Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how Snake just can't open the box and get his new gear, he has to get INTO the box and burst out of it wearing the new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

I love the achievements for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record because matching the game's lighter tone there are tons of goofy ones for things like killing 69 zombies or making a zombie slip in a puddle of vomit or wearing an entire outfit of women's clothes.

And true to the series there are some that are absolute fuckers, like beating the final boss with the pharmacist that you rescue at the very beginning of the game still in tow.

Not the final boss, the last psycho.

It is a bitch to do though because to even reach that psycho you need to do the entire story up until that point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inco posted:

Not only that, but that track in Undertale samples some of the sounds from that fight in Earthbound, including the static making up the end part. Napstablook's battle theme also uses Venus's "vocals" from Earthbound, and Papyrus has a Starman emblem on his chestplate. Dude loves Earthbound.

Well he did make Earthbound romhacks prior to Undertale.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Action Tortoise posted:

Dragon Quest Heroes

I've been getting some great names for my monster minions

Cementha
Jack Marrow
Cheeto
Leopold
Ralph
Bono

Also a quest to collect slime drops is called Ready for that Jelly.

Leopold is a name from DQ8, but the rest are spot on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gitro posted:

The Houndmaster in Darkest Dungeon has a self-healing skill.

Not feeling so fresh after facing down mutant fishmen from the deep? Hug your doggy :3:

He also shields the dog when he gets attacked.

Nobody's hurting his doggy. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A space butthole or a super powerful god like entity trying to kill me, YOU DECIDE.

Destiny might do a lot of stupid poo poo but the encounters can be quite fun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea one of the rifts tilesets is filled with last of us enemies.

Everyone hates it cause bloaters are so loving annoying.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec posted:

You gonna supply screenshots or something to back this up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-quJGIZs18

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ryu Hayabusa just showed up in my Warriors Orochi game and he's so grotesquely OP that I love it. :allears:

He starts rear end deep in enemy territory and just cuts his way through to you making the most able A.I unit in the games history.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how in Dead Space 3 all human enemies would get torn to shreds by your weapons.

Which makes sense, you're basically using the equivalent of construction gear.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Go up look up DMC4 freestyle videos if you want to see the absurd things you can do in a DMC game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cleretic posted:

Project X Zone 2 has so many great little things in it, that ultimately stem from the fact that it respects every single franchise that it's using. It would've been so easy to be lazy about some of the titles it's pulling from, but they never are and it's great.

-At several points during scenes with Sakura Wars characters you can hear the jingle for relationship levels going up.
-M. Bison's bio describes him as using many different names and identities in different countries, because for some reason Street Fighter localizations kept shuffling names around in the early days.
-While most of the Resident Evil representation is pretty straight-faced, Jill's bio makes a point of calling her the Master of Unlocking.
-Phoenix Wright spends most of the game with no loving clue what's going on, playing a pretty good straight man... until like twenty chapters after his introduction, when one of the major villains is explaining something. Objection starts playing, the only point it ever plays in the game, as Phoenix interrupts her and dismantles her entire story.
-Basically any time Segata Sanshiro does or says anything. :allears:

Do you have a video of the Phoenix Wright moment?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cleretic posted:

Not in English, unfortunately, I found a video of it in Japanese, but that's all.

Well that video led me to all the exchanges with the back up characters.

Holy poo poo Segata is amazing.:allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Olaf The Stout posted:

BROFORCE is free on PSN. It features The Brode (kill bill) Cherry Broling w/ machine gun leg, Ellen Ripbro, 3 different Arnold bros, 2 chuck Norris bros, Brochette, universal Bromander aka JCVD, and many more.

Gameplaywise its exploration and death mechanics are like meatboys, its combat is like a more tactical metal slug, and there is a heavy emphasis on digging and blocky stuff like terreria. It's 4 player and it makes me and my gamercrew laugh like idiots. Brode (Blade) tears poo poo up with his sword, Neo can teleport all matrixy, Indiana Jones has a whip that he can climb ledges with and his special move is 6 individual instantly lethal shots with his revolver.

Dope game go download it.

