Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Samuringa posted:

I don't think there was a single moment where Sebastian's thoughts weren't in sync with mine during The Evil Within 2, both when scared shitless or annoyed by all the bullshit.

The best part of that game is the scene you get if you backtrack to that one guy and then they’re like ‘there’s evil outside’ and seb goes ‘yes but there’s evil... within too’ and they both turn and stare at the camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I was phoneposting while drifting to sleep or I would have, so thanks for the alley-oop shot followup :shobon:

God I wish I could play DS right now, I've gone from not really being interested pre-release to being hilarious interested post-release because of how wild a walking sim it is.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

They can also grab and drag you into the lava with them if you use that trick at the one part :mad:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zoig posted:

For all the controversy around pokemon recently, i do like this new gen having a lot of surprises, when sun and moon was coming out they spoiled basically every pokemon on the website and it kinda ruined half the fun. Also it feels like more recently they are really going out of their way to come up with more things for weird type combinations and its been really neat.

The pokemon that's a bug in an apple having diverging evolution paths of bigger bug in apple or loving pie is golden

also the coolest rock dudes line since basically forever.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Calaveron posted:

It's not a bug, it's a dragon so it's a wyrm in an apple

:vince:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zoig posted:

The fact that the basic bug that every game has is bug/psychic in this game is loving wild, by the way, and honestly I really love how every generation since 5 has had more and more good bugs.

:hai: lots and lots of good grass types too

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Thing I am not enjoying is how I need to wait months yet to play DS since I don’t have a PS4

Kitfox88 has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Nov 25, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

It won't even come out on PC for months yet.

I was tired and meant to say PS4

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Resident Evil 2 is 2 spoopy for me

I get spooked playing RE4, when I tried 7 I didn’t even make it into the house before noping out.

I’m scared to try 2 even though I love how dumb the series is

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah. It doesn’t help I have a phobia of fungus-y things

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Dewgy posted:

7’s fun because it opens really scary and by the end it’s a body horror grindhouse action game, all while never really losing the same tone.

The xpac where you play the swamp hick boxing undead into bits is good yeah, I was able to watch an LP of that bit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Those are pretty hosed up kills drat

I mean that’s MKs wheelhouse

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

That is in fact one of Terminator's taunts when he wins a round. :v:

His arcade mode ending has him lower himself into some outworld blood ocean just like the t2 ending, thumbs up included.

Also one of his interactions with jacquie briggs has he ask him if the rumors are true and sub-zero is now just plain zero. :v:

They had a lot of fun including him, it’s great

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I forget the name of it but there was an Xbox era game where you played an amnesiac dude with psychic powers and the first guard you see and sneak attack was at a pc. You can then interact with it and he was talking to his wife or girlfriend or whatever on Not-AIM and she sends a few messages after like “hey, stuff ok, you stopped talking all the sudden?”

I think it’s the first time my dumb teen self was like “oh poo poo these characters can be actual people instead of just goldeneye golems” and I actually could not play the game anymore despite having been super hype to rent it :(

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It was the one where you ARENT a gruff soldier guy so whatever that one was :thunk:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah it was this one :hmmyes:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

I always remember those two games because they had a Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down thing going on, they came out only a few months apart.

Yeah exactly it’s why I always mix them up

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

He’s not little but Kim is something in a game that I love.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The game also taunts you for picking the straightforward options frequently by giving you a 'perk' that explicitly pokes fun at you for being boring

I got sorry cop at first cause I felt so bad about harry having caused so much trouble

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The recent terminator game has some fun time travel shenanigans as you would expect.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

It also has multiplayer which is really unusual for that genre.

XxCheneyxX has joined the game

BioEnchanted posted:

Hah, this sidequest in Jinx frustrated me initially but talking to the giver gives you a hint that makes it actually really fun. The idea is that a zookeeper has lost 8 animals, 4 pairs, and needs them retrieving. Normally those kinds of collectibles are either evenly split between the 3 levels, which cannot happen here as there are 8, or they are all in one level together. However in this case the animals ran off to their own habitats. The aardvarks went to the spooky levels as they like the dark, the giraffes to the water levels as they like being near water, the camels to the desert levels because of course, and the hippos are probably at the pirate level that I haven't got to yet. That's cute.

