Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man that reminds me I'm almost positive some people have already made an entire island full of internet memes and creepy-pasta characters.

Just an apartment full of Slendermen and Drowned Bens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Poisonary posted:

There is a real-time clock. Unlike Animal Crossing, the shops are open all the time. However, there are time-based events in locations like the fountain and park. Miis also start going to sleep around 9 PM, although when exactly they sleep is dependent on the Mii. Not really sure if there are any date-based events like holidays yet.

Just found out there's a really nice little birthday celebration event on your birthday. Now I've got a special one-time only birthday cake food item sitting in my inventory.

Almost all the best 3DS games have birthday celebrations in them it seems.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So someone brought it up before but either how they feel about the kinds of clothing is based on their personality or it's just plain random cuz I've got a Mii with the "Outgoing Entertainer" personality who loved the short-shorts and knotted top I just gave him.

I wonder if the foods they like and dislike work the same way.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is the Nintendo nostalgia room one of the random daily ones for sale or is it one of the ones you need to level a Mii up to get?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rocketlex posted:

I kind of wish you could dye skin tones the same way you can dye hair. Sometimes I want to make characters (fantasy characters in particular) whose skin doesn't really fit any of the Mii skin options.

Speaking of fantasy options, I got a "Meadow" interior inside a Mystery Bag that's pretty much the perfect room for [ERROR]. There's a few backgrounds in the game that I had already come across that seemed to fit nicely with her but this one was like, almost purposely styled to look less-detailed like it came from a N64 title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rocketlex posted:

I'm pretty sure NONE of the couples on my island have compatibility worth a drat. The whole "Boy Charm" and "Girl Charm" doesn't seem to have much of an influence on anything either.

Part of me hopes this game is completely random and it just throws a bunch of nonsense charts at the player to drive the obsessives insane.

They made a bunch of extra music for the game but didn't have any place to put the tracks in, so they came up with all the extraneous ranking board sections.

• Locked thread