Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been enjoying this game over the past few days. Put myself, the Yakumos from Touhou, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina, and the four main characters from Hunter X Hunter in this to start out with, and things have been... Interesting. Ran tried to set my Mii up with Yukari but it didn't result in a relationship, then my Mii asked Ran out but she turned him down. Mario also asked Ran out, and likewise got turned down.

Topic of Mario, he's been especially entertaining. After calling Luigi to the tower roof in disguise and telling his little brother that "the fate of the world rests in your hands, and also in your feet" (which I thought was amazingly perfect) on their first day on the island, he's practically become the villain of my game. He's always saying weird and/or vaguely menacing things, and the deep voice I gave him doesn't help. Giving him a punching bag didn't help either, as I frequently check on him only to find him beating the ever-loving poo poo out of that thing. He also hasn't even met Peach, or any of the other characters from his series, yet.

Meanwhile, while Mario's off being weird, Luigi does ballet (and sports) and pretty much immediately became friends with Daisy (also very sporty), who subsequently got into a relationship with him and, earlier today, asked him to marry her. She moves fast, apparently. Peach meanwhile seems to mostly be befriending the children, while Rosalina until like today or yesterday didn't have any friends at all, and it was the other person who made the move to befriend her anyway. Not sure why, since she has the same personality as my Mii and Ran (Thinker), who are the fourth and second-most popular islanders respectively. The Brainiac character also ended up not having any friends until today, likewise because the other person decided to come see him rather than the reverse. I was half-expecting him to just never meet another islander.

Meanwhile two of the three children I put on the island (Chen and Gon) tend to be the ones doing the news most often for some reason, and Chen in particular is the most popular islander. Everyone loves Chen. I wonder if this is a personality thing or just a coincidence, since they got two of the most extroverted personalities (Trendsetter for Chen and Leader for Gon).

I need to put more characters in this. Thinking of throwing some Final Fantasy characters in, and maybe Lee and Clementine, among others. Also probably Rob Zombie. I've also been taking pictures and am going to try to find a way to get them off my card, so I can share things like Mario declaring that he's, "Good at sports. All sports. Even the dumb ones." (Which is true, I suppose.)

Amarie posted:

My sister and Batman had a baby... yeah...

Batman + Sister = Bug. Sure, makes as much sense as anything else in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread