Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

A04P4Q1L1NMMWKY4

Took this one, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
Today's morning market item is spoiled milk.

I have been playing this game often since it came out and it's still doing new things to weird me out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Welp. I couldn't resist after the demo, so any goons that wanna try it out

[used code]
A04VVTTL39GS251L
Couldn't get this to work, was just getting 011-6561 errors.
What region do demo codes have to be from to use in Australia? Euro or US one?

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
George Costanza and Nicki Minaj had a lovely wedding.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

George Costanza and Nicki Minaj had a lovely wedding.

Congrats. Dan Hibiki and Faith got married today as well

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

None of my Miis have gotten hitched yet, but that could be because it seems like EVERY male Mii I have insists on crushing on me.

I brought in some more ladies last night (Peach, Zelda, Samus) so maybe it'll get better...

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Welp.

(You're supposed to guess 2 items from the shadow)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Konjuro posted:

Welp.

Trick question: It's a puppy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Konjuro posted:

Welp.

It's grits and clotted cream you loving idiot.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Konjuro posted:

Welp.

I hate that game because there's always one that's like, some circular thing overlapping a circular thing, and obviously they're plates but who the hell knows what's on them.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
My attempts to ruin someones life have failed.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

UPS just delivered this stupid piece of poo poo. :woop: Here are two US demo codes.

A04K05NB2DX1F2NF

A04K0L0C0PPG9MYN

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 11, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
The only Miis who've gotten married so far are My mii and Sailor Jupiter.

Sailor Venus wants to marry Lelouch but I just don't think that will work.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Bummey posted:

A04K05NB2DX1F2NF

Took this code, thanks! :)

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Edit: Stupid phone.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Edit: Stupid phone x2

Double Jones
Sep 6, 2013

Bummey posted:

A04K0L0C0PPG9MYN

Thanks, I grabbed this code.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My Mii's latest frying-pan concoction: "Seafood-Stuffed Granola Parfait."

Also, every time I check on my two married Miis' house, one of them is in the shower. I'm not sure what to think about that.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Parasol Prophet posted:

My Mii's latest frying-pan concoction: "Seafood-Stuffed Granola Parfait."

Also, every time I check on my two married Miis' house, one of them is in the shower. I'm not sure what to think about that.

My favorite frying pan concoction so far was a banana peel.

I'm guessing once miis are married, that's it, no divorces or anything? Unless I delete one of them maybe....

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This game found a way to make me feel bad. All of my friends mii's, and all of the random people minus a few have a best friend but no one wants to be a bff with my look a like.

He's a nice guy I swear!

Though I gotta be honest, outside of the strange thing every once in awhile I... don't know why they bothered to bring this game over. It's really not that good. Friend made me describe it and the only thing I could think of was "Imagine if you were playing animal crossing and you lived in a village you had no control over, everyone has the same personality type with a fraction of the lines, and there's almost no customization outside one or two hats you can buy a day"

It's just so absolutely lacking in content that it fails even as a fishbowl thing. Tomadachi Quest was charming but the map never changes (outside the left/right choice), dreams repeat often, everyone has the same animations for everything, and the "jobs/personalities" given don't effect anything.

I want to love the game but it's just so low effort it's unreal. It was a impulse buy for me but I can't see this staying around for very long unlike animal crossing which I still boot up every once in awhile to mess around in.

If they were to put effort into a sequel I'd be interested- Make the Mii's interact with the apartments I buy them, make them more interesting (the modern room's tv is just a static sunset image, have it at least flicker). Give them actual jobs like I can poke my head in on a Mii who's a designer and "Hey check out this shirt I made". Expand Tomadachi Quest or at least randomize it a little more, give things more animations in general (If a Mii is good at cooking they tear up the kitchen, if they're bad the fumble around like idiots), give the Mii's more lines just... god this game is so lazy.

A change in scenery is always nice

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 12, 2014

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

Silver Falcon posted:

None of my Miis have gotten hitched yet, but that could be because it seems like EVERY male Mii I have insists on crushing on me.

I brought in some more ladies last night (Peach, Zelda, Samus) so maybe it'll get better...

I made the Golden Girls which drastically balanced my male to female ratio.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The one big thing I would like to see is control over the Mii's jobs. If I could have a dedicated news team that would be great, or have Cooking Mama exclusively work at the food store.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Though I gotta be honest, outside of the strange thing every once in awhile I... don't know why they bothered to bring this game over. It's really not that good.

In my opinion once you get over the wackiness it feels like Refreshing Webpages: The Game. You just check it every now and then and see if there's anything entertaining. Usually there isn't.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to love the game but it's just so low effort it's unreal. It was a impulse buy for me but I can't see this staying around for very long unlike animal crossing which I still boot up every once in awhile to mess around in.

Yeah, a week ago when this game came out I was debating getting it or Animal Crossing and now I'm seriously regretting getting Tomodachi. It's fun for the 1st day and then you're just seeing each character say the same things, playing those mindless mini games, and feeding them over and over.

Even the cafe which would be maybe the best part of the game where you see the miis really interact with each other was a disappointment because after 2 mins the dialog started looping. The laziness of this game is astounding, there's nothing to look forward to after playing this for 3 days.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Eh, I don't know. I've been playing Animal Crossing non-stop for one year now, and... well, I'm pretty much through with it. Same old routines day in day out blah blah blah. So I'm currently partial to Tomodachi Life at the moment, since it fills the gap nicely. It probably helps that I didn't expect the game to be anything but a random sit com simulator. (And you know how those are.)

