Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Gaunab posted:

Why does cucking come up in every thread?

It's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

comes along bort posted:

except in the real world what happens when you block grant federal funding is it gets reappropriated by states for other things, as was the case with mental health
did you even look at the text of part B

comes along bort posted:

the idea that community treatment would be a panacea was naive at best. even the people who first advocated deinstitutionalization not three years into reagan's first term said it was a huge mistake:

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/science/how-release-of-mental-patients-began.html
yeah that article came up in my search too, note how none of the people interviewed singled out reagan as the guy who did it all, nor claimed to be talking about something that happened in the last three years

"reagan closed all the mental hospitals" is about as perfect an example of great-man history as you can ask for

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 7, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gazpacho posted:

did you even look at the text of part B

again, the actual amount of money from the federal government dropped tremendously after the budget went into effect. because that's how block grants work- they free up the money for other stuff. hence why block granting medicaid is a hot issue among conservatives today

anyway, the 1982 budget allocated 491 million for the alcohol drug abuse and mental health services compared to around 700 million in carter's budgets

quote:

"reagan closed all the mental hospitals" is about as perfect an example of great-man history as you can ask for

good thing that's not what i said

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

GBs is broken.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I loved the part where Reagan committed treason by breaking the law congress specifically passed forbidding any government agency from providing weapons to central american death squads, so he sold weapons to Iran and used the proceeds to arm them.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
to be fair we were selling weapons to iran when the shah was in charge, and he was no less lovely than the ayatollah and supreme council

they still got a few of our f-14s for re-enacting scenes from top gun

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

A Winner is Jew posted:

I loved the part where Reagan committed treason by breaking the law congress specifically passed forbidding any government agency from providing weapons to central american death squads, so he sold weapons to Iran and used the proceeds to arm them.

Yeah Senator John Glenn said at the time, "If he knew about it, then he has willfully broken the law; if he didn't know about it, then he is failing to do his job. After all, we expect the President to know about the foreign policy activities being run directly out of the White House."

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

Withdrawal Plans posted:

"The way I see it, if our current tax structure were a TV show, it would either be "Foul-Ups, Bleeps and Blunders" or "Gimme a Break". If it were a record album, it would be "Gimme Shelter". If it were a movie it would be "Revenge of the Nerds", or maybe "Take the Money and Run". And if the IRS ever wants a theme song, maybe they'll get Sting to do, "Every breath you take, every step you take, every move you make, I'll be watching you,"

- Selling his tax reform program to high school students

this is a homer simpson level digression

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Eating jellybeans

god bless you ronald reagan-sama

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

comes along bort posted:

to be fair we were selling weapons to iran when the shah was in charge, and he was no less lovely than the ayatollah and supreme council

they still got a few of our f-14s for re-enacting scenes from top gun

The shah was actually more lovely but he was our boy. Iran was an enemy of the United States when Reagan was doing his poo poo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Iran was an enemy of the United States when Reagan was doing his poo poo.

like that means anything

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

comes along bort posted:

like that means anything

I means you can't poo poo your pants and give them guns.

EDIT to be clear I'm saying that reagan did both of those things when he shouldn't have

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I never knew Reagan had Presidential props, other than his graphs explaining Reaganomics to the common man, like the VETO pen and the BUDGET CUTTER saw...its comforting to know that his brains turned to applesauce, unfortunately it happened 10-15yr too late and we were stuck with a demented president in office for a while because people didn't know wtf alzheimers really was at the time. all you really had to do to become president then was look good on the tv and be able to believably read a script, which were essentially his main qualifications...even the modern GOP would have ran someone else instead of a reagan because the signs would be all too obvious under today's media scrutiny (or so I hope).

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
he shitted himself though so that should have been a clue

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

He's the Carrot Top of US presidents.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

he shitted himself though so that should have been a clue

remember when H.W. Bush threw up all over the Japanese Prime Minister and Babs tried in vain to cover up his mouth to prevent him from breathing from causing an international incident...lol i wonder if there was some sort of instinct being displayed there that was developed during their intimate moments. :gizz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo

Bushu-suru!

