Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

pichupal posted:

You can hold L or R to find out a Mii's relationships.

And in regards to getting the extra Panda Suit, item trades are local wireless only. If you care a lot about getting it, you could play your own demo before playing the game. I actually got a panda suit in store today by chance, so you might get it eventually anyways.

From what I'm reading you can eventually get the panda suit from normal gameplay. I gave my demo codes to friends back in my hometown who aren't local to me any more, so I'll just wait. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Another way to get clothes is to give an islander a sewing machine, which is one of the items they can give you for solving their problems.

As an added bonus, the clothes item an islander creates will always (I think) make them happier if you give it to them, and that pattern will be added to your shop so you can buy more.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh my god I am dying here!

Just watched the rap battle over at the fountain. It was my Mii against a friend's Mii. Friend's Mii smacks down with "Cats don't like you!"

She lost. I thought it was a sick burn.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

what a charming man

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
The rap battles are amazing. Snoop Dogg just got beat after trying "I'm hungry."

edit: 3 of my miis are just rolling around on the floor for no discernible reason.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 8, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I made you all something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rocketlex posted:

This better not be a butthole.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Rocketlex posted:

Thanks for the malware, rear end in a top hat.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man that reminds me I'm almost positive some people have already made an entire island full of internet memes and creepy-pasta characters.

Just an apartment full of Slendermen and Drowned Bens.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Boat posted:

If you're on the edge of buying this game. Just watch this video.

http://youtu.be/9ZjrgPlBbrM

Seems like this is a popular idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Gi1GZN1SA

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

oh my god this is adorable :3:

fake edit:

Miis can crossdress? It's revolutionary!

fake fake edit:

avlein fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 8, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

avlein posted:

Miis can crossdress? It's revolutionary!

Yep, though apparently male miis don't tend to gain happiness from being given women's clothing. That being said, male miis will readily put on blush and eyeshadow if given the Beauty Kit as a gift, which I found rather surprising.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Rocketlex posted:

Yep, though apparently male miis don't tend to gain happiness from being given women's clothing. That being said, male miis will readily put on blush and eyeshadow if given the Beauty Kit as a gift, which I found rather surprising.

None of the girls I've given male clothing have been happy about it either.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

mikeycp posted:

None of the girls I've given male clothing have been happy about it either.

One of mine was. It was a biker jacket. (I forget exactly what it was called.) It's probably just a much lower percent chance.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

$35 well spent.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rocketlex posted:

I have no idea what this is. What is it supposed to be a reference to?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All the girl miis want to do is hang out with DIO. I wonder if that has to do with DIO being my "look-alike" mii since it was the first one I put in, and is therefor kinda the player surrogate in some way.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

FirstAidKite posted:

I have no idea what this is. What is it supposed to be a reference to?

A short story I wrote for another thread in Games a while back.

But anyway, I have a PRO TIP for all of you! If a Mii is heartbroken over relationship stuff, giving them a trip with a Travel Ticket will clear away their sadness instantly, no matter how full the sadness bar is!

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

I love this game

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

But anyway, I have a PRO TIP for all of you! If a Mii is heartbroken over relationship stuff, giving them a trip with a Travel Ticket will clear away their sadness instantly, no matter how full the sadness bar is!

Alternatively, one of my heartbroken miis made friends with Robocop and was instantly fine.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tomodachi Quest is pretty great.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Strange Quark posted:

Tomodachi Quest is pretty great.

How do you unlock this!?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

tentawesome posted:

How do you unlock this!?

It's an event at the amusement park, which you get after an islander confesses their love to someone.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

tentawesome posted:

How do you unlock this!?

It's an event at the Amusement Park. To unlock that, a Mii has to confess their love to another Mii. You'll see a heart icon by a Mii's window when it wants to do this (or it wants to propose to the mii it's currently dating). The confession of love doesn't have to be returned, either. I unlocked it when one of my OCs confessed her love to Duke Nukem only to be shot down.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

All the girl miis want to do is hang out with DIO. I wonder if that has to do with DIO being my "look-alike" mii since it was the first one I put in, and is therefor kinda the player surrogate in some way.

Nah, don't think that's a factor. I'm a girl, and my most sought after girl is not my look-alike.

Related, I put Lupin III in my game and he's had three girls try and confess to him. Always a player.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I can also attest that no women on the island want anything to do with my look-a-like.

They all want to date Gabe Newell instead :negative:

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
George Costanza told me he was interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with my wife. I thought, ha ha, sure why not George, proceeded to give him the worst dating advice I could muster. She accepted his proposal.

I reset the game without saving. This is the not the Tomodatchi Life I was looking to lead.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

petewhitley posted:

George Costanza told me he was interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with my wife. I thought, ha ha, sure why not George, proceeded to give him the worst dating advice I could muster. She accepted his proposal.

I reset the game without saving. This is the not the Tomodatchi Life I was looking to lead.

My own Mii keeps trying to set up my boyfriend with Janelle Monae. :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
My Mii-lookalike and my girlfriend look-alike immediately went after each other and became sweethearts. Every other girl on the island is chasing after Nic Cage. This all seems like the appropriate state of affairs to me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Arino almost immediately took it upon himself to set up me-mii and girlfriend-mii.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

someone needs to make a Daenerys and Ser Jorah romance happen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Who can deny Dio, though? I'd be more worried if there were women not wanting him.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

In my fiancee's game, my mii went on a date with hers, when a friend of ours butted in to steal her away. Her mii stayed with mine. She was delighted. I was not.

In my game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7dM8uNuRM
The music hall is the best.

EDIT: vvvv Sorry, man. :(

rhoga fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 8, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

This is absolutely embarrassing garbage.

This is brilliant.

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."
I'm so on the fence about buying this game. I'm just worried it'll get boring really fast if I play ~1 hour a day.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Organic Robot posted:

I'm so on the fence about buying this game. I'm just worried it'll get boring really fast if I play ~1 hour a day.

While the gameplay is very different, the progression is similar to Animal Crossing. This game has a lot of content, but it's titrated slowly day by day. If that kind of game appeals to you, you'll love Tomodachi Life.

EDIT: How are people exporting video from the Music Hall? Is it something you unlock or do that many people really own 3DS capture devices?

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 8, 2014

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

There's no unlock for it, as far as I know, even though there really should be one. The quality isn't gonna be great, but if you've got something to share, point a camera at your 3ds.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Has anyone had a traveler yet?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I watched the Nintendo Direct preview a while ago, but I'm still kind of confused how the gameplay of this is set up. Is there a real-time clock like Animal Crossing, or does everything happen on its own time? Basically, will I be locked out of content due to the time of day or date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

Dad Jokes posted:

I watched the Nintendo Direct preview a while ago, but I'm still kind of confused how the gameplay of this is set up. Is there a real-time clock like Animal Crossing, or does everything happen on its own time? Basically, will I be locked out of content due to the time of day or date?
There is a real-time clock. Unlike Animal Crossing, the shops are open all the time. However, there are time-based events in locations like the fountain and park. Miis also start going to sleep around 9 PM, although when exactly they sleep is dependent on the Mii. Not really sure if there are any date-based events like holidays yet.

• Locked thread