Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I was just thinking about Wonderfalls the other day. Do any streaming services have it or do I have to track down dvds in order to watch it again?

Thinking about one Bryan Fuller show makes me want to watch the other ones as well. I never did finish Dead Like Me but I think I remember hearing that it wasn't as good in the second season. And Pushing Daisies was my favorite show at the time when I was watching it. I suppose I might as well watch one of those while I wait for more Hannibal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I forgot that Heroes Reborn is a thing. I guess it's cool that they got Jack Coleman on board, but what about Nissan? Have they signed on yet?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Speaking of early HBO, one really rad thing about HBO's early days was their children's programming. I get that now they're a mature, adult network so that kind of thing doesn't have a place there anymore but it was probably the only network that something like Buy Me That Too: A Kid's Survival Guide to TV Advertising could have been made and aired on.

Didn't Fraggle Rock originally air on HBO? I always thought that was odd considering what HBO is like these days.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you guys want some good TV to watch, the Poochinski pilot in its entirety is on youtube. Sadly, Poochinski was never picked up but this gem of a pilot lives on. I'm sure that had the show ran for multiple seasons, they would have went into the mythology about how and why Peter Boyle got reincarnated as a dog, and probably would have had Poochinski come across other people/dogs that were in the same situation as him. Anyway, if you haven't seen it don't be shy give it a try, and if you have seen it then you might as well watch it again. This is the show that Terriers wanted to be all along, you won't be disappointed.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I wish Netflix had a random episode feature. I have a half hour to kill before going to work and I can't decide which episode of Always Sunny to watch.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm curious to know what the ratings on FXX are right now with the Simpsons marathon versus what they'll be when they get to the not good seasons. I'm guessing it'll be a gradual decline followed by a pretty sharp drop. I could be wrong though, wouldn't surprise me if people keep tuning in because of the 100% chance of catching an episode of the Simpsons no matter what time of day it is.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Semi TV related question: Why does DJ Qualls keep getting work? He seems like the kind of person best suited for doing voice work, and not showing his face to a camera.

And just for the record, DJ Qualls is awesome and should keep getting work.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 28, 2014

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

How are Hemlock Grove and Witches of East End? I sort of feel like being a dork and easing into an October of horror movies with a September of mediocre horror tv.

Not sure about Witches of East End but I watched the first season of Hemlock Grove recently. It didn't really wow me but I was entertained enough. And from what I understand the second season is better than the first so I'll probably check it out after I'm done catching up on Supernatural.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Last night I watched I Know That Voice, a documentary about voice actors and the voice acting industry. It was very interesting. They were saying how versatile you have to be in order to really make it as a voice actor, which is kinda obvious. But one thing they never went into that I wish they did was how someone like Jon Benjamin is so successful while only doing the same voice for everything.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I could spend hours watching Steve Harvey's Family Feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Somebody from around where I live must have joined the Supernatural writing staff at like season 8 or so. Since then they've been more frequently name dropping close by towns as possible places to go and one of the episodes took place in the next town over from me. It was that episode that I noticed their attention to detail about where they were. The town itself didn't really look like it actually does, but you could see signs in the background with the name of the county on it and it surprised me that they would go through the trouble to put that poo poo up for the few local people that would notice.

• Locked thread