Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This still blows me away. Yes, mp3's (or ogg files, which are like the free-range mp3 alternative) are small files, but when being played, they're uncompressed to their full PCM file size. I'm just blown away by the audio magic that Rockstar seems to be constantly wielding.

Why would you uncompress all of it at once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

muscles like this? posted:

They made this one newbie friendly seeing as previous games were kind of limited in release. The first game was PC only and while the second got a console release too it was only 360, no PS3.

If you want you can catch up on the lore from the surprisingly-good Kotaku article.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Szurumbur posted:

- there are a lot of options to sidestep the combat system's shortcomings, but my favourite is using the alternate Quen Axii sign (enemies fight for you) which doesn't break if the enemy is attacked and whacking the enemy, ten swings and repeat - no matter how strong the enemy, as long as I can Quen Axii it it will die, too bad it doesn't always work

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Internet Wizard posted:

Origins was also made by a different team at a different developer while the actual dev team made Knight

My understanding is that not only did the main dev team outsource the PC work to another company, but the main dev team has in fact thrown said another company entirely under the bus on this matter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

In Pillars of Eterinity, I'm in Dyrford Village and I get this bit of banter between to of my party members:

Eder: Sagani, does your fox bite?
Sagani: <dryly>Yes.
Eder: I'm gonna pet him anyway.
Sagani: <Suppressing a laugh> It's your hand.
Eder: I'm gonna pet him!

God drat I love this game.

Wait for it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Testers can do that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Flamethrowers are interesting. Any sentient species using flamethrowers probably shouldn't be messed with.

It's the non-sentient species with flamethrowers that really give me pause.