Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The new season doesn't look too bad if you know what to avoid, with some clear standouts and maybes in there. Problem is, with all the other stuff I'll still be watching(Jojo, Mushishi, Ping Pong, Dandy), I'm unsure how much time I can fit too much other stuff in. Terror's staff keeping the scriptwriter quiet is mystifying, but if the heavier, terrorism inspired tone from Knockin on Heaven's Door is any indication, the show will probably be pretty slick atmosphere-wise, at least. Watanabe gets more mileage out of stories about crazy, irresponsible adults than ones about sullen teenagers, but if Keiko Nobumoto turns out to be involved in some way, it's on.

Barakamon and Aldnoah Zero are maybes, though I don't honestly know what to think about the Sailor Moon remake. Checked out a couple volumes of Akame ga Kill, and it seemed like typical generic try too hard shonen crap. Nozaki-kun looks wonderful, but I think I'm just gonna read it.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Thoughts about anime:

Akame ga Kill: The quality will depend entirely on fight budget. There's some potential good fights her but the show itself is gonna be ultra dumb no matter what.
Aldnoah.Zero: I'm like 99% sure this is gonna be Gargantia 2.0, will watch anyway.
Dramatical Murder: Ahahahahahahaha yeah ok.
Free! 2: Free! kinda wore out its welcome halfway through season 1 so I'm not really interested in a season 2...
Fate/Lolicon part 2: Nope.
Kantai Collection: I still don't get Kantais. At least Touhou is fun, but this just looks like a really dull F2P game?
Persona 4 anime 2: Why? I'll probably watch an episode or two but I can't see myself sticking with it.
Space Dandy 2: I still need to watch the second half of season 1 because I am a bad person, but I will be watching this.'
Zankyou no Terror: I don't know what to make of it but it's an action-y looking thing directed by Watanabe with music by Yoko Kanno so it'll probably be good.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Happiness Charge Precure is continuing and true to predictions, despite Zorak poo-pooing the very idea in the previous thread's OP it does share a lot of similarities with fan favorite HeartCatch. (The go-to season to recommend people start watching) It's been pretty great overall, but there animation quality is still on the same downward slope that it has been since the end of Smile. (Two seasons ago) And the thread continues to get posts.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is continuing as well, so I'm still on board with that. A lot of really great stuff is coming up that I'm excited to see animated.

Ressha Sentai ToQger and Kamen Rider Gaim are both also continuing. Both have been rather average, with both good and bad things. Nothing exceptional on either side so far.

Other than that, nothing really looks that great. Even Sailor Moon, which is the only thing that looks like I'll be actively checking out has kind of been less exciting now that the first clips of actual animation have been shown.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Pretty sparse season. I'll watch that Adventure Time episode, Hanamonogatari (one day Kizumonogatari will come out...), Tokyo Terrorist. Probably check out Urobuchi's show and maybe another one depending on initial reactions. Other than that its waiting for UFO Table to own fall with FSN.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

This can't be a real anime season, there's no anime with "My Sister" in the title.

Maybe Japan needed a cooldown period.

The incest fad was bound to end sooner or later. I wonder what new terrible fad will replace it...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
NTR, probably.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Squidster posted:

I'm definitely watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun for the best character in modern manga. I hadn't even realized it was getting an anime!

This is definitely making me want to watch it, too.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

The incest fad was bound to end sooner or later. I wonder what new terrible fad will replace it...

We've got a new series of Free! and two BL titles this season. I think we've found our answer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

But that's an awesome fad.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The author of Another has tweeted saying that he's planning to put out a sequel or two in the near future. How did the first season do, what are the odds this will get picked up?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

What if the middle / high school fad was replaced with a stream of anime set in college or later

:spooky:

Also I'm going to update the OP with corrections / clarifications for the stuff I wasn't able to find any credible stuff on, thanks y'all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Coaaab posted:

NTR, probably.

I don't think most of the Japanese otaku are that masochistic... at least that's what I'm hoping.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sadly, that one's taking a break until fall.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Silver2195 posted:

I wonder what new terrible fad will replace it...

I've got money riding on monstergirls.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

Sadly, that one's taking a break until fall.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ping Pong is only 12 episodes. It's based on a really short manga, and they've already added a fair number of anime-original content.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Silver2195 posted:

Yyyyyyeah I can probably tell you which weirdass fad will blow up next. Here's a hint: from what I've seen of otaku culture recently, Himegoto is in no way a trendsetter. :stonk:

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Bakanogami posted:

The author of Another has tweeted saying that he's planning to put out a sequel or two in the near future. How did the first season do, what are the odds this will get picked up?

