Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

lol @ Mittens in the back

edit: I'm retarded

Nixon probably has a loving 9mm in his pocket and hes gonna shoot all those fuckers and bust outta there

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Alberto Basalm posted:

Nixon probably has a loving 9mm in his pocket and hes gonna shoot all those fuckers and bust outta there

haha, nixon actually doing something overt. haha.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dear diary,

well it was yet another humiliating day for yours truly, dick nixon.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

haha, nixon actually doing something overt. haha.

good point. he probably actually would lose the pool game and go cry alone in his bed

off topic:

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I don't think Liz has the Queen mum's longevity genes - she looked nowhere near that frail at that age.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Flesh Forge posted:

shitnaut is a pretty cool words

Reagan and the Shitnauts

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
Nothing to see here.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

That's what I imagine the Republican room at the Bilderberg meetings looks like. They just got to thaw out the old-timers Morgan Everett style.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Disconnecticus posted:

I don't think Liz has the Queen mum's longevity genes - she looked nowhere near that frail at that age.

I just like Putin off to the side not giving a gently caress about manners/courtesy

fake edit:i typed out lenin instead of putin at first

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Alberto Basalm posted:

I just like Putin off to the side not giving a gently caress about manners/courtesy

fake edit:i typed out lenin instead of putin at first

putin is a weird creep. dude brought his dog to a meeting with angela merkel. she's terrified of dogs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like i dont want to say for sure he has a beria-style sex dungeon but hes probably flirted with the idea of having one installed yknow

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

I wonder what he's into? probably some weird ultra narcissistic stuff that involves self flagellation in front of a mirror idk

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
getting whipped and called a lisping fairy by a dom chechen woman

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I imagine his hottest current fantasy involves the Pussy Riot girls taking turns pegging his rear end.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gazpacho posted:

i don't see anything objectionable about this at the federal level, the grants in part B were still marked for mental health programs, but not for the inpatient system had been way overbuilt against its future demands

except in the real world what happens when you block grant federal funding is it gets reappropriated by states for other things, as was the case with mental health

that's the whole point- to kill the program

the idea that community treatment would be a panacea was naive at best. even the people who first advocated deinstitutionalization not three years into reagan's first term said it was a huge mistake:

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/science/how-release-of-mental-patients-began.html

quote:

Dr. Robert H. Felix, who was then director of the National Institute of Mental Health and a major figure in the shift to community centers, says now on reflection: ''Many of those patients who left the state hospitals never should have done so. We psychiatrists saw too much of the old snake pit, saw too many people who shouldn't have been there and we overreacted. The result is not what we intended, and perhaps we didn't ask the questions that should have been asked when developing a new concept, but psychiatrists are human, too, and we tried our damnedest.''

Dr. John A. Talbott, president of the American Psychiatric Association, said, ''The psychiatrists involved in the policy making at that time certainly oversold community treatment, and our credibility today is probably damaged because of it.'' He said the policies ''were based partly on wishful thinking, partly on the enormousness of the problem and the lack of a silver bullet to resolve it, then as now.''

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 6, 2014

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

reptiles of a scale slither together...:smug: Sure Putin's an a-hole but he's not one of them

:tinfoil:

putin is a weird creep. dude brought his dog to a meeting with angela merkel. she's terrified of dogs.

that owns.

just like the snakes in my backyard :cthulhu: :woof:

redshirt posted:

I was a Reagan Youth AMA.

Bush the First had way better youth propaganda than the gipper

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzKx92QD8Hk

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_a2t0ZfTs

no question.

edit for Reagan funny stuff pro-click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEJ8gm8aL4 :ducksiren:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 7, 2014

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I don't think you should cuck a president but if I could cuck any president I would cuck JFK because his wife was super hot and I don't think he'd be that mad about it.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't think you should cuck a president but if I could cuck any president I would cuck JFK because his wife was super hot and I don't think he'd be that mad about it.

