Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
It's the most wonderful time of the year, when the networks are on summer hiatus and I get to catch up on all the full-season shows piled up on my DVR. We binged through Hannibal Season 2 in a week, holy hell did that give me nightmares! Now we're nearly done with The Good Wife. I am overdosing on awesome TV and I LOVE IT!

Now that I have some room on my DVR, are there any decent shows on this summer to try out? We gave up early in Season 1 of Under the Dome and Extant looks mediocre but we'll probably give it a few episodes. Any word on Tyrant on FX? Anything coming up on HBO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Have you seen The Americans or Fargo?

Fargo is building up on the DVR so we can binge through it in a week. I had to delete the first season of The Americans due to no DVR space, same with season 2, so its on the list to stream once we run out of "live" shows to watch.

Sounds like this summer will be sparse. Which is nice, since I have to catch up on the latest season of Boardwalk Empire and we're only halfway through Breaking Bad.

Finding time to watch TV with 3 little kids in the house is tough!

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Another great season of VEEP! That scene in the bathroom was perfection.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Veep's great especially because seasons are so short. 8 half-hour episodes means only the strongest material stays in.

"What were you bobble heads doing while I was just getting ear hosed by father time?"

Oh Selina. :allears:

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also, the most :effort: episode title of all time:

This just reminded me of the Rick & Morty episode with the sexbot, and Morty's monster son, and how depressing and gross and heartfelt the whole thing was...man, I can't wait for that show to come back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I am excited to see if the TV show 'Mulaney' is able to turn around the generally accepted (and correct) motion that multicam sitcoms in the 2010s is garbage TV.

Nope, it doesn't. Mulaney was a whiny, unlikable jerk on his own show and Martin Short was just too much. It may get better over time, but it's basically Whitney for dudes.

We watched the pilots for Mulaney and Marry Me, because we love everyone involved, and they were both rather painful. Penny from Happy Endings was great when she was balanced with everyone else's crazy. A half hour of crazy Penny solo was just too much.

We also watched Madam Secretary, which is a calmer West Wing with a splash of Scandal, and it was good high-brow fun. Not as juicy or intriguing as The Good Wife, but a good companion show.

• Locked thread