Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Welcome to....

What the gently caress is Tomodachi Life?

It's Nintendo's uh, "unique" version of the Sims, but it's not really the Sims. How I would describe it would be a Mii Life Simulator. You throw Miis you create or download on an island and have them all live together and watch their wacky and zany lives. You, your friends, celebrities, video game characters, horrifying abominations you threw together in Mii Maker, all inhabiting the same island. You create their voices and personalities too. You can feed them, foster relationships, and even give them hats. If you're still not sure what this game is, you should watch the Tomodachi Life Nintendo Direct

Did I mention it's really weird?

The game is out right now! Anyone who buys the game gets two codes for the "Move-In" version of the game, which is basically just a demo to give to friends. If you have codes to give away, feel free to drop them in the thread.

I bought the game on the eShop, but I don't know where to find the Move-In codes.

You can find the codes on your digital receipt.

mabels big day posted:

To find your digital receipt, go to the eshop menu, and then Settings / Other and go to Account Activity. You should see Tomodachi Life as a recent download and you can view the receipt. The codes will be near the bottom.

Sounds like fun I guess, but where can I get some good Miis?

This site has a pretty good selection of user uploaded Miis. If you want to share your own creations, just save your Mii as a QR Code in Mii Maker, put your SD card in your computer, and find your newly created code in the DCIM subfolder. Anyone can scan this QR code and have that Mii in their game. Post any good Miis you want to share!

Official Website: http://tomodachi.nintendo.com/
Seems like there will be some promotional items and Miis that Nintendo will distribute through Spotpass, so keep an eye out for that. I'll update the OP when the game comes out with any other info that seems important.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've made a few Miis for this game that people may want

One nice thing is you can change hair color and clothing in Tomodachi Life, so you can have a bit more customization with that

Also, from the Mario Kart thread, Hank Hill:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mikeycp posted:

So who all are you all planning on putting in your game?

I'll probably have Iwata, Arino, Reggie, Yamauchi, Shaq, some people I know, and myself.

I'm filling my island with VGCW superstars. Groose and Ganondorf are already friends.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

To find your digital receipt, go to the eshop menu, and then Settings / Other and go to Account Activity. You should see Tomodachi Life as a recent download and you can view the receipt. The codes will be near the bottom.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll give out one of my extra codes for the thread:

poof

Also, I feel like the game knows the character's personalities too well:

My Eggman is described as being a "master of plans" as well.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 6, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not sure how many Miis the game will let you put on the island, but I hope it's more than 30, because that is how many apartment rooms I seem to have right now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Not alot of my Miis are hanging out with eachother or making friends, is this a slow thing, or a way to help them get along?

As far as I can tell, just hang around the apartments until you see someone has a black or orange icon over their heads, and they might talk about making friends with someone. Just do your best to encourage any of those friendships.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I taught Eggman a ballad and put the lyrics to his SA2 theme. I think the songs might be my favorite part of the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

So are y'all playing with dolls in here, or do the dolls just play with themselves while you watch?

A little bit of both

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cooking Mama announced her love for Dan Hibiki, but he shot her down. Also, he is apparently the Hunkiest islander by far according to the rankings board

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I made that Gabe Mii. :D

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Is it just me or are hat pickings embarrassingly slim? Unless you want a straw hat or a flower in your hair, you're out of luck.

There are new hats every day. Just give it a while and you'll have plenty of hats to choose from.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

In case you're curious, beating Tomodachi Quest nets you whatever item the boss was. I've only played it twice, but I imagine it will either be an expensive treasure or a type of food you don't have yet. Pretty worth it, I'd say.

I unlocked the amusement park and cafe and stuff a while ago, is the event for Tomodachi Quest something that just randomly happens or can I trigger it?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Duets are just as wonderful as I hoped they could be! :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyRLj4zBOk

Hahahaha

Ballads are the best to put real lyrics to

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I make all of my Miis.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Does the "child" toggle do anything other than forbid characters from dating? Am I missing hilarious cliche anime highschool shenanigans by only having adults?

A child cannot date an adult, but children can date other children.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

One thing is I wish I could see what hair spray will make my character look like before I apply it. I wasted two dyes getting Lucina's hair color look right

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If you dye a Mii's hair, do not let them bathe, as this washes the dye off.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

George Costanza and Nicki Minaj had a lovely wedding.

Congrats. Dan Hibiki and Faith got married today as well

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The one big thing I would like to see is control over the Mii's jobs. If I could have a dedicated news team that would be great, or have Cooking Mama exclusively work at the food store.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Personally I cannot wait to see Waluigi and Samus' baby, so I'm at least playing until that happens

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I do hope if they make another tomodachi life game they put in more features and content. I have a lot of people on my island, like near 50 at this point and I have a fairly diverse amount of personality types.

What is the fourth Independent type? I have Lone Wolf, Artist, and Thinker.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've got a lot of islanders!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah you have very limited control in the game, it's meant to be a sort of indirect interaction with them. You're supposed to let things happen spontaneously instead of trying to make them happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I found the receipt, but there are no codes. Probably since I bought after the demo went public. Oh well, no real use to them anymore anyhow. Does the apartment building eventually upgrade past 24 people? I mean, I probably won't go much over the 15 I currently have, but some of the previews I saw had huge herds of Miis running around.

Yeah it automatically upgrades as you add more miis

• Locked thread