He'd probably invite Robert to watch as well, and they could give each other totally straight handjobs.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Modern Day Hercules posted:

well jackie sort did posthumously

she was powerless to resist once she got a taste of his tzatziki sauce. but JFK did cuck her bigtime with Marilyn Monroe while she was with child...so I get it. it's not like she was going to try to get a job as a secretary and try to raise children alone on a single mother's salary after Camelot.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 7, 2014

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone up for photoshopping JFK's despairing ghost into one of those photos so I don't have to do it myself?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A great book came out in 1989 when I was in college called "The Clothes Have No Emperor" by Paul Slansky. It's a chronology of all the worst poo poo about the 1980s. I think it's out of print, but its loving awesome. Here are some Reagan entries:

1/20/1981

President Reagan visits Tip O'Neill's office, where the House Speaker shows him a desk that was used by Grover Cleveland. Reagan claims to have portrayed him in a movie. O'Neill points out that Reagan in fact played Grover Cleveland Alexander, the baseball player, not Grover Cleveland, the president.

6/12/1981

President Reagan fails to recognize his only black cabinet member, Housing Secretary Samuel Pierce, at a White House reception for big-city mayors. "How are you, Mr. Mayor?" he greets him. "I'm glad to meet you. How are things in your city?"

8/13/1981

President Reagan takes time out from a 28-day California vacation to sign the largest budget and tax cuts in history into law. When his dog wanders by, a reporter asks its name.

"Lassie," the President replies, then corrects himself. "Millie!" he says. "Millie. Millie's her name."

9/23/1981

President Reagan plays host to Sugar Ray Leonard and his wife. "We're very proud," says the President, "to have Sugar Ray and Mrs. Ray here."

5/21/1982

Discussing Soviet weaponry at a National Security Meeting, President Reagan asks CIA deputy director Bobby Inman, "Isn't the SS-19 their biggest missile?"

No, says Inman, "that's the SS-18'l

"So," says the President, "they've even switched the numbers on their missiles in order to confuse us!"

Inman explains that the numbers are assigned by US intelligence.

10/19/1982

During a White House meeting with Arab leaders, President Reagan turns to the Lebanese foreign minister. "You know," he says, "your nose looks just like Danny Thomas's." The Arabs exchange nervous glances.

1/30/1983

Congratulating Redskins coach Joe Gibbs in the inevitable post-Super Bowl phone call, President Reagan pays special tribute to MVP John Riggins. "Would he mind," asks the President, "if I changed my spelling so it had an 'i" and a couple 'g's in it?" In fact, the President does not change his name.

1/22/1984

"You've given me some problems. I have already had a call from Moscow. They think that Marcus Allen is a new secret weapon and they insist we dismantle him."

- President Reagan injecting inane Soviet-bashing into his inevitable post-Super Bowl cal congratulating Raiders coach Tom Flores

2/2/1984

"If you could add together the power of prayer of the people in just in this room, what would be its megatonnage?"

-President Reagan posing an unanswerable question at a national prayer breakfast

4/10/1984

"Thanks as well to Secretary of Agriculture John Black for his fine leadership."

- President Reagan expressing gratitude to John Block as he signs a farm bill

10/3/1984

President Reagan takes part in a dress rehearsal for Sunday's debate, with David Stockman playing the part of a very aggressive Walter Mondale - so aggressive that he provokes Reagan into shouting, "Shut up!" Afterward, the President tells him, "You better send me some flowers, because you've been nasty to me."

10/15/1984

"What am I supposed to order?"

-President Reagan to an aide at a McDonald's campaign stop in Tuscaloosa

10/25/1984

"I read every comic strip in the paper"

- President Reagan, who had no time to read the five-and-a-half page report on the latest Beirut bombing

1/7/1985

Announcing, "I found you someone your own age to play with," Michael Deaver informs President Reagan that White House chief of staff James Baker and Treasury Secretary Donald Regan have decided to swap jobs. The President nods amiably.

