A04P4TD90GWEDH1M

A04SMPNY1KT7RY4H

Honestly, I can see myself enjoying this game for a long time. It looks like such a great way to unwind after a long day of work (or just during my lunch break if things get too hectic).

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Psst, if you rub on a Mii's face who's currently sleeping, you can marker on their faces.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

A04P4TD90GWEDH1M

I took this one. Thank you!

The second one's already gone too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been playing this on and off all day and I still can't decide if I like it or not. I'm constantly going "man I think I wasted money on this." then something goofy happens or something cracks a smile and I'm (somewhat) back on board.

I just wish there was more... control? Something to do like, animal crossing lets me at least walk around and stuff.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
This has been pretty amazing.

Cooking with Waluigi!

Also, Brock with too much caffeine. Please keep your eyes closed (His favourite was Soda - I think I lucked out?)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I picked this up after trying the demo, and it's really fun and low-maintenance. It has the chill-out factor of Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon without the stress of needing to play every day or worry about crops or whatever. Reminds me a lot of The Sims, but with more goofy stuff and less 'sim' to it.

Basically the exact type of game I've been looking for as a portable thing lately.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I was looking forward to seeing what the rap contest was, and it did not disappoint. It was incredibly weird, just like I would have wanted.

That's from left to right Chun-Li, Ganondorf, Lu Bu, Joseph Joestar, Solid Snake and DIO.

Lu Bu won.

Please give QR codes for Lu Bu, DIO, and JoJo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got all of those from miicharacters.com .

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What does the demo actually let people do in this?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Countblanc posted:

What does the demo actually let people do in this?

You can make three residents and solve five 'problems', and it gives you some free clothing and room types to hand out to them.

It's a really rudimentary example of some of what the game lets you do. The big thing is probably that it gives you some free stuff for the real game if you import the demo's save file.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The game actually reminds me a lot of Wario Ware at times. Both in terms of visual style and humor.

Also if you put all the voice sliders to the left, you get the greatest voice of them all. I can't wait for the rap battle tomorrow!

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I ran out and bought this earlier today. As soon as I put Zoidberg in, a news station opened up and he immediately presented an important news update about a seventeen reports of missing sardines. Then he farted and I drew on my roommate's face while she was dreaming about being a racing snail. I'm already having so much fun. I wish anyone I knew IRL would appreciate this.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
For anyone still on the fence about this game. I made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG6fihQlvU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm so confused, is she rapping about Lord of the Rings :psyduck:

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I have a code here for the EU demo.

Enjoy!

Code taken!

King Crab fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 7, 2014

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

King Crab posted:

I have a code here for the EU demo.

Enjoy!

A04RNA490N9SA1LE

Grabbed this, thanks!

Nyfina
Jul 10, 2013
I have one code left:
A04JQJ1S0XELV474

Has been claimed!

Nyfina fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 7, 2014

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Nyfina posted:

I have one code left:
A04JQJ1S0XELV474

Thank yous!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If I gave a demo code and a friend and they decided to buy, how do I receive the special item?

Nyfina
Jul 10, 2013

Mitsune posted:

Thank yous!

You're welcome!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Grrl Anachronism posted:

If I gave a demo code and a friend and they decided to buy, how do I receive the special item?

They receive the special item when they get the full version. They can give you a copy of it since they get 2 of them.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

glassyalabolas posted:

They receive the special item when they get the full version. They can give you a copy of it since they get 2 of them.

I thought you couldn't play together over wifi, and thus, not exchange items if not local to each other?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
This game is amazing. Parasol Island is up and running fabulously. I just wish I knew who else to put in my town-- I've already got all the Miis I thought I would want, and it's only seven. :ohdear: I think I'm just going to start making up people.

But after watching my boyfriend's Mii dream about chasing a waffle on a string, I was hooked.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
You can hold L or R to find out a Mii's relationships.

And in regards to getting the extra Panda Suit, item trades are local wireless only. If you care a lot about getting it, you could play your own demo before playing the game. I actually got a panda suit in store today by chance, so you might get it eventually anyways.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
So I made an ant. It got a crush on another Mii, and was rejected.

It's been sitting sad in the apartment for awhile. I've tried giving it food and presents but it's still down. Anyone know what cheers up a heartbroken Mii?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Green Jacket posted:

It's been sitting sad in the apartment for awhile. I've tried giving it food and presents but it's still down. Anyone know what cheers up a heartbroken Mii?

That happened to me with Chie and Waluigi this morning. I don't think there's a special way, but I decided to try out all my assorted items like Bath Set and Sliding Puzzles to slowly lower the sadness bar.

Chie started dating Reggie almost five minutes after she got over it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Green Jacket posted:

You just have to keep giving them stuff and instead of happiness increasing, the sadness meter will go down. Clothing and room changes work too.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
Awesome, thanks! I'm really enjoying this game. Its got that quirky Nintendo humor I love.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
A04M33L40YVCSLH2
A04SMRG120049FDJ

A bit ehhh so far.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

TEHJOE posted:

A04M33L40YVCSLH2

Nabbed this one, thank you TEHJOE. :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there any reason I should worry about stealing my girlfriends copy and using it in my 3ds sometimes? I'm worried about screwing something up.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

TEHJOE posted:

A04SMRG120049FDJ

And I took this one. Thanks a lot!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is there any reason I should worry about stealing my girlfriends copy and using it in my 3ds sometimes? I'm worried about screwing something up.

Yeah, your relationship. Don't steal from people, especially your girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

If you're on the edge of buying this game. Just watch this video.

http://youtu.be/9ZjrgPlBbrM

• Locked thread