From what I recall not well and not likely, respectively.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Xythar posted:

From what I recall not well and not likely, respectively.

Another was bearable until the final two episodes, which I remember disliking. I don't even know where a sequel would go.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pollyanna posted:

Yyyyyyeah I can probably tell you which weirdass fad will blow up next. Here's a hint: from what I've seen of otaku culture recently, Himegoto is in no way a trendsetter. :stonk:

Finally I can indulge in my secret love of anime guys dressed up as girls, what a time to be alive

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Redcrimson posted:

I eagerly await a Cantaur's Worries anime adaptation (because of the batshit crazy world they live in). MonMusu wouldn't be bad either.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I eagerly await a Cantaur's Worries anime adaptation (because of the batshit crazy world they live in). MonMusu wouldn't be bad either.

Centaur's Worries anime would be the poo poo. The fact that it explores social issues as well as it does it a plus too.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Pollyanna posted:

Eh, there's a couple I'd be totally fine with. AKB49 or Usotsuki Lily wouldn't be bad, I think.

But knowing how these things usually turn out we'd probably just get adaptations from the pages of Waal! forever.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Redcrimson posted:

Hyper Police reboot? Oh God, I hope so.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Sengoku Basara is literally the only new show I'm even slightly interested in. What's with the lack of giant robots? I didn't see even one new Giant Robot anime.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ninjewtsu posted:

Sengoku Basara is literally the only new show I'm even slightly interested in. What's with the lack of giant robots? I didn't see even one new Giant Robot anime.

Well, there's Aldnoah.Zero, and I think one or two others?

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 6, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Even if there were no giant robot shows this season, just... go catch up on the backlog, there were like six of them back in winter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Centaur's Worries anime would be the poo poo. The fact that it explores social issues as well as it does it a plus too.

Well it explores social issues in a world that would make a Red Pill's brain melt and boil out of their skulls. It's ridiculous to the point of satire.

uuuummm
Apr 13, 2014
All I know is that I'm watching Sailor Moon so I can finally be a real girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am all for more anime shows about guys dressed as girls as long as they're over the age on consent and not someone's brothersister.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe not for summer, but I could see Chuunibyou taking off. We already know Trigger has one planned and who knows how many others will spring up in response to Love Chuunibyou and Other Delusions season 2?

As far as my anime choices go, I'll probably be sticking around for Persona 4, might get into Sailor Moon, and then discover something entirely new that happens to have updated on crunchyroll the same day I am watching something else.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I am all for more anime shows about guys dressed as girls as long as they're over the age on consent and not someone's brothersister.

What about if they're in an all-girl's school and all their classmates are totally in love with them?

I would say monstergirls are slightly preferable, but then I remember how much more popular garbage like Monmosu is than CW, which at least has some redeeming qualities in between unsavory stuff, and I realize it would end up just as bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Insurrectionist posted:

What about if they're in an all-girl's school and all their classmates are totally in love with them?

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4003

Seen it.

Also remembered that that accurately describes at least one other show.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 6, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Fine then, how about a show where a dude dresses up as a chick to play in an all-girl punk rock band and tour Japan? Can't complain about that, right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ya'll should watch Montly-Girl Nozaki if only to find out, no really, what happened?

Basically the only thing I'm gonna bother watching this season.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

S-Alpha posted:

Fine then, how about a show where a dude dresses up as a chick to play in an all-girl punk rock band and tour Japan? Can't complain about that, right?
That would be great. Even the two I have read with pop bands and that plot were pretty nice. Actually even that dozen or so of that plot with idol groups were generally at least a bit funnier then normal idol series.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

tonberrytoby posted:

That would be great. Even the two I have read with pop bands and that plot were pretty nice. Actually even that dozen or so of that plot with idol groups were generally at least a bit funnier then normal idol series.

Well too bad, because that's already been done too. (I'd eat up an anime version of Kira Kira, especially the swearing scenes.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Majestic Prince is apparently getting a dub:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-06/sentai-filmworks-announces-full-majestic-prince-dub-cast/.75254

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

S-Alpha posted:

I'd watch a Kira Kira anime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

Ya'll should watch Montly-Girl Nozaki if only to find out, no really, what happened?

Basically the only thing I'm gonna bother watching this season.

I cannot wait for the episode covering the chapter when the male cast plays an otome game. Monthly-Girl Nozaki owns and if you're not excited for it you're dumb! It is easily as good as My Neighbor Seki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

It is easily as good as My Neighbor Seki.

This is impossible.

• Locked thread