I unlocked MACBROVER, his gun shoots dynamite and his grenade is a turkey with a dynamite stick shoved into it. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did the intro section with perfect stealth during my first recruit playthrough. :smug:

Also I loved having my most lethal weapon be FISTS, god I loved kicking the poo poo out of everything, there's one particular boss enemy that you tries to fight you hand to hand, if you defeat him in hand to hand Thorton will sound really winded and tired for the rest of the mission, just a really cool touch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flatluigi posted:

She voices a lot of things these days which is cool as someone who used to watch HAWP pretty often. I had no idea she played Chloe in Life is Strange until I was looking up things after the fact. Ms Pauling in TF2, too!

I will never not be amused over that Ashley Burch has such a prominent VA role in one of one of the most violent game series ever made when she herself loves to spout so much debunked bullshit about violence in games, but I suppose money will always trump morals.

And she is indeed quite talented, it takes a very special kind of VA to voice a bubbly pop idol in one of the most boring and monotone ways I have ever heard, shame Bailey was busy with Gears 4, we could have had her reprise her role in P4 Dancing all night.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just fought a deathclaw in an ancient rusty power armor suit and a serrated chinese blade in Fallout 4 and I WON.

Game has major issues but that was loving awesome.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite thing about Dark Souls 3 is how they altered PvP to make ganking impossible, basically your weapons are set to the hosts, on top of that whenever you invade it seems to prioritize people with multiple phantoms so its quite rare for an invader to fight someone solo.

Its wonderful and the ganking babies are all up in arms. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kontradaz posted:

I like the new Ratchet and Clank, but it's such a kid's game I feel ashamed playing it.

Quit being such a bitch and enjoy yourself.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The final boss in Dark Souls 3 is the most amazing thing I have ever fought.

:siren:MAJOR loving SPOILERS. :siren:

Essentially he goes through multiple transformations that resemble what a human player would use, from weapons to magic making for a crazy and unpredictable boss fight, in his final form he turns into Gwyn from the first game.

Just really loving cool and fits in with the lore.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Did you really think that Square Enix was just going to remake a 50 hour long JRPG?

Yes actually.

Thing is Square Enix could charge like 30-40 dollars for each part and people will pay it cause its FF7.

Its what I'm expecting from them to be honest.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cleretic posted:

given that Nintendo's only ever made one bad game.

Nintendo's made loads of lovely games.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cleretic posted:

Other M. Any other 'bad' Nintendo game by my count is either disappointing but still alright on its own terms (Super Paper Mario) or only nominally a Nintendo game (Star Fox Adventures is an entirely unrelated Rare game with a Star Fox coat of paint), but Other M is inexcusible.

It's entirely possible I'm forgetting something, particularly from the NES era, but that's where I'm coming from.

This is some hilarious hoop jumping to justify a company's lovely outings.

But yea not sure where this derail come so on to favorite things, one thing I sort of enjoy sometimes is horrendously lovely physics and boy does Destiny have those in abundance, case in point is a particular enemy called a Phalanx of one of the factions, this enemy tends to hit you with their shield when they come close, for reasons that nobody can really explain these enemies to completely destroy the games physics and cause poo poo like this to happen.

I have another one of a human player punching me into orbit and getting me killed via impact damage so while Phalaxes will be the main cause of retarded deaths like this, it seems to be a problem with the game itself.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Yeah I'd say a good 50% of my deaths in that game was "Misadventure" or "the Architects" which, from what I understand, is basically "we don't loving know what killed you."

My theory is that in the moment of impact you might be clipping through the ground in some way and the game just launches you instead.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HMS Boromir posted:

If anyone in this thread ever makes a videogame, please take this to heart: Always cheat with hitboxes in the player's favor. They'll probably still notice their spear hitting someone despite stopping an inch in front of them or an enemy attack clipping through their body and doing no damage. But it'll be so, so much less infuriating.

Unless you're making a fighting game, of course. Then go hog wild.

Post a better image then, Slayer's 6P isn't active in that frame you posted, its active once his shoulder moves forward and there's a good second delay from when you do the move and it hits.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love that the capstone skill for Berserker's in Guild Wars 2 is a headbutt.

Most of the skills involve poo poo like literally summoning rocks and shattering them or kicking someone so hard they can fly off and knock other people down as well as a variety of abilities that mostly involve setting yourself on fire, and the final skill, the very last thing in the tree is a goddamn headbutt.

