Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Ravane posted:

It's good, but y'all should stop exaggerating how far it goes. It's not at all disturbing.

You might want to wait until you've watched it all. It ends in a properly British manner: Bad guys win. Main characters end up dead or truly hosed. Everything they did was completely futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

bobkatt013 posted:

But did they? I mean Bruce Willis was always sent back in time to die and make the phone call. I got that she also always went back, but the virus still occurred.

The plan was never to prevent the virus, just to get a sample of the original strain so they could develop a cure back in the future.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

They all sound bloody awful.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Carnivale.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

AMC is fine by me.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/preacher-tv-show-comic-book-pilot-seth-rogen-evan-goldberg-amc-1201307680/

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Irish Joe posted:

Its the one time of year kids understand my Jimmy Durante impression.

I'm sure they understand your Jimmy Savile impression whatever time of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They had a decent premise initially. The problem was that they didn't do much with that and that the episodes themselves weren't great.

There are really obvious differences between season 1 and season 2 (Ward and Fitz are completely different characters now, in that they're actually interesting), but fundamentally they're doing the same kind of stories except in a not-completely-poo poo way.

Even as a psychopath Ward is still boring and I doubt giving Skye super-powers will make her interesting either. Fitz is better then he was, but then Iain De Caestecker can actually act.

• Locked thread