Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been playing this on and off all day and I still can't decide if I like it or not. I'm constantly going "man I think I wasted money on this." then something goofy happens or something cracks a smile and I'm (somewhat) back on board.

I just wish there was more... control? Something to do like, animal crossing lets me at least walk around and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man when Mii's get pissed it plays some pretty good music, and not talking about the steam from the head angry, the "I'm on fire" angry.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Uh, started up the game today and there's no new food/clothes/etc

Is there any way to skip the clock ahead because it feels like I got robbed

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

pichupal posted:

I have a Chie and my export was the Jacket and Skirt in Dark Blue. So close...

It could be you played around with the 3DS clock? Changing the time in this game will stop all the shops from restocking for 24 hours apparently (1-2 days according to the manual)

I didn't mess with the clock as far as I know. That's frustrating.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This game found a way to make me feel bad. All of my friends mii's, and all of the random people minus a few have a best friend but no one wants to be a bff with my look a like.

He's a nice guy I swear!

Though I gotta be honest, outside of the strange thing every once in awhile I... don't know why they bothered to bring this game over. It's really not that good. Friend made me describe it and the only thing I could think of was "Imagine if you were playing animal crossing and you lived in a village you had no control over, everyone has the same personality type with a fraction of the lines, and there's almost no customization outside one or two hats you can buy a day"

It's just so absolutely lacking in content that it fails even as a fishbowl thing. Tomadachi Quest was charming but the map never changes (outside the left/right choice), dreams repeat often, everyone has the same animations for everything, and the "jobs/personalities" given don't effect anything.

I want to love the game but it's just so low effort it's unreal. It was a impulse buy for me but I can't see this staying around for very long unlike animal crossing which I still boot up every once in awhile to mess around in.

If they were to put effort into a sequel I'd be interested- Make the Mii's interact with the apartments I buy them, make them more interesting (the modern room's tv is just a static sunset image, have it at least flicker). Give them actual jobs like I can poke my head in on a Mii who's a designer and "Hey check out this shirt I made". Expand Tomadachi Quest or at least randomize it a little more, give things more animations in general (If a Mii is good at cooking they tear up the kitchen, if they're bad the fumble around like idiots), give the Mii's more lines just... god this game is so lazy.

A change in scenery is always nice

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread