Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Trying to snipe everything in DDRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Dongslayer. posted:

I hear theyre forming a dawnguard

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
beat the main campaign by not killing Parathunax and all the vanilla quests and did the hearthfire DLC

Now I'm doing dawnguard and got the bone horse.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Have u been to solsteheim yet
Also commiserations on having to slog through the lovely dawnguard filler dungeons

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Abandon posted:

Have u been to solsteheim yet
Also commiserations on having to slog through the lovely dawnguard filler dungeons

just beat the dawnguard stuff so yeah I'm on Solsteheim. I'm liking it thus far. But after I'm done with that I'm tempted to start Morrowind but I'm not sure if I'll like it due to all the quality of life stuff made in Oblivion and Skyrim.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just started playing Skyrim for the first time about two months ago. I have done everything except Dawnguard and the Civil War, because the quest giver for every single CW mission never spawns and even when I console command my way to the next mission it bugs out. 10/10 A+ gaming

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JethroMcB posted:

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time about two months ago. I have done everything except Dawnguard and the Civil War, because the quest giver for every single CW mission never spawns and even when I console command my way to the next mission it bugs out. 10/10 A+ gaming

same thing happened to me but it's the Windhelm Blood on the ice quest.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
curved. swords.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the civil war missions are themselves buggy and shitted out anyway
like the part where it's meant to be a sneaking mission where youve got to go infiltrate an imperial fort and bust out some prisoners and take it over from the inside, but as soon as a guard even becomes slightly suspicious (like, if youre half a mile away) you insta fail the sneak part and your guys who are waiting outside just go "plan B storm the gates"

there's the one where you have to capture a cart full of whatever and your crack team comes up with a strategy like "you go lure them out and we'll shoot arrows at them from our hiding spot" and that just doesn't happen, you just like aggro them and then they all hit each other with swords till theyre dead

or there's the battles which are much the same but with magic soldiers appearing and disappearing. maybe you have to walk through part of a city and enter a building

thats the entire civil war
i reckon they wanted to do some massive epic war raging back and forth but it was broken and they scrapped it way too late and slapped together whatever they could before the deadline

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i don't mind that much because large scale battles and tactics and stuff like that is not really relevant to the core elder scrolls experience. i quite like how in elder scrolls online the war stuff is nicely compartmentalised into the pvp server as well

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

just beat the dawnguard stuff so yeah I'm on Solsteheim. I'm liking it thus far. But after I'm done with that I'm tempted to start Morrowind but I'm not sure if I'll like it due to all the quality of life stuff made in Oblivion and Skyrim.

on the other hand, morrowind is a way better game than oblivion or skyrim

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Taint Reaper posted:

same thing happened to me but it's the Windhelm Blood on the ice quest.

Had it happen with Blood on the Ice as well, was able to console my way to a completion.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gobblecoque posted:

on the other hand, morrowind is a way better game than oblivion or skyrim
Just loaded it up where are the quest markers so I can see where on the map are the guys I need to go to.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just loaded it up where are the quest markers so I can see where on the map are the guys I need to go to.

You should just wait for the skyrim mod where they put all the morrowind stuff in game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Such Thing posted:

You should just wait for the skyrim mod where they put all the morrowind stuff in game.

Yeah I'm noticing that the game can't do widescreen and the controls are entirely different.

also did skyrim's music re-use a shitload of stuff from morrowind? There's the general world/town theme which sounds very similar. I've never played an ES game outside of oblivion and a few minutes of Arena.

Dec 26, 2012

it did use at least some soundtrack stuff from morrowind

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

No Such Thing posted:

openMW will be done first

and then you can just play goddamn morrowind with a good framerate instead of a skyrim where everything would have to be butchered in and you wouldn't be able to make spells

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Finishing up DB DLC it's gonna be strange that I will have finally beaten Skyrim and gotten all of the achievements.

I will have conquered one of the many monuments of PC Gaming.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Finishing up DB DLC it's gonna be strange that I will have finally beaten Skyrim and gotten all of the achievements.

I will have conquered one of the many monuments of PC Gaming.

king gently caress of poo poo mountain

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ok got every spell, except I think I might need to head back into Soil Cairn and get a few I missed there(I thought the horse was it) and I have every shout too.

Got the special powers too like the summon Frost Giant spell.

I still need to get married in game, any suggestions for what's the best wife?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the horse

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ok got every spell, except I think I might need to head back into Soil Cairn and get a few I missed there(I thought the horse was it) and I have every shout too.

bersei from riften

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
did u get all the pages of jiub's opus about wiping out the cliff racers

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
if you marry mjoll the lioness you will get that beta orbiter arin following her around

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Abandon posted:

if you marry mjoll the lioness you will get that beta orbiter arin following her around

its p. cool to be all up in his grill and you can pretend ur saying 'i get mjoll every night loser, who do you get cept your hand?!" then go outside enjoy the sun cos you got married in a video game which is nearly real life

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Taint Reaper posted:

kill all the npcs that really like you, including lydia, then get married

all their corpses will show up for the party because bethesda couldn't be assed to check if your friends are alive when they need to show up

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

kill all the npcs that really like you, including lydia, then get married

all their corpses will show up for the party because bethesda couldn't be assed to check if your friends are alive when they need to show up

it's a

nice day for a

red wedding

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Crap one of those stones I dropped that are needed for the trials. Those tiny little green stones and there's only like 5 of them and the guy who sells one doesn't have it available.

So I mistakenly unleashed a barrage in the small room with the stone to kill the dwarf ballista thinking it would be like the 24 Unknown gems and be forever glued to the table until you picked it up, I was wrong it went flying. Not only did it go flying but it soared out of the room, I heard something drop down into the floor below among the rocks.

Contact lens simulator 2014.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hit F9, problem solves itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Finishing up Soul Cairn forgot the minion books and that writer dude quest. Then I need to max out vampirism, then it shall be time for the last quest.

because the digging dude needs some more time to excavate to finish off that quest.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
I couldn't do what youre doing, The Taint Reaper. Goonspeed

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
When I got married in Skyrim the only people who showed up to my wedding were some impoverished old father I sold carrots to and a guy I gave money to once to help me beat stuff up. then I told the wife to move in to my hovel in the middle of an icy shithole and she vanished completely forever

10/10 chillingly accurate representation of marriage

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
did one last sweep through while waiting for dig guy to send me his last message, delivered all books to orc dude, the 4 falmer ones and beat all the ice giants and got to the special areas. Choose Aela as my wife. I also got Frost to complete the horse trifecta with Shadowmere and Avrak.

This is it, this is the last quest. The final two cheeves...

*edit*

All done 75 achievements unlocked yesss...

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 11, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
kill yourself

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
r u bboy360?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
op how many skyrim hours u logged

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Abandon posted:

op how many skyrim hours u logged

140 hours but I left it idling a bunch so idk.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Top cheeving

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone ever do the 150 or whatever radiant missions to get all the thieves guild rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crimson Harvest posted:

Anyone ever do the 150 or whatever radiant missions to get all the thieves guild rewards?

Yes. They take like 2 minutes because you just quick travel everywhere. Have them match the same city and it cuts down on travel.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread