Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
It's a really nice touch that they put the extra work into something that people would probably never find on their own.

If you have no interest in actually playing the game yourself, you can watch the ending here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCed-hb53E

Spoilers, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Nuebot posted:

Is it, like every other telletale game, episodic though? Because if it is I usually just wait until it's all done because I'm an impatient moron.

More on topic: Deadly Premonition is full of little things that make me happy. Especially regarding the big plot twist of who the killer is, if you explore a bit during certain points of the story it becomes extremely obvious who the killer is. Every NPC's car getting a personalized license plate was kind of fun too.

Yeah, except for the fact that one of the license plates flat out tells you who the killer is. Still, great game. York's banter with Zach is always fun to listen to.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

kazil posted:

Spoilers: FemShep harasses her as well.

I just wanted someone to feed my space fish :(

I also totally cock-blocked Joker, and I'm not even sorry.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
There really is no feeling better than kicking a cultist into his friend so hard he explodes.

Another thing that was great about RE4 was the sound design. Not just the guns, but the enemies themselves. The bug enemies click and clack appropriately, and the chanting of the cultists totally helps set the mood.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Obviously we just need a Saint's Row game with the same level of destruction that Red Faction had :getin:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The PC version has something added to one of the Scarecrow levels that makes it look like your video card died.

I was playing this game on an old computer that was legitimately in danger of having its video card die for real. When I got to this point I was so mad, and incredibly paranoid for the rest of the night.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah also if you shoot an opponent's dick off what are you going to punch them in now, huh smart guys

The... eyes?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
In MGS4 you can sneak up behind enemies and hold them up. Once the enemy has surrendered to you, you can frisk them and if you hit the right button Snake crushes their enemies crotch and knocks them out.

There are female enemies in the game that you can do the same thing to. However, if you try to knock them out by crushing their balls they call you a pervert and kick you in the face. A pretty nice detail in a game well known for its small details.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Kavak posted:

There's another mod that adds in real 1950's frozen food brands for you to scavenge.

I will never understand how someone can look at a game like this and go 'yeah, this needs more realistic food brands in it'

I guess it has something to do with my immmeeerrrssiiooonn

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I'll be honest, I really like FFX for almost everything it's got (yeah, even the story) but gently caress the fact that you can't skip cutscenes. Double gently caress you when you put them in front of huge bosses, I'm looking at you Seymour and Yunalesca!

Oh, and the music kicks rear end. If you disagree I'll fight you :colbert:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've recently been playing Way of the Samurai 4 off of steam, and the writing in this game is fantastic. It's funny, it's witty, and it's incredibly juvenile.

There's also a poo poo ton to do in the game, so I can see it taking up a lot of my time in the future.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've been playing the new Warhammer: Vermintide game, and the interactions between characters is great. The elf is a huge dick, but instead of just taking it, every other character just shits on the elf nonstop.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The sound design in the new Battlefront is absolutely amazing. The sounds of lasers and tie fighters zipping through the air reminds me of watching the movies for the first time.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Inco posted:

I haven't seen something so completely impenetrable in my life.

Yup, par for the course when it comes to Dwarf Fortress.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've been playing through Company of Heroes again and the sound design is still one of the best I've ever heard.

My favorite part is all of the unit lines and the fact that after all this time Conrad still hasn't learned how to tie his laces :3:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I thought people had to undergo power armor training before they could wear power armor. Did they just remove that concept from the game?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Digirat posted:

The cyborgs in helldivers have big super armored human tanks that only show up on the hardest difficulties. There's an achievement called "stick it to the man" for using the "No!" voice command while in melee range of one.

I don't get what this is trying to reference.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Greatbacon posted:

"Jesus Conrad tie your loving shoe laces"

You think this is Kinderparty? Get a goddamn move on.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've been playing the Overwatch beta and the game is really pretty. The Greek level is one of the prettiest levels I've seen in years.

In terms of gameplay, landing a hook on Tracer as Roadhog is a great feeling cause you know she's about to get hosed up :rms:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
You can't mention little details on the Tanker level without mentioning the ice bucket. It's easily missable, and only appears in one area in the game, but they put so much effort into it.

They even took the effort to program in the fact that ice cubes closer together would melt slower than an ice cube by itself.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Veotax posted:

From reading the Giant Bomb review it sounds like all the 'Mechanical Apartheid' and 'Aug Lives Matter' crap is just marketing bullshit and not actually in the game. Which is a relief.

The game sounds like nothing ground breaking, just a better Human Revolution. I can live with that.

Human Revolution is one of the very few games I've ever played through twice. If this game is even 1/4th as good I will be very pleased.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Stuntman posted:

Have you played the original Deus Ex yet?

It's on my list of games to play, but I don't have nearly as much time as I did back in College.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've been playing Civilization: Revolution lately and there are a number of things about the game I absolutely adore.

