Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If not warren sapp 99 would be jason Taylor.

For 54 - I nominate zach Thomas.

"Crazy you homer" but wait!
He has 7 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros 2 second team all pros for a total of SEVEN all pros, 2 time linebacker of the year according to nfl linebackers alumni association and named to the all 2000s nfl team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_White_%28American_football%29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My word

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

gently caress Dallas basically

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fenrir posted:

I'd say Willis had a peak that came close but just didn't last as long, but otherwise you're right. Lately Bowman is better than Willis, and Ray is a first ballot hall of famer, most likely.

Maybe I'm remembering too much recent Ray Lewis though, and not enough of his early 2000s play. He was a monster back then.

Yeah Ray cir 96-01 was the best MLB of all time. I say this as someone who despises him as a person.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ray was good, probably the best ever, but Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa helped make him look unstoppable. Frankly I think Lewis is the third best Raven of all time but 20 and 75 are borderline insurmountable numbers for Reed and Ogden.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I don't think anybody's nominated any 76s so I'll throw out Orlando Pace

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
How about 84s? Is Randy Moss in that conversation even though he wore 81 with the Pats and 18 with the Raiders?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Criminal Minded posted:

I don't think anybody's nominated any 76s so I'll throw out Orlando Pace

Yeah but did Orlando Pace kick field goals? I didn't think so, Lou Groza baby.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

How about 84s? Is Randy Moss in that conversation even though he wore 81 with the Pats and 18 with the Raiders?

He spent the most time in Minnesota so hes 84. And, yes,

hes the king of the 84s.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
It's MOTHERFUCKING STERLING SHARPE.

Although I gotta admit I did laugh my balls off when Randy mooned the Packers fans.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Tim Brown for 81.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ray was good, probably the best ever, but Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa helped make him look unstoppable. Frankly I think Lewis is the third best Raven of all time but 20 and 75 are borderline insurmountable numbers for Reed and Ogden.

He must have slipped your memory.:colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

OxySnake posted:

He must have slipped your memory.:colbert:

You must not have read his post. He was saying it was insurmountable for Reed and Ogden. Meaning that while they were absolutely amazing players, they wouldn't be the best at their number.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Has anyone made a post arguing for a player who played before they were even born yet so it looked like they knew a lot of poo poo about football

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

toxicsunset posted:

Has anyone made a post arguing for a player who played before they were even born yet so it looked like they knew a lot of poo poo about football

Let me get that.

Matt Hasselbeck for #8 because I heard he led the Hawks to the Super Bowl one time.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

toxicsunset posted:

Yeah, but I still don't actually know a lot of poo poo about football :v:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
#83 has gotta be Ted Hendricks.

Still waiting for the TFF Draft Thread for someone to pick him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
For #77 I'm thinking Red Grange but I'm open to others.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think it's down to Grange and Willie Roaf unless someone has a guy we haven't thought of.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I think it's down to Grange and Willie Roaf unless someone has a guy we haven't thought of.

PFR has Jim Parker, a Colts lineman from the 50s, ranked second behind Roaf.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So is there anyone else of note with 86 or 36 better than Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis? :unsmigghh:

Also I would say 59 would be Jack Ham

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Buck Buchanan for a homer vote for 86, which...well I think we're even there with Ward. My guy's in the hall though :smug:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ed Mccaffrey for 87 because

Also because I can't think of anyone else wearing 87.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

Ed Mccaffrey for 87 because

Also because I can't think of anyone else wearing 87.

Gronk laughs.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

WugLyfe posted:

Gronk laughs.

As does Big Ben Coates.

(does anyone remember Ben Coates, that guy was awesome)

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Dave Casper was pretty good plus the awesome name.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Muhsin Muhammad, fuckos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WugLyfe posted:

Gronk laughs.

And his forearm breaks from the laughter.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

As does Big Ben Coates.

I had a Ben Coates jersey when I was in elementary school

I had no idea who he was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I remember a play from '94 against the Dolphins where, in my brain, which is a notorious liar, Ben Coates shrugged off like 4 defenders then ran like 60 yards for a touchdown.

I probably called Shannon Sharpe a humongous bitch like a million times over the next few years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I thought Coates was the guy who wrote the reparations piece for the Atlantic.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Fenrir posted:

It's MOTHERFUCKING STERLING SHARPE.

Although I gotta admit I did laugh my balls off when Randy mooned the Packers fans.

Nah man, it's Moss. More quotable than Sharpe (Straight cash Homey vs...???), faster, better hands, better jumper, more creative than Sharpe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaXlpB9UvCY), just a better football player -- and now analyst -- than Sharpe could ever dream to be.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

As does Big Ben Coates.

I had (still have it someplace) QB Club '98 and Coates was really good on that game for some reason.
But for 87: Reggie Wayne is my personal favorite.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Fenrir posted:

99 receiving TDs in the 30s/40s. A record that wasn't broken until Largent 40 years later. 1211 yards and 17 TDs, numbers that are comparable to any top 10 WR of TODAY, in loving 1942. That was in an eleven game season. In other words, he averaged 110 yards and 1.5 TDs a game, in 1942, an era where defenders could practically tackle the WR at the line and grab them at any point in the route. You are delusional.

110 yards and 1.5 TDs in the modern 16 game schedule would now amount to 1760 yards and 24 TDs. Who has done THAT, even with the new rules that protect WRs even more than they did in only 2001? Answer: No one. A few have come close, but seriously. Even Jerry Rice and Randy Moss have never hit 24 TDs and 1760 yards would be in the top 5 of single season yards by any WR. e: It would be 3rd behind 2012 Megatron, 1995 Jerry and 1995 Isaac Bruce.

To be fair, if you're adjusting for season length then Jerry did it in 87, when he had 22 in 12 games.

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

shiksa posted:

Muhsin Muhammad, fuckos
Yes please.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

shiksa posted:

Muhsin Muhammad, fuckos

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Hello, my childrens.

81 on lock.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Wrong Lion.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641088&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post430698542

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Chad Ochocinco thank you and god bless

I'm just going to assume the contents of pages 1-4 were all just an agreement on Andy Dalton for 14

• Locked thread