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
For me it's the best commute game. I never feel interrupted if I have to stop playing it like every other game I own, and there's a few things you can do besides mindlessly tap the screen like mess with the song lyrics or create a new resident. That being said, it's basically just a screen tapper like a lot of cellphone games that don't actually require thought and I can definitely understand why people find it boring. I give myself mini-goals, like get everyone the Opera song, or give everyone a tennis racket.

I can admit that it's definitely not worth the price I paid though, especially compared to what's out there that I haven't gotten around to playing.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The game did amazingly well for a minimal budget title in Japan, so they probably had enough left over for an overseas release. Though I doubt we'll be seeing a Tomodachi World or whatever.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do miis get Best Friends? I have a couple who are married, and a bunch have someone who they consider to be a "best bud" in the Relationships panel, but no one has a Best Friend yet.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do miis get Best Friends? I have a couple who are married, and a bunch have someone who they consider to be a "best bud" in the Relationships panel, but no one has a Best Friend yet.

A mii will ask you about their relationship with another mii they are friends with. Pick great match and they'll more than likely become their best friend.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For some reason, Nintendo executives and Game of Thrones characters keep pairing up in my Island. Sansa x Iwata is just a few days after the marriage of Bill Trinen and Cersei.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rexroom posted:

Eh, I don't know. I've been playing Animal Crossing non-stop for one year now, and... well, I'm pretty much through with it. Same old routines day in day out blah blah blah. So I'm currently partial to Tomodachi Life at the moment, since it fills the gap nicely. It probably helps that I didn't expect the game to be anything but a random sit com simulator. (And you know how those are.)

I don't think you're alone in why you bought the game, people are just sad with the lack of that very thing in it. There's just very little content in the game! It's weird that every character is exactly the same, and reacts in the same way when you give them their favorite food, when you look in their belly ("Pretty Neat, Riiiiight?"), when they get coffee together, and pretty much everything else. I'd loving watch my friends have fights with Ganondorf or go on dates with Chrom forever, but it's the exact same thing every time. The same montage when someone plays matchmaker. The same response when I give them a new room. The same cutscene when they go to make new friends. No one has any personality beyond what the player arbitrarily attributes to them.

This would be fine (certainly not great, but I guess fine) if it were a budget game, but this poo poo costs $35. I had a few good laughs, but it just wasn't enough to justify the price tag, and I say this as someone who bought the game wanting exactly what you did.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Countblanc posted:

It's weird that every character is exactly the same, and reacts in the same way when you give them their favorite food, when you look in their belly ("Pretty Neat, Riiiiight?"), when they get coffee together, and pretty much everything else. I'd loving watch my friends have fights with Ganondorf or go on dates with Chrom forever, but it's the exact same thing every time. The same montage when someone plays matchmaker. The same response when I give them a new room. The same cutscene when they go to make new friends. No one has any personality beyond what the player arbitrarily attributes to them.

Yep--Every single person who has played this game has experienced the same thing I have but with miis with different names. I feel like I'm listening to a script consisting of 10 sentences played over and over.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Apple Jax posted:

Yep--Every single person who has played this game has experienced the same thing I have but with miis with different names. I feel like I'm listening to a script consisting of 10 sentences played over and over.

Yep. Oh well! It was weirdly entertaining while it lasted. If only the demo allowed you to do a few more things we'd know not to bother. I'm gonna dump this on craiglist in about a week and lose a few dollars at most.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, I guess I'm glad I held off, then.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I dunno, it might be because I've got a pretty small island (~10 people right now) and the most that I do is check in two or three times a day, but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what can happen. Mind you, I can see where it could get really repetitive, especially with a larger group of Miis, but so far I'm having a good time with it. :shrug:

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I can understand this game getting a bit too much if you play it for hours a day. I find it fun to just check in and solve a few problems and make a Podrick Payne/Brienne ballad. Or set up Edgar Allan Poe with Beyonce.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
Yeah, I'll have been playing it for about a week tomorrow and I'm still into it. There's only been one baby so far and I wanna see what abominations come from the other married couples.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

King Crab posted:

I can understand this game getting a bit too much if you play it for hours a day. I find it fun to just check in and solve a few problems and make a Podrick Payne/Brienne ballad. Or set up Edgar Allan Poe with Beyonce.

You have a Brienne too? Yessss

Did you find her online or make her yourself? I feel like mine is really bad. :ohdear: I am no Mii artist.

On topic, I'm still entertained by the game. There are still some things that haven't happened for me yet (babies, getting everybody's outfits/songs just right, finding out any 'worst ever' foods at all for anyone) so I still have that incentive to check in on my lunch break and solve some problems in the evening. But then, I'm also a huge Animal Crossing fan, where I've been doing the same things in my town every day for almost a year now. Maybe I just don't get bored easily.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Personally I cannot wait to see Waluigi and Samus' baby, so I'm at least playing until that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ya'll getting bored with the game obviously have not been doing enough rap battles!

That's Carl Sagan delivering a very apropos line. Unfortunately, Reggie beat him.

This one amused me.

So does the little dance the Miis do when their side wins. Miyamoto looks like he's going "Gangnam Style" over there!

Still not as funny as "Cats don't like you."

• Locked thread