Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

You never know who could be reading this thread. Maybe there's a person out there that we're looking at to be the next mod. Maybe that person is you. Let's all take a moment to send a message to that person and tell them something that may get them to either take or turn down being a mod. I've already created a few default responses that I feel would be popular so you can just quote one of them if you can't come up with one of you own!

"Take the job, you can't be much worse than Deadpool. He doesn't even like Game of Thrones or Dr. Who. The guy is a monster."

"Take the job, you literally could not be any worse than Aatrek. Because he was a literal monster."

"Take the job, I'd say you can't be worse than OldSenileGuy but I've only posted on this forum every day for 5 years so I'm not entirely sure who that is."

"Don't take the job because Game of Thrones."

"No really, Game of Thrones. Have you seen how those people post?"

"Before you take the job I'm going to need your full thoughts on the series finale of Lost. This is very important."

I only ever get PMs from people I hate. Its kind of weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched into the second season but got bored by the fact it constantly went on hiatus for weeks at a time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It also inadvertently started the trend of "Big Mystery" shows where crazy things happened that don't get explained right away. Then the show gets canceled and they don't get explained ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

VorpalBunny posted:

Now that I have some room on my DVR, are there any decent shows on this summer to try out? We gave up early in Season 1 of Under the Dome and Extant looks mediocre but we'll probably give it a few episodes. Any word on Tyrant on FX? Anything coming up on HBO?

HBO has The Leftovers starting soon. That one is about a world where 2% of the population has vanished and what happens to the people left behind.

Also FX has The Strain starting July 19th. Its based on the book series of the same name and is by Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse. Its about a CDC scientist played by Corey Stoll and a vampire invasion of NYC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PERSONS UNKNOWN :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, that should be a future mod challenge right there. gently caress that show. That was really bad TV

My "favorite" part of that show was how before it started NBC was saying how it was a complete story and then it ended on a stupid cliffhanger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The good thing that came out of all those failures is now genre shows have moved in the other direction, making sure to actually get to the "good stuff" right away and actually answering mysteries early.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think I've heard of that show ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yet someone cared enough to upload it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think one of my favorite Review moments was in the first episode. Its the scene where he's going to rehab and he's talking about how great cocaine is and how you shouldn't trust him later on. He writes "Liar" on a piece of paper, draws an arrow and then holds it up. Then when they cut back to the studio Forest is talking about how horrible cocaine is with a screencap of him in the car and the arrow is pointing right at him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

USA's Graceland is coming back tonight. I'd make a thread but it barely got posted in last year so...

I enjoyed the first season, even though Aaron Tviet never burst into song for no reason! :mad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm sorry USA, but I'm not that interested in a TV show about the dissatisfied rich guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, I'm probably not going to watch Gotham or Arrow either.

Have you seen commercials for Satisfaction? The entire premise seems to be some poo poo about how a well to do couple aren't happy with their lives.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big No

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a "hick hop" singer. So, you know, gently caress him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fox has canceled I Want to Marry 'Harry' and Riot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I saw a commercial for some new show on Syfy that's about angels destroying the planet. On one hand it's probably (more likely definitely) going to be absolutely terrible but on the other hand I saw Christopher Egan from Kings in the commercial and I really liked him on that show and have not seen him in anything since. So I'm torn. Pretty sure I also saw Alan Dale too which makes me go against my better judgment and consider watching at least the first episode.

Oddly enough its a spin off/sequel to that crappy B-horror movie from a couple of years ago, Legion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know it wasn't that well received but the USA show Sirens got picked up for a second season.

I liked it though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jon Benjamin has a smallish cameo in 22 Jump Street as the college football coach and I just read an interview with Lord & Miller where they admit that yes, they cast him in that part because of Home Movies.

Edit:
Also the Lucas Brothers are in it and I was only aware of them from their cartoon so I did not realize that yes, they actually look like that in real life.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 15, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

I recommend watching the actual show, especially "Love Potion #9" and "Rixty Minutes"

Oh and watch "Something Ricked Comes This Way" just for the ending alone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEyVamLjYY

The guy they're beating up at the very start of the clip is literally the Devil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, in "Heroes Reborn" casting news they've announced that Jack Coleman aka "Mr Bennet" aka "HRG" is back for it. Although I doubt they'll have issues getting anybody back. Seeing as nobody from the show's career is really all that busy. I mean, yeah, Zachary Quinto is Spock but other than that he's not really doing all that much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've already rewritten big chunks and said they don't have any problems killing other bits. The producers mentioned they might nix the entire "Lady Stoneheart" character completely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

That character is the only thing I've been spoiled about (that hasn't already happened) and I have to say, just from the very little I know, it sounds loving retarded.

The interview I read mentioned that they thought the character is pretty useless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WOOOO FARGO FINALE!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I keep seeing the Legend of Korra thread bumping up to the top. What do people talk about in there? I don't want to check. I think anime discussion should go to that tentacle rape forum.

Recently there was a trailer posted for the new season so they're probably all complaining about that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

The whole thread is just spoiler tags because episodes from the middle of the next season leaked.

Why would anyone watch out of context episodes? Especially a show like Korra which is heavily serialized.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Metropolis posted:

I'm a big Avatar: The Last Airbender fan but they just let Korra get so drat bad. The only thing the creators are good at now is making a season that seems like it will be great until you start watching it. And this time they haven't even done that.

No, no Korra discussion!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching some of that "I Love the 2000s" on VH1 and I don't know who 90% of the people they are talking to are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They pretty much bring up everything from the movie that's relevant to the series. There is a pretty big retcon from the movie though, as in that it wasn't that God was absent but that He actually commanded the angels to kill humanity. He did give Michael an out with the whole messiah baby thing.

I was fairly impressed with the special effects for the show, especially for a Syfy channel original program. There weren't any crazy obvious greenscreens and the angel wings all looked fairly realistic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I couldn't get over the idiotic decline of society into a Fallout style Caesar's Palace cargo cult. Within one generation.

I don't know, the idea that angels are real and have killed like 90% of the world's population would bring some rather large upheavals in society.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I didn't follow how they intend to tabulate votes for the west coast re-airing at all. Doesn't this whole thing kind of hinge on airing live?

They made a point in the commercials mentioning Mountain Time so I guess they just don't care about Pacific.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I generally like Graceland but the bit last week with Jakes' family was really stupid. From his ex-wife refusing to actually tell him that his son wasn't moving in with him to the whole restraining order coming out of nowhere and instantly being arrested by cops the whole thing seemed like it was just drama for drama.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The biggest problem with it was that it was a Jakes subplot and his stuff just feels completely disconnected from everything else that's going on since he doesn't really seem to like anybody but Johnny. Even though he helped Briggs cover up a murder last season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Is it actually the Rapture in the show, or is that just (presumably) what some in universe characters think?

I believe the producers have said that they're not really that interested in how it happened but in how the characters react to it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think I'll be fine with it, I just finished reading Dhalgren and if I can get through that without getting frustrated about no answers nothing is going to do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Voiceover says "Good morning, Brooklyn" over shots of Manhattan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a head's up but tonight Syfy is somehow going to air Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It should be fun just to see how chopped up the whole thing is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Hahaha, that is going to be something.

AFAIK they didn't film a syndication version because otherwise it would have popped up sooner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sober posted:

So it'll be like 34 minutes long and just the violent bits, none of the sexy bits.

For the first episode anyway.

Spartacus' violence is more than even basic cable can stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy Channel, we're showing butts now.

• Locked thread