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 7, 2014

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Wayside Bazaar posted:

remember when H.W. Bush threw up all over the Japanese Prime Minister and Babs tried in vain to cover up his mouth to prevent him from breathing from causing an international incident...lol i wonder if there was some sort of instinct being displayed there that was developed during their intimate moments. :gizz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo

Bushuro!

vomit is pretty bad but there are a lot of reasons why you might throw up. I throw up like 3 or 4 times a week due to my heavy alcohol abuse. there's only 1 reason why you'd poo poo yourself and that's because you have the brain of an infant.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

vomit is pretty bad but there are a lot of reasons why you might throw up. I throw up like 3 or 4 times a week due to my heavy alcohol abuse. there's only 1 reason why you'd poo poo yourself and that's because you have the brain of an infant.

good point. i think Bush was in decent shape at the time and was legit sick from too much tennis and norovirus...the thing most worth mocking is Bab's desperate response on trying to keep his vomitus inside his airway and not on the Prime Minister's suit jacket. throwing up from drinking 3-4 time a week is kinda hosed up btw, i abuse alcohol as well and in fact i am borderline drunk as i am typing out this post but i honestly couldn't tell you the last time ive thrown up from alcohol, maybe October last year? ur going to end up with ulcers and poo poo in your esophagus from all the booze and bile splashing back up routinely...check urself

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Wayside Bazaar posted:

good point. i think Bush was in decent shape at the time and was legit sick from too much tennis and norovirus...the thing most worth mocking is Bab's desperate response on trying to keep his vomitus inside his airway and not on the Prime Minister's suit jacket. throwing up from drinking 3-4 time a week is kinda hosed up btw, i abuse alcohol as well and in fact i am borderline drunk as i am typing out this post but i honestly couldn't tell you the last time ive thrown up from alcohol, maybe October last year? ur going to end up with ulcers and poo poo in your esophagus from all the booze and bile splashing back up routinely...check urself

Yeah that's true but I'm hoping it'll give my voice a manly, gravel tone and I can scare people with it (only in the dark because if they see me they'll laugh).

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I wish Reagan was still alive

so that I could hook him up to a pain amplifier.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Maoist Pussy posted:

I wish Reagan was still alive

so that I could hook him up to a pain amplifier.

So a regular audio amplifier playing the sweet sounds of Frank Sinatra banging his wife?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
regarding the earlier question about the most cuckable president, ive been meditating on the issue and have decided it is actually richard nixon.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

regarding the earlier question about the most cuckable president, ive been meditating on the issue and have decided it is actually richard nixon.

You won't have Dick Nixon to cuck around with anymore.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

paranoid randroid posted:

That's what he would want you to think. It's Tricky Dick's "the cuckman theory". You can bet there will be a tap recorder somewhere.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
later he listens to the tape in a dark room. not jerking off or anything. just staring and drinking whiskey and glowering ferociously.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reagan spent his last years raking leaves like a loving moron. He should have gone out in style.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There is no god but Mammon and Reagan is his prophet.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Ahhh haha!! Speaking of Nixon, in the book I got those quotes from, "The Clothes Have No Emperor", there's some good Nixon stuff. I don't have the book with me but in the mid 80's he went to a Burger King and left a note at his table saying something like "Best wishes to Burger King, home of the Whopper. Love, Richard Nixon".

Edit: I Googled it and that's the exact thing he wrote. Nixon didn't give a poo poo about being "Presidential" when he was out of office.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 8, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

a lot of goons are secretly into it, as it turns out

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

a lot of goons are secretly into it, as it turns out

I think many of us are quite open about our love of cucking.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

hey ss dudes reading this thread, just wanted to let you know i'm like 16 or something and not actually 25 in that pic you dug up. i'm a bearded and sorta burly 6'0" dude who just turned 30, sure hope that's ~manly~ enough for you guys. lol

Withdrawal Plans posted:

Ahhh haha!! Speaking of Nixon

hotpants

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

hey ss dudes reading this thread, just wanted to let you know i'm like 16 or something and not actually 25 in that pic you dug up. i'm a bearded and sorta burly 6'0" dude who just turned 30, sure hope that's ~manly~ enough for you guys. lol

hotpants

What are you queering on about, Nancy?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
bring back lf

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
dta

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Withdrawal Plans posted:

Ahhh haha!! Speaking of Nixon, in the book I got those quotes from, "The Clothes Have No Emperor", there's some good Nixon stuff. I don't have the book with me but in the mid 80's he went to a Burger King and left a note at his table saying something like "Best wishes to Burger King, home of the Whopper. Love, Richard Nixon".

Edit: I Googled it and that's the exact thing he wrote. Nixon didn't give a poo poo about being "Presidential" when he was out of office.

To be fair, Nixon was in the pocket of Big Burger.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

huskarl_marx posted:

bring back lf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

huskarl_marx posted:

bring back lf

• Locked thread