Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

mabels big day posted:

I'm not sure how many Miis the game will let you put on the island, but I hope it's more than 30, because that is how many apartment rooms I seem to have right now.

I think I've read that the max is 100, same as the Mii Plaza. The apartments upgrade as you fill them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

Dad Jokes posted:

I watched the Nintendo Direct preview a while ago, but I'm still kind of confused how the gameplay of this is set up. Is there a real-time clock like Animal Crossing, or does everything happen on its own time? Basically, will I be locked out of content due to the time of day or date?
There is a real-time clock. Unlike Animal Crossing, the shops are open all the time. However, there are time-based events in locations like the fountain and park. Miis also start going to sleep around 9 PM, although when exactly they sleep is dependent on the Mii. Not really sure if there are any date-based events like holidays yet.

Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Married life is very weird on a tomodachi island. You spend all day at home, and at night you and your spouse go to your separate apartments to sleep. Your house is also about 1/30th the size of the apartment building.
I thought it was weird that my boyfriend's Mii slept in his apartment but my Mii was sleeping in the house. Then I went to look at her.

It's probably because she sleeps like that.

• Locked thread