Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
In Batman: Arkham City's Catwoman DLC Catwoman is a playable character and is extremely sexy. One of her moves is a sliding attack where you run and then slide into enemies in order to knock them over. Functionally, Batman has the same attack, but Catwoman's is kicked up a notch.

When Batman does the sliding attack he does the kind of slide you see baseball players do when they slide for a base, it looks OK and it is powerful, but Catwoman's sliding attack is just as powerful and several times more sexy. What she does is; 1) she gets on her knees, 2) she leans really far backwards so she is almost lying down 3) she spreads her legs, all of which is sexy individually, but when put together and accompined with her battle moans is probably the single most sexy move in the Arkham Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Agreed. A game occasionally giving me a friendly reminder that the Play Station Store is only a few button presses away at any time by highlighting installed and un-installed DLC content in-game is a great way for me to not have to worry about becoming too immersed in the game-world and story of role-playing games and forgetting the time, missing important meetings and such because of Radscorpions.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

In the licensed FRIENDS FMV game there was a reference to Matthew Perry's drug abuse :suspense: I know it's old but I'm going to spoiler it because it was a great moment When you escape from the blizzard and enter Central Perk (the coffee shop hangout), Chandler has snow stuck in his fake moustache (an inventory item from earlier, don't ask) and instead of wiping it away he snorts it in

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Origins and it has reminded me of my favourite thing in Batman: Arkham City; Catwoman. Catwoman has the same moves, maybe a bit fewer and a bit weaker, than Batman, but they are still powerful, and they are much sexier than Batman's moves, overall. Batman has 2 maybe 3 sexy moves whereas nearly all of Catwoman's moes are sexy, her slide and choke grab moves are extremely sexy, even.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

It is hard to make Batman sexy from the 3rd person perspective that the games use because of his cape.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

SiKboy posted:

How obvious it is that Gat is dead depends on which voice you picked for your main character I think, because they all have different lines. I played through the game twice, once with a female boss, once with a male boss, and there is a particular cutscene on the bridge where I didnt realise they were supposed to be coming back from Gats funeral until my second playthrough because the voice I was using the first time round only refers to it very obliquely, so during my first playthrough I was still assuming he was "missing, assumed dead but probably not", whereas my other playthrough the boss directly says something like "Johnnys dead and it loving sucks" in that same scene.

I thought Gat being dead was pretty obvious and I picked the zombie voice.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

was Origins really buggy on release on some systems or something? people seem mad about it & consider it way worse than Asylum and City, but it played the exact same when i got around to it. or maybe it is some comic nerd thing? figured Knight is the exact same + more enemy types since that's all that's changed in the other installments.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

The King of Chinatown in Absolution is probably the most open-ended mission in the series, with a achievement for completing the mission in something like 9 different ways. The level design is all over the place throughout the series, with some really lovely, linear and combat-heavy maps, and some open-ended cool ones. What most of the Hitman games do badly is higher difficulties imo, where adding more enemies basically just locks you out of nearly all but one approach if you want to do stealth, making the games much more linear if you raise the difficulty. Absolution has some cool levels, but if you go beyond Normal difficulty the added enemies locks you out of most stealthy approaches.

My one favourite little thing about Absolution is the level editor, which is simple & intuitive to use, basically being a free-roam of any level, where you play however you want and the game records up to three eliminations, what disguises you've worn and which weapons or items you killed the targets with. People playing your map then try to recreate what you did, or do it more effectively, like non-lethally, or without wearing a disguise and still not getting seen.

My second little favourite thing about Absolution is the insight into the gamer psyche you get if you go online and and check out the most popular user-made levels, which always take place in the strip club level and have you run in and kill the big boob strippers with a fireman's axe.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I only just recently switched from Windows 95 to 98, and from 98 straight to Windows 10, because of 95/98's great dosbox and emulation potential, well, not needing emulation, for a lot of stuff, really. Anyway, i was surprised that i managed to get F*R*I*E*N*DS: TRUE FRIENDS running and have seeminly gotten the save file transfer work reliably. Don't know how many times I've played this game, but this will, probably *knocks on wood* be the first time that i'll be able to fully resolve multiple of the chacter story lines in-game without them reverting to defaults. My favourite little thing is just that, which I think perhaps the Ultimate / King British games did even earlier? I never played those. A lot of games have done it since, like the Mass Effect games. Something that does not really happen any longer, I think, is how wildly licensed games could deviate from their tv/movie counterparts, there just wasnt the same strict control with licensing, even with big stuff, because nobody gave a poo poo about games yet. One Chandler/Joey line has Joey actually dying and Chandler refusing to go to the funeral. The "bad" Chandler resolution has him becoming an addict, which turned out to be a bit too true, looking back, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I was writing up a post for the PYF Dragging This Game Down Thread, and thought of something that I wasn't really sure whether to put this in here or the PYF Glitch/Bug thread, as I believe this is sort of based on what was initially an oversight in the way character endings coupled, but here seems more appropriate. Anyway, in F*R*I*E*N*D*S True Friends you basically have to advance character plots to a point where they sync up with one or more other character plots in order to advance scenes, and to ultimately trigger true endings. Like meeting the requirement for a Joey/Chandler or a Monica/Ross path would require finishing both involved character lines and triggering relevant flags along the way. For the most part, opting out of a friendship path puts you into a different one, but not always.

Basically, the majority of endings are centred around two character paths, leaving you with a probable minimum of 3 endings that plays out on a regular play-through, but a few lines end up with triple, four, or all six lines synced. None of the triple lines involve Joey, or Phoebe or Rachel, which means that they can end up "alone". In Joey's case, this is resolved with a blurb about how he finally gets some taste of success as an actor and lands his own sitcom, which then bombs. A pretty accurate piece of fortune telling by a game released nearly 10 years prior to the actual Joey sitcom.