- If you hover over the friendly villages (think Ruins from Civ: V) you can sometimes hear Baba Yetu playing.
- The game contains an 'Overrun' mechanic where if an attacking force is substantially stronger than the defending force the attackers instantly win the fight and get to attack again. This saves so much time when you're attacking enemy archers with tanks.
- Everyone in the game is a total dick to each other. If one advisor is telling you something and the next message comes from a different character they'll just bust into the screen and push the first person out of the way.
- Different upgrades affect the visuals of units. So a tank unit that has the 'move one space farther' upgrade has hiking equipment attached to it while the stealth upgrade paints the vehicle black.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I still remember how blown away I was when I visited Venice right after playing Assassins Creed II. I legitimately felt as though I could navigate around some of the city just based on my knowledge of the game.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I'm replaying Medal of Honor: Airborne and I really like how the ammo is handled. Instead of picking up ammo for a specific gun you pick up ammo for smgs or rifles. This allows you to run any mix of weapons without having to worry about ammo types.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

It's probably been 8 or 9 years since I've played it, and I barely remember anything I did in it except one. There was this one boss, who looking it up I guess must've been Olga of the Eastern European gang, would just hang out in a cave with a bunch of dudes who would wreck you once you stepped foot in there. It felt like I tried dozens of times to get to her, but failure after failure lead me to just jacking an 18 wheeler, rammed it right in there, and just ran her over as much as I could before the truck exploded.

I don't think I ever did this boss correctly. Every time I went to fight her something, or somebody, would blow her up before I could find her.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
You can't mention Tales from the Borderlands without talking about the finger gun 'shootout'.

That caught me so off guard I had the biggest poo poo eating grin for an hour.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
All this talk about Red Faction and no one mentions the Nano-Rifle? It's obviously not as cool as the sledgehammer, but collapsing a bridge with one or two well placed shots and seeing an entire convoy plummet never got old.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

theshim posted:

Been replaying some Valkyria Chronicles and one thing makes me grin like a moron every time. You can shoot enemies in the head for extra damage, which is pretty important for Scouts with their piddly little rifles and the like, but I will never, ever get tired of doing it with an anti-tank missile. Especially because there are ways that units' accuracy can go up and under the right circumstances you can drop an anti-tank missile into an enemy's head from across the map with pinpoint accuracy. It's a tiny little thing but I love doing it.

Unloading into an elite trooper's head point blank with a storm trooper is nothing short of music.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've been playing through Just Cause 2 again as a run up to playing Just Cause 3 and I forgot how many small details the game has.

Your parachute doesn't get caught on trees so you can easily go cross country with the best mode of transportation.

Rico's clothes reflect the biome he's in, getting covered in sand or snow depending on where he is.

Oh, and the voice acting is the perfect mixture of awful and b-level ham.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I spent about an hour yesterday in Just Cause 3 just cruising around the starting island on the wing suit, and I am absolutely over the moon with it.

I think it controls really well, getting in and out of it is very smooth, and it's so pretty/exciting flying mere inches away from the ground.

The only bad thing is you can't fire your rocket launcher while wing suiting, but if you could I actually don't think I would ever stop.

Oh, and the game doesn't stop throwing ammo at you, which was a real nice change of pace from the second game where it felt like I was running out every two fights.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, it was the run-up to one of the bosses. They'd even have injuries corresponding to how they'd been killed, including some disturbingly specific ones such as a guy being pecked open by vultures. :catstare:

Don't forget that if you then kill and eat that vulture the guy comes back moaning "You ate me! You ATE me!"

It's been said before, but MGS3 is basically little things the game.

^ Motherfucker, we made the same post at the same time.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My friend and I recently got the Oculus Rift thanks to the new deal and we've been playing Rec Room as a way to acclimate to VR.

Rec Room contains a number of different mini games, one of which being a sci-fi shooter where the players progress through a map shooting AI enemies. If the enemies shoot your weapon you drop it and and will have to pick it up again.

It's absolutely hilarious to see your friend get the gun shot out of his hands and seeing him crawling around, both in game and in real life, trying to re-arm himself.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Those look way too much like Gunther from Adventure Time for it to be a coincidence.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I was playing Just Cause 3 last night and when I was messing around I noticed a crashed van on the side of the road. Upon further investigation it was a supply van and I was able to obtain a multi-rocket rocket launcher because of it.

I thought that was a very cool way to give the player a powerful weapon in a very organic way.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Battlefield 1 just came out with its Russian themed DLC. One of the things it gives the Cavalry is a lance which allows you to stab enemies and carry them along with you for a bit. It's very satisfying to pull off and absolutely terrifying to round a corner and see it coming towards you.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I finally finished NeiR: Automata and while the game had some pretty lame bosses the last one is pretty great if you decide to play as A2. Since 9S specializes in hacking he's loving with your system the entire fight. This can take the form of swapping your controls or forcing a retro-filter for your vision to name a few. It was a nice change of pace from most of the other bosses that had no real defining features other than beings spheres and shooting lasers.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Future Perfect was my jam when that game came out. How has no one mentioned the level editor yet?

My friends and I would spend hours creating new maps and killing each other on them.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

darkwasthenight posted:

Still doesn't make up for that loving jeep though.

Hearing the guitar opening to that song still causes my stomach to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I love the little jig the skeletons do right before they move in Necrodancer. They just wanna kill adventurers and have a good time :3: