Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kumail Nanjiani is doing a podcast where he recaps every X-Files episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmmm you know who else did a bunch of giffing...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fooz posted:

I watched that lost boys of sudan come to america documentary ("god grew tired of us" or something) for some sweet vicarious "adjusting to the modern world", but they didn't give a poo poo about the 'modern' world. It wasn't very satisfying.

If I was adjusting to 2034, I'd binge so much media that I'd die.

"Sleepy Hollow got fifteen seasons? Oh hell yeah"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I still don't understand what the demand is for what is essentially Batman babies. May as well go whole hog and have all the villains living in the same orphanage and taken care of by Commissioner Gordon's disembodied pair of legs.

Superheroes are hot right now and TV execs are unimaginative cowards.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So, anybody watching, ahem, Big Smo?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember Everlast? He's back, in Big Smo form.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:stare:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Augh it's a ratings holocaust.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

Whole lotta shows either coming back or premiering in the next several weeks.

Dominion (Series premiere on June 19th on Syfy)
Defiance (Season premiere on June 19th on Syfy)
Falling Skies (Season premiere on June 22nd on TNT)
The Last Ship (Series Premiere on June 22nd on TNT)
Tyrant (Series premiere on June 24th on FX)
The Leftovers (Series premiere on June 29th on HBO)
The Strain (Series premiere on July 18th on FX)

EDIT: Yep, had totally forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder, hollylolly.

Every one of those save one is a genre show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It just means "science fiction-y".

And "soon to be cancelled" :smug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, multicam is objectively worse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Nissan Versa is no more...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nevertheless, people think that what they see on TV is what real life is, and showing gay couples just being around and normal and unremarkable is a step towards normalizing gay couples in society so while it there are sinister capitalist motives behind it, it is a net benefit to society.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So how is this Chelsea Handler Netflix talk show supposed to work exactly?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait, what's he busy with?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

He's directing two Star Wars films.

Oh. Well he's a good director, so that's good I guess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Come on man, that news was posted like 20 whole minutes ago. Get with the program!

Sorry I was reading about how every OitNB actor has also appeared on Law and Order.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

xeria posted:

Rosario Dawson has been cast in the Netflix Daredevil series.

I saw that earlier and I was like, hmmm isn't she like really old and then I looked it up and we're the same age :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This can't possibly be as bad as the movie, right?

...right? :negative:

Erm no I think it's gonna be Real Good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Not for Rosario's character though. As a female lead in a Daredevil story, she's destined to end up dead or institutionalized.

Look that's only happened like five or six times before ok.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basically I am so hype for the Marvel Netflix shows.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah season 2 was a big improvement. As for s3? Well they've announced Laura Prepon will be in every episode so...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Early reviews for the Leftovers lookin' good.

HIlarious Lindeof/Lost related jokes to follow...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is it actually the Rapture in the show, or is that just (presumably) what some in universe characters think?

I imagine that will be the Big Mystery.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

The backstory is that it's currently likes six threads down from this one and hiding in plain sight.

That thread author :swoon:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool why are you still a mod? I wanna talk about comics in the Arrow thread :twisted:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That'll go over well on the internet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Hot Bible Spoilers ----> There is no Rapture in the Bible so they should just be cool with whatever. Oh wait, no that's not going to happen.

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's how I was taught to think about it :confused:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

That passage has nothing to do with what people think The Rapture is (The sudden disappearance of believers before the Great Tribulation). It's a letter sent to a certain group that's basically saying that when all is said and done that all the dead will live with those still alive in God's Kingdom. There's nothing in the Bible about the believers disappearing before the Great Tribulation. Though it's become the popular belief due to Left Behind and things like that.

Yeah that's why you have all these arguments about pre- and post-Millenarianism and what not, but as someone who was raised evangelical before Left Behind ever came out I can tell you that that verse is straight up the reason that so many people believe that Christians are going to fly up into heaven at the Second Coming.

My extended family was post-Tribulation so I heard all these horror stores about how as a Christian I was going to be tortured and executed by the forces of the Beast before the Rapture (which was, like, any day now).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh I agree I just wanted to be pedantic about Bible stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You like literally everything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sopranos is the best ever, peace.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes it is good and cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also enjoy your new man crush on Travis Fimmel's eyes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FX had so many complaints about this billboard they took it down:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Actually, Del Toro just really liked his Blade 2 vampire vampires and wanted to make a deal about them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember how we were all like "Pfffff that ancient Egypt show on Fox is gonna get so loving cancelled". Well it did already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

• Locked thread