Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I think I might.

This will be the first time I've preordered a game since Oblivion and I hope I won't be as disappointed. I purchased Witcher II after it was out and there were generally positive reviews and I picked it up. Had a good time, but felt that alchemy was loving useless as fat gently caress's pack of condoms. Story was pretty good and got to see some titties.

Witcher I was obviously the best. Combat was a bit floaty in retrospect, but whatever. Game was about choices and story, not combat (see: Morrowind).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I never pre-order anything anymore but I'm pre-ordering TW3 in spirit

if you thought alchemy was useless you didn't play on a high enough difficult level. Also TW2's story was better than TW1's in every way so

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

I never pre-order anything anymore but I'm pre-ordering TW3 in spirit

if you thought alchemy was useless you didn't play on a high enough difficult level. Also TW2's story was better than TW1's in every way so

if you needed alchemy past a certain point you're a casual. sorry, scrub.

of course I used alchemy, but having to sit down like i'm about to rip a bong was loving stupid

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
you never played on Dark did you

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah I did. I said I used alchemy, but i liked chugging potions ala witcher I more than sitting down and having to skip cutscenes because i didn't want my loving potion timer to run out

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
potions were overpowered in TW1 though

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

being a bit overpowered doesn't ruin my verisimilitude

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
if we're talking immersion, witchers aren't supposed to be jedi. They're tough, but in the books if Geralt is going up against 10+ guys or a mage he usually gets wrecked

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

this is a video game forum not book forum nerd

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the lore says you're wrong and I'm right and you can't just ignore a thing like that

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haven't finished game one yet.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Was murdered 20 times in the opening scene of the Witcher 2, then other 20 times in the first city after you save your old friends from lynching, then my PC exploded. I think I'll preorder this maybe.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Unguided posted:

Haven't finished game one yet.

a buddy of mine bought me the first game. I was indifferent the first time I tried it. The first area after the castle (with the inn in the countryside) was a tad boring and I quit.

But I replayed it and had a blast. The first area is probably the worst for sure. But its not that bad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
yes, but only to give to obama later

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, and I preordered Bioshock and Fable 3, too :rolleyes:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I won't preorder anything that doesn't cost an extra ten bucks for cosmetic items, op. putting my foot down

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

in my head i said that preorders support the game companies but i know i am wrong

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I really don't like dark fantasy and think it's all stupid retarded garbage for idiots and human being man children which is weird because titty and huge swords own but I guess sometimes a gamer just has to grow up and mature...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

big duck equals goose posted:

I really don't like dark fantasy and think it's all stupid retarded garbage for idiots and human being man children which is weird because titty and huge swords own but I guess sometimes a gamer just has to grow up and mature...

So, when are you gonna preorder it :D

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
no

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

David Copperfield posted:

yes, but only to give to obama later

are you the president of poland irl

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

the books are really fun op (even the fan translated one). it's amazing how true to the books the games stayed

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
nah, i'll wait for the reviews to come in

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
if it's like before it'll be reviewed by people living in the bizarro world where everything is backwards, so its numbers will be lower than Dragon Age's despite being a better game in every way

what I'm saying is you should get suspicious and stay away if it ends up getting a bunch of 9/10 reviews

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
instead of looking at a bunch of reviews going through a checklist between graphics and fun factor, i'm gonna wait for Rock, Paper, Shotgun's "Wot I Think." So it's gonna a long, rambling article about the graphics and how much fun factors into the game but in the end the article will say that it's a good game that has these flaws.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

the guys at giantbomb are really awful at playing video games and having opinions but their quick look videos really do give you a good idea of what a game is like

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
gog.com is doing store credit to lower your effective price if you would otherwise get boned due to the laffably weak dollar, which is pretty cool

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

gonna own when cdr slowly turns into yet another generic game company that sells dlc and no-drm and no-dlc fanatics rage over it

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yea i pre-ordered through gog.com because australia gets hosed on all game pricing so they give me like $20 store credit to make up for it + a 20% discount on the already discounted title because I already own the first two games + apparently they and cdprojektred are owned by the same people so it's kinda like supporting the company that made the game + i am a sucker and a chump

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I already pre-ordered. Downloading Neverwinter Knights and look forward to trying to play it. I didn't really have the means to play Classic RPGs like Baldurs gate 2 and torment and I've been wanting to try those old PC games for awhile.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I still need to try to beat the game on Insane mode, it's the last cheevo I need.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Won't pre-order but I'm sure I'll buy it at some point.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Action Tortoise posted:

instead of looking at a bunch of reviews going through a checklist between graphics and fun factor, i'm gonna wait for Rock, Paper, Shotgun's "Wot I Think." So it's gonna a long, rambling article about the graphics and how much fun factors into the game but in the end the article will say that it's a good game that has these flaws.

human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

I did not know that Cd Projekt Red was short for Cd Projekt Reddit

• Locked thread