Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sweeney Tom posted:

Tracy Morgan's limo got rear-ended and flipped over by a tractor trailer in a multi-car wreck on the New Jersey Turnpike. Another passenger's dead, and Morgan's in critical condition :smith:

ed: Didn't even notice this had already been mentioned above, oops

I guess someone from a real state tried to turn left or pump their own gas and it just blew Jersey drivers away and here we are. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Except a procedural doesn't say anything about specific content of the show. Just the formula. Kind of like single camera and multi camera sitcom describe the kind of show you're watching not the specific content of it. Procedural is fine to use to describe both Law & Order and Person of Interest.

Yeah, for example, L&O is a crime procedural, the procedural label only refers to the structure. eg we are introduced to the crime, the detectives investigate, wrong suspect 1-3 are brought in, real suspect is caught, court room segment, if it's SVU throw in some gross police misconduct just world bullshit, and doink doink.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

They named the third XBox the XBox 1.

Excuse me I think you meant to say the X-Box One All-in-One Home Entertainment System(tm).

I don't know about you but all I have ever wanted in life was to shout at my tv and have it do nothing but let the NSA watch me scratch my nuts without my knowledge.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

Clone High is one of the only revivals I have complete faith in.

I want a second Beavis and Butthead revival.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

OldSenileGuy posted:

I'm fine with B&B being a Curb Your Enthusiasm type series from here on out. Whenever Mike Judge feels like making another season, MTV should let him.

However, I imagine he's pretty busy with Silicon Valley right now, and if he can make a second season as good as the first, I fully support him focusing on that.

I completely agree, I would jerk off every guy in this room if we get another season as good as the first. Problem is I only have 10 minutes...

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

Daredevil is a blind guy whose superpower is that he can see.

If I remember the movie right he sees because it rains constantly and he's a bat or something.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Everything in this post is true.

This guy doesn't think Silicon Valley is good, I don't believe a word he says.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Let's probate words altogether and force posters to communicate like cavemen, with grunts, hand gestures and jpegs carved into stone tablets.

Gurm still wouldn't be able to finish the books.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Zaggitz posted:

Everyone get ready for cool gifs leading up to your well deserved probations!

Grats Annakie please don't gifban me.

Well, better get it out of our systems then.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Slamhound posted:

Identify terrible posters who are not me and ban/probate if they don't post in limerick format.

There once was a poster named Occupation,
Who went and bombed a television station,
They aired last man standing with no understanding,
And that is why they had to die.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

Haven't you seen the thread title? Ollie isn't rich anymore.

Letting Summer Glau on your genre show is dangerous enough, he should be glad all he lost was his company.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

There are much better reasons to not watch Arrow than "because it's about a rich guy".

I see you listed them, very thorough job thanks!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is Poison Ivy trying to hold in her pee or something, what the hell is going on.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

Falling Skies comes back on June 22nd. It's much better than Defiance.

I wouldn't say that.

I'll watch both though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

How decrepit is Mr. Feeny in 2014?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Well that was completely terrible and unfunny and makes me glad I don't watch this show that's based on it.

Yeah, the IRC tricked me into watching an episode of it, it was a dumpster fire of unfunny garbage.

Rarity posted:

Donnie motherfucking Hendrix :rock:

Helena. loving Helena. :black101:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Every one of those save one is a genre show.

As opposed to?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

So when looking up a clip of it on Youtube I find that of course lovely conservative groups are against it. Why would "One Million Moms" give a gently caress about this kind of thing anyway?

I don't think this is the first time they've cropped up when an ad showed gay people in a positive light. I think it was print ads before though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Should we throw a parade? Petition Obama to make it a national holiday?

Help me out here, what's the proper response to there being gays on tv?

edit: unacknowledged gays

What are you even trying to troll here Joe?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Maxwell Lord posted:

You know, considering how completely loving impotent they are, I am starting to wonder if One Million Moms might actually be a sham group created to drum up attention- and so good PR- for when companies acknowledge that gay people exist.

I mean, it's still good for the companies to do so because it's an indicator of larger social change, but I'm trying to remember if OMM have ever done anything besides complain about commercials.

Bitching about commercials is their niche. The hate groups love to specialize, and remember there's BIG money out there to back these oxygen thieves in all their endeavors. But if we're tossing out weird theories, I often find it hard to tell if the people making bank running them are true believers or just amoral mercenaries.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

RE: shows with time jumps, keep your dicks in your pants for GoT. It was supposed to have a time skip, but then didn't, and went totally to poo poo, literal poo poo, like the actual real meaning of literal. We'll see if the show follows.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Has H&CF gotten any better after the pilot? That's the only episode I watched and it didn't make me want to watch any more.