11/9/1985

Toasting Princess Diana on her first visit to the United States, President Reagan refers to her as "Princess David."

11/26/1985

President Reagan tells reporters that his 688-acre ranch - to which the rambunctious Lucky is being exiled - is "dog heaven." When reporters attempt to shift the topic to an upcoming tax bill, the President says, "I'm concentrating on dog heaven."

Upon landing in California, Lucky bids the public farewell by taking a dump on the tarmac.

10/22/1986

"I was in such a hurry, I wrote my last name first."

- President Reagan after signing his tax reform bill "Reagan Ronald"

11/18/1986

Discussing President Reagan's upcoming press conference, Larry Speakes tells reporters, "We can guess 99 out of 100 times the questions that you guys pose."

"Yeah," says Sam Donaldson, "but you can never guess what he's gonna answer."

12/9/1986

Reporters ask President Reagan if he's watching the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearings. "Oh, now and then when I can't find a ball game," he quips, leaving them to wonder what kind of ball game he expects to find early on a weekday morning in mid-December

2/12/1987

President Reagan tells a group of junior high students about how Rex barks in front of Lincoln's bedroom and won't go in, which makes the President think Lincoln's ghost is there. "Well." He says, "I guess that's enough of a history lesson here for today."

6/16/1987

"I can't wait to use it!"

- President Reagan holding up a very big pen with the word "VETO" on it

7/8/1987

President Reagan is unable to watch Oliver North's testimony because he is busy holding up a very big saw with the words "BUDGET CUTTER" on it.

7/27/1987

"I reject a potted plant Presidency. I'm here to do a job."

- President Reagan picking up his newest prop, an oversized pair of scissors, and cutting a big credit card labelled "CONGRESSIONAL EXCESS"

7/28/1987

A careless speech writer includes the word "paradigm" in President Reagan's speech on superconductivity. Yes, he pronounces it "paradijum."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a lot funnier if you think Reagan was baked 24/7 instead of just loosing his mind

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Withdrawal Plans posted:

A great book came out in 1989 when I was in college called "The Clothes Have No Emperor" by Paul Slansky. It's a chronology of all the worst poo poo about the 1980s. I think it's out of print, but its loving awesome. Here are some Reagan entries:

1/20/1981

President Reagan visits Tip O'Neill's office, where the House Speaker shows him a desk that was used by Grover Cleveland. Reagan claims to have portrayed him in a movie. O'Neill points out that Reagan in fact played Grover Cleveland Alexander, the baseball player, not Grover Cleveland, the president.

6/12/1981

President Reagan fails to recognize his only black cabinet member, Housing Secretary Samuel Pierce, at a White House reception for big-city mayors. "How are you, Mr. Mayor?" he greets him. "I'm glad to meet you. How are things in your city?"

8/13/1981

President Reagan takes time out from a 28-day California vacation to sign the largest budget and tax cuts in history into law. When his dog wanders by, a reporter asks its name.

"Lassie," the President replies, then corrects himself. "Millie!" he says. "Millie. Millie's her name."

9/23/1981

President Reagan plays host to Sugar Ray Leonard and his wife. "We're very proud," says the President, "to have Sugar Ray and Mrs. Ray here."

5/21/1982

Discussing Soviet weaponry at a National Security Meeting, President Reagan asks CIA deputy director Bobby Inman, "Isn't the SS-19 their biggest missile?"

"So," says the President, "they've even switched the numbers on their missiles in order to confuse us!"

10/19/1982

During a White House meeting with Arab leaders, President Reagan turns to the Lebanese foreign minister. "You know," he says, "your nose looks just like Danny Thomas's." The Arabs exchange nervous glances.

1/30/1983

Congratulating Redskins coach Joe Gibbs in the inevitable post-Super Bowl phone call, President Reagan pays special tribute to MVP John Riggins. "Would he mind," asks the President, "if I changed my spelling so it had an 'i" and a couple 'g's in it?" In fact, the President does not change his name.

