Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Jimmy Carter put solar panels on the White House to promote alternative energy and one Reagan's first actions as president was to take them down because he didn't understand how they worked.

i think the reason given was that they cost more money to maintain than they saved but the point is while they were symbolic of being pro-renewable energy under carter, removing them was symbolic of cutting unnecessary waste under reagan. with that said, reagan's corpse can lick my cummy rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

regan increased the deficit and wasteful spending more than any president before him lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah well bush was a Fiscal Conservative too and managed to start two wars and basically do the opposite of the republican platform pissing away trillions

what i'm trying to say is... politicians lie.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCyVfBiwpE

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

THS posted:

i think the reason given was that they cost more money to maintain than they saved but the point is while they were symbolic of being pro-renewable energy under carter, removing them was symbolic of cutting unnecessary waste under reagan. with that said, reagan's corpse can lick my cummy rear end in a top hat

Anything pro-renewable energy was considered unnecessary waste under Reagan though. I mean why plan ahead for the future at all?

Ronald Reagan posted:

"For the first time ever, everything is in place for the Battle of Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ." - to James Mills in 1971

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Reagan was far from the worst president we've had and also did some good things

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
He was great in Point Break.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it's fun to watch people denounce Reagan because they'll also cling desperately to any sort of mental gymnastics to prop up someone like Stalin who was a far worse leader.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it's green to save your sickest burns for the dead

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's fun to watch people denounce Reagan because they'll also cling desperately to any sort of mental gymnastics to prop up someone like Stalin who was a far worse leader.

Yeah Stalin was a pretty cool bro, good point.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

The Taint Reaper posted:

reagan bad stalin good

THIS IS WHAT LIBERALS ACTUALLY THINK

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
remember when john wayne sent him a letter and was all "god drat it stop making poo poo up about the panama canal!" lol

quote:

''Now I have taken your letter, and I'll show you point by goddamn point in the treaty where you are misinforming people,'' Mr. Wayne told Mr. Reagan. ''If you continue these erroneous remarks, someone will publicize your letter to prove that you are not as thorough in your reviewing of this treaty as you say or are damned obtuse when it comes to reading the English language.''

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Reagan tripled the debt and was very anti-union and a lot of good people lost their jobs because of him.

But we should name something in every state after him because reasons!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
John Wayne was a fag.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously tho, plz sum1 link ppl talking poo poo about Reagan & praising Stalin cuz it sounds hilarious.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

good things reagan did

-all that nuclear disarmament after almost starting WW3 with those military exercises

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Notice how since Reagan died the Russkies have been getting more bold?
Once Thatcher died as well they knew they could restore their evil empire.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
this thread blew up like so many countries during the regan years

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Or denounce Reagan over interventionist foreign policy moves and the resulting deaths while ignoring that little skirmish Kennedy/LBJ started in Vietnam.

I wonder if Reagan and George W. Bush combined could be blamed for even 1/4 the number of deaths as Kennedy/LBJ.

The Saint Reagan myth is stupid redneck bull poo poo, but not nearly as stupid as thinking he's a worse President than guys responsible for more death and destruction abroad and less improvement for the plight of the working poor at home just because he had an (R) behind his name and they had (D)s.

He just a guy, better than some, worse than others. People who think he belongs on Rushmore or belongs in hell are idiots.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Stalin killed a lot more communists than Reagan. I mean Iran-Contra only killed like two hundred thousand people or so.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ballin rear end honkey gave Mobutu the gnarled wizard key to my heart

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chris Christie posted:

He just a guy, better than some, worse than others. People who think he belongs on Rushmore or belongs in hell are idiots.

all united states presidents belong in hell

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Seriously tho, plz sum1 link ppl talking poo poo about Reagan & praising Stalin cuz it sounds hilarious.

i forgot the forum id for LF but if you can find it the irony ran out there in the last year of its life or so

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
the gipper

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't forget that nancy Reagan created the myth of the welfare queen that people STILL froth at the mouth about

GG nancy

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also literally set the insane free to roam the streets LOL

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

THS posted:

tru

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

THS posted:

what did harrison do in his 32 days

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it was cool when he was like "get off my plane" so yea hes the exception

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

The Droid posted:

what did harrison do in his 32 days

idk but before he was president he killed a bunch of natives and poo poo

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

THS posted:

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

30 of ronald reagan's most YOLO moments

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Reagan was a filthy oval office and so can you

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Reagan was a jew-enabler but he also brutally insanely owned tons of niggers with crack, AIDS and secret CIA operations

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If time machines existed, Reagan would be dead for forty years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Roy Rogers should have been president instead...end hunger, free real roast beef sandwiches for everyone!

:911: :horse: :burger:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 5, 2014

• Locked thread