Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Defiance is back this coming Thursday. The first season was a decent show, for Syfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ravane posted:

Falling Skies comes back on June 22nd. It's much better than Defiance.

I watch both. I enjoy Defiance much more.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Good thing we have a Supreme Court Justice who weighs court decisions based on what a patriot Jack Bauer is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Politicians reminisce about Mayberry as if it were a real place and time we could aspire to return to and not a Desilu backlot.

Like how the best thing about Mayberry was that there was no colors?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

I grew up watching Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts, so far be it for me to throw stones at kids who watch the Boy Meets Girl revival.

Speaking of Hey Dude:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/showbiz/hey-dude-reunion-25th-anniversary/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Coming from you I consider that very high praise. Though I still think you've got the edge.

I'll miss your biting sarcasm.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

raditts posted:

I know being a dickhead about absolutely everything is the hot new thing for everyone to do around here and all and I don't even know what you're trying to rage against here, but if the target demographic is "people who are pleasantly surprised at seeing different types of people on TV that are not painted as wacky stereotypes" then yes I will keep enjoying them, thank you :)

Scary ghost dog is a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone at all times. Don't take it personally, he likes to try being a tough dude.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Uh, y'all can be pumped about this Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/unauthorized-saved-by-bell-tv-713208

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Annakie posted:

I'm gonna watch the hell out of the Saved by the Bell movie.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm so excited. I'm so exited. I am so scared!

Speed will gently caress you up, Jesse.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

Wait, what's he busy with?

Come on man, that news was posted like 20 whole minutes ago. Get with the program!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Wilfred season 4 premiers this coming Wednesday.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Now that Fargo is finished, the gf and I need a show to watch. Which one would be recommended?

Luther
Broadchurch
In The Flesh
Utopia
Black Mirror
Silicon Valley

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bown posted:

GreenNight, check out Black Mirror and Silicon Valley.

Sounds like a plan, thanks!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also Falling Skies.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

The premiere just ended, and I'm not surprised. gently caress this shitshow. I'll never get the 71 hours I spent watching it back, and there's still 9 more hours to go. If you've never seen True Blood before, that's not a mistake, and it doesn't need correcting. Stay away.

I thought it was pretty awesome and exactly what I expect from the show. Don't loving watch it if you hate it so much. This is no where near last season of Dexter bad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Continuum is terrible and I regret forcing myself to finish Season 2.

Don't watch Continuum.

Season 3 is pretty amazing tbh.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Wilfred comes back tonight if anyone wants to setup a final season thread.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bown posted:

Last night, actually.

WELP. Two episodes too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I believe the producers have said that they're not really that interested in how it happened but in how the characters react to it.

That's exactly right. They already said to not dwell on the mystery because they have no plans to offer any explanations for it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Deadpool posted:

In other words DO NOT OPEN THREAD.

Wrong, it's going to be the absolutely best thread due to the tears of non answers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm OK with that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

You like literally everything.

It's a nice change of pace than the usual malcontents around here.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Welp, wrap it up:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/32742/nbc-s-constantine-will-not-feature-smoking

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Under the Dome returns tonight which I'm sure you're all very excited about.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Either read the books or read Wikipedia instead of asking stupid questions

Answer:

The series places special emphasis on the biology of vampires as parasitic creatures, and the life cycle and physical adaptations of a human-turned-vampire are covered in detail. The vector for vampirism is a capillary worm, which, once introduced into the human host's bloodstream (either through a vampire's feeding or direct invasion by the worm through a wound or orifice), introduces an incurable and fast-acting virus. By manipulating the host's genes, the virus causes a human to undergo numerous radical physical changes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Okay wait. Was Boy Meets World really a big deal? It always felt like just another part of TGIF to me.

Not really, just some people have fond memories of the show from their childhood.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Are they still under the same dome this season? If not, what happened to the first dome?

It's the same dome but now it's ~magnetic~.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Not really sure what you guys were expecting. Lindelof came right out and said it was Lost without any of the things that made Lost interesting.

edit: this was posted in the commercials thread, but it deserves to be reposted here. I defy you not to laugh at child slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

You can't have slaughter without laughter.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well, Jesus was white, right? And he saved all those Jews from big bad Eqypt.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I just saw the commercial for the Fox remake of Broadchurch. What the gently caress? It looks exactly the same shot for shot. The hell David Tennant?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean yeah I know, but change it up a bit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What if the show gets a second season, is he going to do both simultaneously?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Because poo poo ain't as shocking when people tell you it's shocking. It's like Lost. It was a whole different experience watching it live and having no preconceptions.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Utopia is really really slow so far you guys, I don't know about this.

No, not slow, anything but slow. How dare they.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Never seen it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Hey Deadpool this Key and Peele show is pretty good, thanks for the rec.

Key and Peele were pretty good on Fargo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

6-8 for me, but only to justify my gross eating habits.

So this is you?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

At least it's not slow, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah shows need to be pretty great from the get go, otherwise jump ship.

• Locked thread