Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I just finished both seasons this past week. I give it like a 10/10 in pure entertainment value, but a 6/10 in terms of legit quality writing. Character relationships and alignments swung pretty wildly within seasons for no apparent reasons. Vee's presence seemed to ignore a lot of character development for the black girls, which sucked because they had become some of my favorite characters by the end of season 1.

I'll echo the anti Piper and friends sentiment. I was actually OK with Jason Bigg's Larry until midway through Season 1. Their first phonecall after her SHU release was almost unbelievably callous and self-centered, even despite what the counselor told him. It was just downhill from there. That plotline's climax (or whatever you want to consider it) of Larry and Polly asking for Piper's confession was awkward and almost enough to make me actually feel bad for Piper. Almost.

Major props to the makeup crew of the show. On the whole, they do a great job with the flashbacks making actor's look much younger. The one miss was probably Claudette's scene where she meets her friend's fiance. It looked like he aged about 20 years as she aged about 40. I wasn't even certain if they were supposed to be the same characters as her childhood flashback for a second.

In conclusion Jason Biggs has one of the most punchable faces in cinematic history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread