Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I want to get this game, but I'm not sure if I want to go digital or physical. I tend to go digital for games I know I'll be coming back to frequently. (Animal Crossing and Pokemon come to mind). Is this the sort of game you play long term, or do you think it's a "play for awhile, see the wacky antics, and you're pretty much done" kind of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

petewhitley posted:

It's the kind of game you play for 15-30 minutes a day for a long while, as a breather between "real games". It's the kind of thing that should almost be a digital exclusive; I wouldn't want to have this on a cart and pop it in-and-out every time I wanted to play Cupid between celebrity Miis. If anyone even begins to wonder whether or not you're gonna get some sort of gaming-value-per-dollar out of this game it's almost certainly not for them.

I still can't figure out where this digital receipt is in order to find my demo codes.

Nah, entertainment-per-dollar value wasn't what I was wondering about. Just if it was more of a pop in frequently kind of game or play it for awhile and you're done kind of thing. If it's more the former, I'll just get it from the eShop. Thanks!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I was surprised by the text-to-voice recognition thinger. Whatever you call it. It's surprisingly good! It actually pronounced my first name right! No one ever pronounces my first name right.

But then it pronounces falcon like "faulkon." What kind of British poo poo is this?

Need to bring in some more wacky Miis. So far it's just me and my husband in there. My Mii likes veggie burgers (I loving love hamburgers, so she'd better!) and is already friends with husband's Mii.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh my god I am dying here!

Just watched the rap battle over at the fountain. It was my Mii against a friend's Mii. Friend's Mii smacks down with "Cats don't like you!"

She lost. I thought it was a sick burn.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

petewhitley posted:

George Costanza told me he was interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with my wife. I thought, ha ha, sure why not George, proceeded to give him the worst dating advice I could muster. She accepted his proposal.

I reset the game without saving. This is the not the Tomodatchi Life I was looking to lead.

My husband's Mii wanted to go out with my Mii right away. I sent him to the beach and told him to be cute and... she rejected him! He was heartbroken and I just reset. :(

Next time I loaded, she wanted to ask him out and it went fine. Guess she just likes to take the initiative.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

You can put Ikea furniture in your Mii's apartments. :laugh: This is the best game.

(The design is called "Scandinavian.")

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

None of my Miis have gotten hitched yet, but that could be because it seems like EVERY male Mii I have insists on crushing on me.

I brought in some more ladies last night (Peach, Zelda, Samus) so maybe it'll get better...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ya'll getting bored with the game obviously have not been doing enough rap battles!

That's Carl Sagan delivering a very apropos line. Unfortunately, Reggie beat him.

This one amused me.

So does the little dance the Miis do when their side wins. Miyamoto looks like he's going "Gangnam Style" over there!

Still not as funny as "Cats don't like you."

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They end when somebody fucks up and can't make a rhyme.

And the loving up lines can be priceless.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

OK, so here's what happens when you let your husband mess around with your game for awhile:

Oh, this should be interesting.

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I just had something happen in this game that I need to share.

I stumbled upon Princess Peach having a dream. I thought I'd see her being dipped in chocolate again or something. I WAS WRONG!

First, she gets a visit from my cat-ninja Mii as a fairy...

Meat and potato stew gives you super powers?

Anime transformation sequence, go!

Coming this Saturday to your local station!

Complete with life lessons for the kids! Thank you, Bolt Peach, I will try to remember that.

And then I got her outfit.

Yep. That sure was a thing that just happened!

• Locked thread