Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Put me in coach! Put me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This draft is a very significant undertaking, and I feel that it's important to ensure I don't get carried away. There's a tendency for one's reach to exceed their grasp, and I don't want to end up in an apocalyptic scenario because I tried to go too far. So, for the 12th Draft Pick of Round 1, I'm choosing...

Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park (1993), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)

I think in circumstances like these the voice of dissent Dr. Malcolm brings will be perfect to keep potentially risky impulses in check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLvdmifDSk

Additionally, he has a certain charm to him that is simply irresistible.

And beyond all that, he's just a fun guy to be around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxgAmdPQWg

I have high hopes for this team, and it all starts with Ian.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Belated Round 2 pick:

So, now that I have my voice of reason, I need someone who can go totally out there with his ideas. A real forward thinker, with some incredible initiative and vision. Enter my Round 2 pick...

Dr. Seth Brundle, The Fly (1986)

Dr. Brundle brings to this team a drive to go past what is accepted into realms of human advancement that can only be dreamed of. While his work is currently focused on teleporters, I think that his powerful intellect will be able to conquer any goal placed in front of it.

Of course, as many of you know, he has gone through some difficulties in the past. I can understand why that might give others pause, but what stands out to me is that, even in those trying times, Seth managed to keep a positive attitude.

As well, similar to Dr. Malcolm, Dr. Brundle also has an irresistible charm to him.

With Dr. Brundle's scientific prowess, and Dr. Malcolm's tempering hand, there is amazing potential at hand here, not only in perfecting Dr. Brundle's teleportation devices, but in every field.

I can imagine many will call this a shortsighted choice, and consider me a fool for making it. I have only one thing to say in response to those comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9VKAkROKhI

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

jimcunningham posted:

OMG are you going full Goldblum?

Hey I'm just drafting what I think are the best picks. If a bunch of them happen to be played by Jeff Goldblum, that's just the way it goes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

penismightier posted:

I got no PM.

I pickkkkk Godzilla's big dumbass son Minya:

But only the American version where he has a Mr. Magoo voice.

gently caress.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah TrixRabbi is my designated drafter while I'm gone. To take some early pressure off him though, my first pick of the two I have right now is:

Alistair Hennessey, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)

Well we're going to need funding from somewhere, and this guy's rich and loves discovery. It's pretty simple.

• Locked thread