It's gotten really boring and the punk girl gimmick is falling even flatter than it did in the pilot. I think I'm done with it.

Rarity posted:

Wow, I can't even muster up the interest to watch the season finale to Game of Thrones. It really must have been a bad season.

It's worth it if only to see how much the producers are playing it fast and loose with the book plots.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Not if it's a gameshow where you give and/or receive sexual favors from strangers.

I can't wait for the Kinect version!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Who keeps funding these things, they keep losing shitloads of money every time then coming back for more. Either way, this is just too perfect.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Generic American posted:

So, TVIV! I have a question for any experienced HBO-havers. I ended up missing this entire season of Game of Thrones, but now that I'm finally getting an upgrade to HD, they're giving me the channels until mid-September. My question is that, based on previous seasons, is there any chance that they'll be going back through the older episodes at some point or is it just rerunning the final two ad nauseam like it shows for the next few weeks of scheduling until they slip out of the rotation?

You will have HBOGo, just use that. If you want to watch it on your tv, well why don't you already have something hooked up to your tv that can do that?

Also I must have watched another show called Farscape from a lot of you. Better than TNG? Later seasons good? :psyduck:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Decius posted:

The question is how long it still will feature excellent web journalism. Polygon, belonging to Vox, just let go three people, who were specifically tasked with writing long and deep pieces with the stated goal that it will feature less of this stuff.

Polygon BROUGHT TO YOU BY MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER (TM) is all about hard hitting games journalism, such as getting tattooed in a darkened office building, not long, deep pieces.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Should move that and the Toonami/Adult Swim thread there, so we can have a thread for the non garbage stuff they air without wading through thousands of those posts.

Korra isn't anime.

It is bad and for jerks though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

What do you guys think of the Battlestar Galactica finale? Robots, right?

Say what you will about Adama banging Starbuck on the hood of that camero, the dance number in that episode was fantastic.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Now that Fargo is finished, the gf and I need a show to watch. Which one would be recommended?

Luther
Broadchurch
In The Flesh
Utopia
Black Mirror
Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley. Mike Judge.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

I said sometime back that Falling Skies was better than Defiance. But with this new episode of Failing Skies, I realize how wrong I truly was. Both are very mediocre, but this season's intro episode was absolutely horrendous. Do not watch.

This episode is no worse than any other episode of Falling Skies.

Which is to say, it's bad, but what the gently caress else is on?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Who watches TV in the summer? Go out and get some sun you nerds

You're english, like you've ever seen the sun. :colbert:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Since it's gonna be moved to ADTRW immediately upon its creation, can the thread title please be Legend of Korra Book 3: The Official Start of the Summer 2014 Anime Season? I checked. It fits.

Korra is for jerks, but it's not anime.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Although nobody knows what PAX is anymore. Does ION even still exist?

Why would you mention Penny Arcade Expo in the tv forum? :confused:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, the finale was the first sign that things were starting to come together, and by Season 2 it was humming.

Then it got bad again when Leslie got elected.

There, I said it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

The fact that I remember the entire intro without watching it even though I haven't seen in well over decade (at least) is proof enough to me that it's a pretty good intro. I don't remember the intros for a lot of shows I watched all the time at that age, and I didn't even watch that one much, but I still remember it. I think I caught it in syndication on USA or something early mornings when I was a kid.

I hate to support Irish Joe's terrible loving gimmick so thanks for this. Perfect Strangers was an awesome show and I can recite that intro right along side the Fresh Prince intro or anything else that ridiculously iconic.

I'm old though, I watched it as it originally aired. Perfect Strangers was event tv back in the 80s. Booochy boochy boochy!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DaveWoo posted:

What really amazes me about Family Matters is how it went from being a down-to-earth, Cobsy-esque family show in its early seasons to having poo poo like robots and clones and time travel in its later seasons.

Wait what?

I vaguely recall some weird poo poo with Urkle doing science experiments or something but nothing that crazy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

I have never to my knowledge watched even one second of this "Boy Meets World" thing and I have no idea what y'all are on about.

It was a show that dealt with growing up (a middle class white kid) without being saccharine or pandering that happened to air around the time a lot of this forum was the target age group for it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Topanga was hot

Also this.

Also, where did Yahoo get enough money to sate Dan Harmon's enormous ego? And how will they funnel it up his own rear end to get it to him?

Actually just how does Yahoo have money at all?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

Yahoo owns Flicker and Tumbler.

Well that answers that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Slamhound posted:

The Leftovers was boring and stupid.

I got pretty bored about halfway through too. Silent smoking cult was not really all that interesting and the rest of it could be dropped into any small town america scenario. Show is going to need to pull a Jericho real fast or I don't see watching it.

• Locked thread