1/22/1984

"You've given me some problems. I have already had a call from Moscow. They think that Marcus Allen is a new secret weapon and they insist we dismantle him."

- President Reagan injecting inane Soviet-bashing into his inevitable post-Super Bowl cal congratulating Raiders coach Tom Flores

2/2/1984

"If you could add together the power of prayer of the people in just in this room, what would be its megatonnage?"

-President Reagan posing an unanswerable question at a national prayer breakfast

4/10/1984

"Thanks as well to Secretary of Agriculture John Black for his fine leadership."

10/3/1984

President Reagan takes part in a dress rehearsal for Sunday's debate, with David Stockman playing the part of a very aggressive Walter Mondale - so aggressive that he provokes Reagan into shouting, "Shut up!" Afterward, the President tells him, "You better send me some flowers, because you've been nasty to me."

10/15/1984

10/25/1984

- President Reagan, who had no time to read the five-and-a-half page report on the latest Beirut bombing

1/7/1985

Announcing, "I found you someone your own age to play with," Michael Deaver informs President Reagan that White House chief of staff James Baker and Treasury Secretary Donald Regan have decided to swap jobs. The President nods amiably.

11/9/1985

Toasting Princess Diana on her first visit to the United States, President Reagan refers to her as "Princess David."

11/26/1985

President Reagan tells reporters that his 688-acre ranch - to which the rambunctious Lucky is being exiled - is "dog heaven." When reporters attempt to shift the topic to an upcoming tax bill, the President says, "I'm concentrating on dog heaven."

Upon landing in California, Lucky bids the public farewell by taking a dump on the tarmac.

10/22/1986

11/18/1986

Discussing President Reagan's upcoming press conference, Larry Speakes tells reporters, "We can guess 99 out of 100 times the questions that you guys pose."

12/9/1986

Reporters ask President Reagan if he's watching the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearings. "Oh, now and then when I can't find a ball game," he quips, leaving them to wonder what kind of ball game he expects to find early on a weekday morning in mid-December

2/12/1987

President Reagan tells a group of junior high students about how Rex barks in front of Lincoln's bedroom and won't go in, which makes the President think Lincoln's ghost is there. "Well." He says, "I guess that's enough of a history lesson here for today."

6/16/1987

7/8/1987

President Reagan is unable to watch Oliver North's testimony because he is busy holding up a very big saw with the words "BUDGET CUTTER" on it.

7/27/1987

- President Reagan picking up his newest prop, an oversized pair of scissors, and cutting a big credit card labelled "CONGRESSIONAL EXCESS"

7/28/1987

A careless speech writer includes the word "paradigm" in President Reagan's speech on superconductivity. Yes, he pronounces it "paradijum."

I don't recall hearing most of those anecdotes ever before...fresh material, nioce...

:patriot:

:clint:

:witch:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 7, 2014

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Withdrawal Plans posted:

1/20/1981

6/12/1981

8/13/1981

9/23/1981

5/21/1982

10/19/1982

1/30/1983

1/22/1984

2/2/1984

4/10/1984

10/3/1984

10/15/1984

10/25/1984

1/7/1985

11/9/1985

11/26/1985

10/22/1986

11/18/1986

12/9/1986

2/12/1987

6/16/1987

7/8/1987

7/27/1987

7/28/1987

All of these are great. Thank god for reagon or obamerica would be even worse than it is

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Alexzandvar posted:

It's a lot funnier if you think Reagan was baked 24/7 instead of just loosing his mind

yeah it sure would be funny to think he was stoned instead of just planting the seeds of our country's ruin :420:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

quote:

When reporters attempt to shift the topic to an upcoming tax bill, the President says, "I'm concentrating on dog heaven."

