Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Len posted:

I guess I got lucky because through the dozen or so GFWL games I've played I never had a single issue making it work so I've never understood all the rage people have for it.

Only GFWL issue I ever had was back with Bioshock 2 - it would install GFWL but wouldn't let me sign into my account. Also had issues downloading patches & DLC until I ended up removing the GFWL components & reinstalling via the MS website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I loved both DK games when they came out - I used to play with my stepdad and friends quite a bit just because it was so hilarious and a blast to mess around in. Out of curiosity, I still have my original copies of both games - do the GOG ones work pretty well under Windows XP and 7 now? I've got a really old laptop with XP on it that I loaded DK2 on to, but it'll randomly crash out to the desktop at certain points when I play, no rhyme or reason to it. I'd have no problem shelling out the $10 for both DK games on the GOG site so long as they work across XP and 7 without crashing.

Also love the DK2 narrator guy, his voice is just so perfect for the game :allears:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

The GOG version of DK2 somehow works beautifully. They even managed to make a patch for the hardware renderer

Also, I did manage to find a better jackpot video

YES thank you! Gonna get these now, so glad GOG was able to get the bugs hashed out, I love playing these games :) might have to let my stepdad know since he likes playing both too.

E: Holy poo poo, they have the old Theme Park game! I loved that poo poo, making people barf or go flying off the rides. Goddamn, 3 games for $15, and a couple days after my birthday no less :D

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jan 10, 2015

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

rodbeard posted:

Doom seems like it's going to be a repeat of fallout 4 where it's not going to have any substance past the little things put in to build hype and impress reviewers.

You could almost say that about any game...for example:

rodbeard posted:

Bejeweled seems like it's going to be a repeat of Tetris where it's not going to have any substance past the little things put in to build hype and impress reviewers.

rodbeard posted:

World of Warcraft seems like it's going to be a repeat of Everquest where it's not going to have any substance past the little things put in to build hype and impress reviewers.

I mean really, if you're going for the "I am troll hear me whine about something I haven't played because I'm a simpleton babby whose opinions hinge on what others think" you need to put more effort in