Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Meeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'mma come up with a game plan for this. My NFL draft had Al Bundy and crew with the other being Cam Newton and Iron Man and Flash Gordon and Terminator talking on Cuthulu. This is gonna be radder.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man there are so many ways to do this I don't know how to approach this draft.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Arkane posted:

Started off as a trainwreck, but we're in good shape here.

Just need a couple more sign-ups and we can get this show on the road.

I'll sin up twice if you need it. I can two fist this thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I agree, I'm writing something up right now. Just got home from movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With the first pick of the Movie Character Draft - The Celestial pick...

Financier: Tony Stark, Iron Man

The mastermind and architect of the Avengers, the futurist, philanthropist and technocrat, the man who pushes his world forward, Tony Stark is the cornerstone to Team Celestial. He has the resources, the vision, the connections, the capacity to bring this team together. He is no slouch in the field either as Iron Man possessing the heart of a hero. He is man at his peak and can stand amongst Gods and outwit them too.

"Mr. Stark! April O'Neil, reporter for News Channel 6. What is your reaction to being drafted first pick by the Celestial?!"

EDIT: Messaged Sex Haver 40000

Gatts fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 7, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Come on peeps, effort post this bitch. Write it up, have a plan, be into it or my team is gonna wreck yours.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
He said no. Has to be person.

That being said...

Oh that's a good pick, Cotton. JoeRules Production gets a 5 tool potential MVP in Spadowski. When he was needed he was there to pick up the slack and carried UHF on his back. He is a genuine good guy with heart and was in demand. A real game changer with unlimited energy.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 7, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

jimcunningham posted:

I think 8 hrs is too long. This will take a week.

That's fine for me. I got stuff to be busy about and work so time afforded is nice.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

jimcunningham posted:

With the 9th pick in the 1st round, Team jimcunningham selects...

Thelma & Louise

Whoa! Two characters at once! Surely this is cheating! Let me check the rulebooks. Nope.

These two movie mavens went from small town women to fearless badasses who always had eachother's backs.

Edit: why is bbcode not working on image?

You forgot the //

It would be helpful to get an updated draft order btw.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who the hell is next for draft? COME ON SON! GET THIS TRAIN GOING!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man, 8 slots are not enough for what I'm doing. :( This is fun though. I kinda regret my first pick in light of what I'm doing but this should still work. It sucks leaving out awesome characters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vargo posted:

I JUST came up with my theme, and Robby does not fit at all. So it's gonna be "Everyone in this theme plus Robbie"

Yeah. I'm modifying the story of my draft too. Hopefully we didn't come up with the same idea. :doom:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wait till my team is done. Which at this rate I'll be 90.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Heading home from work. Will write up in a bit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cotton: Well, a lot of fantastic players were taken off the board thus far in the first two rounds and as we bring it to a close, the Celestial get the next two picks. Thought's Pepper?

Pepper: "There is still a lot of talent that is bubbling like a souffle, Cotton, a lot of strategy to consider. Like what Arnold Schwarzenegger character to pick, from John Matrix to Dennis Quaid to Twins to Junior. And here comes the pick."

With the last pick of the 2nd round, team Celestial pick...

Cotton: "WHOA, FAORA! That's a surprise! I don't see how they can control a woman like that."

Pepper: "Let's go to the tape and see her talent...I hope it's goooooood....and our tape department is dead. She's super strong, super fast, super fascist, with an edge and can play like the others can't."

Cotton: "The next pick is in and I hope it's a better choice because I don't see how Tony Stark and the Celestials can keep her in check."

Pepper: "Any words, Faora?"

With the first pick of the third round, team Celestial picks...

Galadriel

Pepper: "What a move, Cotton! With Kryptonians weak to magic and someone like Galadriel, team Celestial have secured power, wisdom, magic and technology! Galadriel is wise from ancient time, possesses mental and magic powers and is immortal."

Cotton: "Amazing. Simply amazing. Let's see how this team fills out."

EDIT: Messaging next person.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 10, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

penismightier posted:

The loving horrible lame kung fu lady from Superman? Aiight.

For what I'm doing, yeah it works. Other picks I was thinking of writing up were...

Hancock - Mary Embry - Superman - Supergirl instead of Faora

and

God: Morgan Freeman - God: Jim Carrey - Godzilla - Satan: Liz Hurley - Satan: Peter Stomaire - Maleficent instead of Galadriel

Might have been more interesting to do some other combination like Mary Embry and Maleficent or Satan: Liz Hurley.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vargo posted:

I'll post my next pick later tonight, but here's a hint: You're hosed.

Whatever pick you have next I bet I've got something weirder and out of left field. WAAAAYYYY the box out over there.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Draft you fools! Draft! What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of stolen draft picks!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm totally interested and put some effort into it but gotta wait my turn

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DDDDDDRRRRRAAAAFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
No more interest? Can I just...like...post my team then?

• Locked thread