Are you kidding me this guy is great

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
This is why I'm not going to vote for Hilary if she runs. She'll be older than Reagan was when he was elected and he was basically a retarded mummy for the last 6 years of his presidency. We need to elect young fresh presidents because it's more fun to watch the stress of the job rapidly turn them into olds. If they start out as olds they just dry out, I don't think that's as exciting.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

The Gaper

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Alberto Basalm posted:

nixon pissed because he wanted to go bowling but got outvoted.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think from now on im going to be voting based on which candidate would be funniest to see in those andy thomas Presidents Playing Poker paintings

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Withdrawal Plans posted:

1/20/1981

6/12/1981

8/13/1981

9/23/1981

5/21/1982

10/19/1982

1/30/1983

1/22/1984

2/2/1984

4/10/1984

10/3/1984

10/15/1984

10/25/1984

1/7/1985

11/9/1985

11/26/1985

10/22/1986

11/18/1986

12/9/1986

2/12/1987

6/16/1987

7/8/1987

7/27/1987

7/28/1987

whenever i think that running up to sarah jessica parker signing autographs for scores of her fans and being all OMG CARRIE I'M THE PRIME MINISTER OF A NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY LOL WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE is the low point for democratically elected a head of state, i'm reminded that you guys voted like this

for that guy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
why do republican's think Teddy Roosevelt, a massive progressive would ever think of setting foot within a 100 miles of any other republican president?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Alexzandvar posted:

why do republican's think Teddy Roosevelt, a massive progressive would ever think of setting foot within a 100 miles of any other republican president?

cuz he was also a massive racist and loved a jolly good war now and then

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Withdrawal Plans posted:

1/30/1983

what the gently caress does this even mean

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
also, gently caress reagan and all, but this :

1/22/1984

that is a loving joke?

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean

He wanted to change his name to "Ronald friend of the family"

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
like without a loving doubt, thats a joke. its not even half bad a joke, nor is it even aggressively charged in a public setting like the bombing in 5 minutes joke.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

gently caress the ROW posted:

Are you kidding me this guy is great

It's all funny now but at the time it wasn't. It's like what George W Bush would have been like in office if he was 20 years older. The book also has some great George HW Bush and Dan Quayle stuff.

A few more quotes:

"We were being led by a team of people with good intentions and bad ideas, people with all the common sense of Huey, Dewey, and Louie."

- President Reagan comparing the Carter administration to Donald Duck's nephews

"You know, when we got to Washington, this country was in the fast lane headed to oblivion. The folks who'd been at the wheel were more reckless than the Dukes of Hazzard."

- Campaigning in Nevada

"The way I see it, if our current tax structure were a TV show, it would either be "Foul-Ups, Bleeps and Blunders" or "Gimme a Break". If it were a record album, it would be "Gimme Shelter". If it were a movie it would be "Revenge of the Nerds", or maybe "Take the Money and Run". And if the IRS ever wants a theme song, maybe they'll get Sting to do, "Every breath you take, every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you,"

- Selling his tax reform program to high school students

A section called "What the President Isn't":

"I'm not a scientist enough to know what they would take to make them that way"

- President Reagan refusing to speculate on the possibility of defensive SDI weapons being used offensively

"I'm not a lawyer, and I don't Intend to get into too many legal areas where I might be caught short."

- President Reagan refusing to speculate on which nation the Achille Lauro hijackers will be tried in.

"I'm not medical. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not medical, either."

- President Reagan refusing to speculate about the recurrence of cancer on his nose

"I'm no linguist, but I have been told that in the Russian language there isn't even a word for freedom."

- President Reagan revealing his ignorance of the Russian word "svoboda"

"I'm not an intellectual."

- President Reagan displaying no false modesty

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

i think from now on im going to be voting based on which candidate would be funniest to see in those andy thomas Presidents Playing Poker paintings

Now I'm sad that Ross Perot didn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why does cucking come up in every thread?

• Locked thread