Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Damon Lindelof is famous because of Lost and now he's writing Star Trek movies and Alien sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

VorpalBunny posted:

It's the most wonderful time of the year, when the networks are on summer hiatus and I get to catch up on all the full-season shows piled up on my DVR. We binged through Hannibal Season 2 in a week, holy hell did that give me nightmares! Now we're nearly done with The Good Wife. I am overdosing on awesome TV and I LOVE IT!

Now that I have some room on my DVR, are there any decent shows on this summer to try out? We gave up early in Season 1 of Under the Dome and Extant looks mediocre but we'll probably give it a few episodes. Any word on Tyrant on FX? Anything coming up on HBO?

The Good Wife is fantastic. I only started watching it because of the AV Club article saying it's the successor to The Wire. I wouldn't quite call it that but it's a really fun show that skewers lawyers, bitcoin, or really whatever they feel like that week. It's unfortunate that it has 22 episode seasons because it means a lot of filler, but I don't mind watching them all. Even Kalinda's husband.

Have you seen The Americans or Fargo?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this? posted:

The good thing that came out of all those failures is now genre shows have moved in the other direction, making sure to actually get to the "good stuff" right away and actually answering mysteries early.

I remember when people were saying this about Heroes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He worked on Heroes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Probably. And it won't be too hard

quote:

internationally, Sony Pictures TV will be selling the rights to broadcasters.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All I know about Daredevil is he's kind of like Spider-Man but blind.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So yeah it really sucks how AMC is a huge disappointment now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

precision posted:

What happened? Did they not renew Turn? :(

e: and Halt and Catch Fire is really good. Seriously what happened, Google's showing me nothing

I think both those shows are dull.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Justified's theme song is good though so the concept isn't entirely broken.

That song is terrible and Raylan would never listen to it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hey, AMC can't be a huge disappointment until after Mad Men's series finale!

I love Mad Men but it feels like AMC isn't treating it right. They shafted Breaking Bad, too.

The Killing, Walking Dead, Turn, the 80s computer show, the grimdark cop show, and that railroad show are really boring in comparison. Well Walking Dead can be fun sometimes.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 13, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Season 1 had Dennis Hopper and Zeljko Ivanek playing evil Serbian para military dudes with ridiculous accents. And Jack's wife had amnesia for 3 hours and recovered. I like how season 1's story was tame compared to later ones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Walking Dead is more fun and wacky than anything on USA. It looks grimdark but the show producers are just having fun coming up with new death setpieces.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The reviews are usually just recaps from what I've seen. And the Todd VanderWiff guy takes Louie way too seriously. I read one review where he spent half of it talking about fighting with his own wife or something. Blargh.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jack Bauer killed like 3 presidents. And his own dad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you're a creep you can watch the first episode for free on iTunes

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

haha

quote:

"I bought the DVDs and showed them to my children, but their eyes glazed over," recalls Galkin. "They did not think it was funny."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's an episode where they go to Mexico and try to bribe a cop. It can be a fun show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The pilot sucks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Good Wife owns.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Steven Soderbergh directed all 10 episodes of The Knick. A hospital drama starring Clive Owen. It's great when Soderbergh un-retires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_xvw-_YJSo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Six Feet Under had like 8 time jumps

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It was cool except for the plot of the dragon girl going absolutely nowhere.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fat people suck at everything including eating competitions.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's directing the Episodes 8 and 9 of Star Wars.

Also I didn't know there were going to be spin off movies. They already announced like two additional Star Wars on top of that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

As a female lead in a Steven S. DeKnight show she'll probably be naked a lot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I keep seeing the Legend of Korra thread bumping up to the top. What do people talk about in there? I don't want to check. I think anime discussion should go to that tentacle rape forum.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

HorseRenoir posted:

What audience is Korra even for, aside from twenty-something anime nerds hatewatching on Tumblr?

Children

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What do you guys think of the Battlestar Galactica finale? Robots, right?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Utopia is coming back soon so it's a good time to catch up. It's only 6 or 7 episodes. David Fincher is doing a US remake.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sober posted:

Haven't watched The Last Ship yet, but umm, is Michael Bay gonna bankroll some of it? Because it's on TNT and if they're going to keep the level of bombastic ... explosions going off and all that I don't know if I would say a show on TNT ever has the budget to do that. At least I can't name one off the top of my head.

All the actors are terrible so I"m sure they have money for explosions.

"Badass, captain. Badass."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The sun is bad for your skin

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm excited about it mostly because there's nothing else to watch right now. Don't like Tyrant, Last Ship, Dominion, or Penny Dreadful.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's great that they admit up front that there won't be an explanation and not string viewers along. And since it's on HBO there won't be any episodes about tattoos.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Samuel L Jackson said he actually recorded the TV version of the Snakes on a Plane lines so it's even better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone made another Korra thread. Can we move anime stuff to the rape forum please

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really like the Homeland intro. Disorienting and a little creepy. I actually sit through it most of the time.

Game of Thrones though is so boring. Kinda neat for a couple times but i just skip it now. Haven't watched it in 3 seasons.

Carnivale still has the best intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTCtwNIYaQ

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

David Schwimmer was the biggest star of Band of Brothers when it aired.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Parks and Rec doesn't become really good IMO until Mark leaves. Not only does the character suck but the actor also sucks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

quote:

Urkel and Carl go back in time on board a 1700s pirate vessel, where they are made to walk the plank after Urkel accidentally drops his time travel watch overboard. Can they escape back to their present time before they become sharkbait?
Note: This was the final episode that aired on ABC. This episode aired in 3-D as part of ABC's "3-D Week" promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In terms of cinematography check out Utopia. It even goes a step further and has a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Season 1 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3gxwIqqzB4

• Locked thread