Its really powerful to and makes taking down champion break bars quite easy, also I'm fairly certain it has the lowest cooldown of any elite skill in the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In a game full of waifus I never expected a big fat pig guy to steal my heart. :swoon:

All joking aside Roadhogg is a tank character who's gimmick is using a hook to pull people and holy poo poo is it satisfying, predicting where tracer is gonna teleport and one shotting that bitch, dragging Pharah out of the sky, killing Hanzo's as they vainly try to be zippy assholes, like I have never played a more satisfying character.

I had a game where I had 87% hook accuracy, it was ridiculous, nobody was safe, never been called so many racial slurs in the in game chat.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I disagreed with Armstrong's the strong will rule stuff but he was dead on with the other poo poo he said.

But then again that's what makes a great villain, someone who you might agree with a little but you still need to kill his rear end.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

I'm glad people are coming around to liking FFX because it's my favorite FF game and in my top 5 games.

The reveal of Auron, the best character, being dead out of spite was great. He spat in the face of oblivion because he had more important poo poo to do. Tidus being a dream or whatever was a little more telegraphed but still shocking.
Yuna is one of those characters that I tend to hate because I used to be really impatient with timid people. Her growth, even though is subtle, showed a young me that everyone knows more than you about something.

That's a lot of words about a dumb anime game but I guess I played it just the right age.

I really liked how the actual final boss was such a gimme, like really showing how truly powerless Sin was when you discovered what he actually was.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kihami is a red mage pretty much, doesn't excel at anything but you can create the role you want for him.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Wakka's thing was taking down flying enemies. That's something Lulu could be doing too, but that's why he was there I guess.

Wakka was actually the 2nd strongest attacker after Auron, really good for a pure damage party.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This page is solid gold, so many people's delicate american sensibilities triggered by virtual sex. :newlol:

I mean I can understand not wanting to play Witcher because of say the combat which has largely been garbage, but because of the potential possibilities of having virtual sex? Especially when on this very page a person just mentioned he had to go through 6 hours of sidequest to get to it?

Like its a drat good game that could fill pages of this thread with little poo poo, none of it relating to optional quests to bang someone, stop being so goddamn sensitive over stupid poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

She's a racist.

You're thinking of Ashley.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth, decided to pick an evo at random for one of my guys, it gave me this.

Its special ability is called the poop dunk. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inco posted:

Is a Winston stack really that dangerous? I've been on the receiving end of a few, and it seems like a single Lucio can keep them at bay relatively easily, between keeping people alive and pushing Winstons out of range. I had 22 eliminations with a streak of 17 as Lucio against a team of Winstons on Hollywood (well, until they started switching characters, but by that time we were so entrenched they couldn't get any further).

I haven't faced a stack of the two other characters, but thinking about it sounds like it would be hell. Tracer stacks can work, but really only on CP maps, where they can end the match before the defenders can adapt to the strategy.

Maybe not an entire team but 2 winstons working properly in tandem are an absolute nightmare, their gun does not need to be aimed, hits multiple people and they can cover themselves pretty good with their bubble shields, they can basically jump in on you and rip up your team pretty good and have amazing mobility, add a team that's taking advantage of the double winstons distraction and you're in for a bad time.

Double junkrats on certain maps is also very hard to deal with.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So in Payday 2 whenever you kill a security guard while in stealth, you have to answer their pager or the alarm sounds.

Anyway the newest character DLC is a biker by the name of Rust, likeness and voice provided by Ron Perlman and in one of his pager interactions he asks the operator if he's watched Hellboy. :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr E posted:

I guess I should start playing Payday 2 for another 300 hours again.

It just got a massive update that altered the skill system, changed enemy balance and a bunch of stuff, no better time to go back.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

The chat menu in EDF 4.1 is incredible, not only does it let you cover almost every major tactical and social announcement you would need to make with just a few taps of the arrow keys but it lets you lead your soldiers and fellow teammates in singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qfWt1ACBw

Do you have to pick those options for your chat wheel? I can't find those.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's a boss in AP that's an Olympic gold medal winning boxer, when you fight him he assumes you'll go hand to hand with him and you can just shoot him which has Thorton give a one liner, or you can actually go toe to toe with him and you'll get special dialogue, Thorton will also sound winded and tired for the rest of the mission.

Its seriously amazing how many little touches AP has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RagnarokAngel posted:

Where does her harp go, anyway?

She turns it into the note.