Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

President Ark posted:

Melee strategies based on shooting the dudes in the knees -> suplexing them -> knifing them when they're on the ground are pretty drat effective, though.

Also hilarious when you manage to suplex a guy so hard his head explodes.

Also because Leon arbitrarily doesn't remember that he can suplex people until the castle, before that all he does is kick people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fibby Boy posted:

Interesting "cheat" for this part: If you drop a flash grenade into the water you kill enough fish to completely fill your inventory and then some. However this only seems to work on the gamecube version. I tried it recently on the HD 360 version and it didn't work.

Flash grenades also instantly kill any ganados with exposed plagas parasites, which makes them way more useful than you'd expect.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've been replaying METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE thanks to the Steam sale and, even though there's no indication that it will work, when Metal Gear Ray tries to stomp on you in the tutorial level you can parry the stomp which lets you skip entire stages of the fight since parrying immediately lets you jump into Zandatsu mode and slice off some armor.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows may have been a pointless cash-in that tried to awkwardly combine Harry Potter with Gears of War combat but it did have some pretty rad hoodie physics.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Flint_Paper posted:

In Bayonetta, the worlds are seperated into layers. There's the human world, Paradiso, and Inferno. Between the human world and the other two is Purgatorio - an inbetween state where Bayonetta fights enemies. In Purgatorio, all the human NPCs are transparent figures who have no idea what's going on. Similarly, angels (the game's bad guys) cannot be seen in the human world. Even Bayonetta must do some fancy witch magic to traverse these layers.

You know what doesn't have to?

Cats.

Cats just wander round being ever-present in all worlds and not giving a single gently caress. Total cat behaviour. They know what's going on and they do not care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLsCEdGv3g4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9wsdJGPZQ&t=43s

Platinum has a thing for cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Esroc posted:

My boss has been watching me play it on the shop laptop and was making fun of me for stopping in every level to hack everything I could find to bits. So I handed the controller to him and told him to give it a try and he started squealing like a little girl as he cut everything in sight to ribbons. It's just so satisfying.

It takes about an entire playthrough's worth of BP to fully unlock and it makes the game boring to play, but if you buy the Grey Fox sword and upgrade its special ability it automatically ignores defense and just slices enemies apart with regular attacks. It's pretty satisfying to just sprint around mashing X and dismembering every bad guy in your way.