:3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I do love silly cameos :3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's stupid as poo poo but I think my favorite thing about JC2 was finding out the monster truck could float on water because of its bigass inflated wheels, so I spent ages trying to paddleboat around with it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Ghosting missions without touching a guard feels great in stealth games but I'm terrible at them myself so I can never manage it. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was fun as gently caress though and I enjoyed leaving mountains of dead guys around. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Poetic and awful fates worse than death in dishonored owned, sending those dickhead aristocrats to their own slave mines was cash money

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

flatluigi posted:

iji is criminally underknown for the amount of interesting stuff it has

:hai: it’s really fun and the final boss theme is a goddamn banger

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Also even though the bosses in GTA 3 are awful people they aren't meant to be liked by the main character so they are less frustrating than Nico and CJ's garbage families. SWEET AND ROMAN ARE PIECES OF poo poo, SEVER YOU IDIOTS! The games would be so much less frustrating if Curtis was just like "Sweet, next time you end up in prison, you are loving WALKING home. In the meantime, I'm giving our sister away at her wedding to the chill spanish dude, we're all tight." and Nico just responded to Roman with "Stay in that bin where you belong, I'm working for the FBI now."

The only Rockstar protagonist to end his game better than he started was Jimmy Hopkins. Tommy Vercetti is a ticking timebomb so I'm not expecting him to last long.

i really enjoyed san andreas and then the very end of it takes a fat dump because after all cj's work and life crushing stunts for unfortunate racist guy who voiced hades in hercules results in him being released from prison out of the blue he immediately shits on everything cj's accomplished, shits on cj's attempts to pull him into the success without a moment's hesitation, then over the rest of the game except for the very end just constantly berates cj while doing nothing himself. it's such a poo poo end to a game that was otherwise generally pretty fun and over the top.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yeah but then the point is completely shittered because instead of telling sweet to gently caress off if he really wants to throw his life away cj just immediately goes ok fine

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Don Gato posted:

GTA V lost me when (spoilers for V I guess) Johnny gets unceremoniously killed by Trevor in his first appearance. Story-wise, V is probably the only game I've played where I hated literally every character and just wished all of them would just die already.

Though I kept playing it because Euphoria-enhanced ragdoll physics are literally the funniest thing to ever watch. Just love watching things like people getting caught on the hood of my car after I hit them, or my character flying 200 feet after a car accident because I didn't wear a seat belt.

Pretty much this, virtually every single character in the game is an unlikable piece of poo poo, but the gameplay itself was a blast to gently caress around with. Shame GTAO is just an ungodly grindfest unless you pay out the rear end for micro-transaction poo poo. :shrug:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I just went and re-read the lp of it yeah. I’m poo poo at them but I have a really soft spot for those old SNES robot side scrollers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I always thought this was kind of silly as the motivation for a tonne of soldiers is patriotism.

Or just needing a paycheck.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

NEO scavenger lp isn’t on it and that makes me sad

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

MGSV's story had a lot of issues to put it mildly, but I do like that there's a reason that Kaz is so distrusting and second guesses Big Boss constantly and basically is an rear end in a top hat to you a lot of the time, since he's in on the fact that Venom Snake isn't actually Big Boss and he hates the plan that he's going along with for now

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh then never mind i totally misread it :downs:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

kreia is a jerk and I enjoyed being good guy mcheropants through her bitching

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Rockstar's game dev process is making fun open world sandboxes to dick around in and do collectathons and hunt down poo poo and just generally dick off but then insisting on including an irritatingly written story you need to do that's full of characters you absolutely loving hate every moment of. :sigh:

To stay on topic though, I love how Deep Rock Galactic's devs keep adding more and more lines for the dorfs each update. It's always fun to hear something brand new when I point out an enemy or get a kill.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t have a switch so I haven’t played em yet but I really hope that the gyms being an actual like real-life-esque sporting event with sponsors and stuff isn’t one of the things they just unceremoniously dump after this gen because everything I’ve seen about it owns

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

one of hades' boss fights takes place in an arena, and all the shades in the crowd are cheering for your enemies. except one :3:

dawwww

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

poo poo now I’ll need to go dig up the LP for it again. IIRC the thread voted to name their Heavyarms using unit upper left or such cause of the stock footage :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

For my own contribution - Ace Combat 7 lets you install mods as easily as putting a mods folder at the right place in the game directory, so now when I fly the F-15C I can use Starscream's colors and in the campaign my wingmen will use Skywarp and Thundercracker skins.

Link please