Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ravane posted:

Edit: I think the strangest part was that they made the crew wear sacks over their heads on the freaking boat, so they couldn't trace their way back to the island. But how the hell do you backtrack on an ocean?

Stars, land formations, prevailing winds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Yoshifan823 posted:

I watched most of Alpha House. It was really good. John Goodman is a good actor.

They're supposed to start production on season 2 soon. Garry Trudeau put Doonesbury on hiatus for it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Also it was the 70s, the nadir of interior design.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Is there any show on TV with cinematography anywhere as close to the quality of Breaking Bad? I feel that even if the acting, writing, and story had all been bad, the show would still have been mesmerizing just due to it's creative camera work and incredible landscapes

Not as intentionally showy, but Boardwalk Empire has a lot of good camerawork, though a lot of CGI too. True Detective had some great shots, and Miami Vice holds up pretty well; a lot of what was considered out there when it first aired later became cliches.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 30, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

IRQ posted:

I had assumed all CC was doing these days was hot garbage like Workaholics.

Pretty much still the same, but there's a couple good bits in most of the new shows. They at least seem like they're trying, which hasn't been the case in ages.

IFC's been picking up the slack lately in moderately funny shows.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

It's because despite the names becoming more and more ridiculous, they're still not as ridiculous as some actual players' names.

It's pretty much this. Players' names have gotten ludicrous the past decade or so. A school near me they got a Zeek, Demage, K'Hadree, and a Khyron this year. And that's just the defensive line.

Are they a football team or the Order of the Bat'leth?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I'm glad people are getting around to making fun of the whole Kickstarter/Gofundme/Indiegogo horseshit, and in a more creative fashion than loving potato salad.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You'd think that'd be where they'd want to focus since neither Google nor Apple have a major foothold in video games, and those things still make money.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the problem? One of the most interesting things about the Manhattan Project is that the government created three artificial towns, moved a ton of people and their families there, lied to most of them about what they were doing, and swore the rest to secrecy. That's without getting into figures like Fermi, Szilard, and obviously Oppenheimer. Family life and personal drama is a lot more interesting than watching them figure out the mechanics behind the bombs or produce plutonium.

The Adventures of Richard Feynman action-comedy hour would be pretty entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Every time I flip by USA and see a commercial for new episodes of Royal Pains I wonder how it's still on and who the gently caress is still watching that.

Your parents. Also why procedurals are all over the place in syndication.

• Locked thread