Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
This game is amazing. Parasol Island is up and running fabulously. I just wish I knew who else to put in my town-- I've already got all the Miis I thought I would want, and it's only seven. :ohdear: I think I'm just going to start making up people.

But after watching my boyfriend's Mii dream about chasing a waffle on a string, I was hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

petewhitley posted:

George Costanza told me he was interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with my wife. I thought, ha ha, sure why not George, proceeded to give him the worst dating advice I could muster. She accepted his proposal.

I reset the game without saving. This is the not the Tomodatchi Life I was looking to lead.

My own Mii keeps trying to set up my boyfriend with Janelle Monae. :smith:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Is there a way to get two Miis to talk to each other? There are a few pairs who the Compatability Machine says would be total BFFs, but I don't think any of them know the other exists. :ohdear:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Adding Hannibal and Will Graham to my game is the best decision I've made in it so far. They have a friendship rating of 100%, the 'Antique' and 'Library' interiors fit them perfectly, and Hannibal just used the frying pan to make "Fisherman's Cinnamon Roll."

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My Mii's latest frying-pan concoction: "Seafood-Stuffed Granola Parfait."

Also, every time I check on my two married Miis' house, one of them is in the shower. I'm not sure what to think about that.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

King Crab posted:

I can understand this game getting a bit too much if you play it for hours a day. I find it fun to just check in and solve a few problems and make a Podrick Payne/Brienne ballad. Or set up Edgar Allan Poe with Beyonce.

You have a Brienne too? Yessss

Did you find her online or make her yourself? I feel like mine is really bad. :ohdear: I am no Mii artist.

On topic, I'm still entertained by the game. There are still some things that haven't happened for me yet (babies, getting everybody's outfits/songs just right, finding out any 'worst ever' foods at all for anyone) so I still have that incentive to check in on my lunch break and solve some problems in the evening. But then, I'm also a huge Animal Crossing fan, where I've been doing the same things in my town every day for almost a year now. Maybe I just don't get bored easily.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Artix posted:

The one thing that annoys the hell out of me so far is that there doesn't seem to be any real way to force things to happen. Just as an example, I have two miis that have a 95% compatibility rating, they went on two dates, the girl asked me why they kept getting set up and I said that they were super compatible, and nothing comes of it. It's like, why can't I at least poke the guy and be like "I'm god around here, you're going on a date with her"?

This is only slightly exacerbated by the game turning around and having two people with a 20% compatibility go on one date and immediately become sweethearts. :psyduck:

Me too! Once I got the compatibility meter, I plugged in my mii and my boyfriend's. We got 95% and I thought "Ha, awesome." And now both our miis are married/sweethearts with much lower-compatibility miis, and barely even notice each other. I wish there was at least a little more control-- it's fun seeing who winds up with whom, but I want to see certain miis maybe interact a little once in a while. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My miis are giving me cold medicine all the time. I have maybe 17 cold medicines, and 6-7 tops of all the other gifts. Once, I cured a mii's cold with it, and in gratitude she gave me... more cold medicine.

Is this happening to anyone else? Just out of curiosity-- I'm wondering if it's that item in particular for some reason, or maybe my island is just really into cold medicine (for health reasons, I'm sure) and someone else has a billion hypnotizers instead?

• Locked thread